TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 19th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2014, 06:27 PM

Good luck with the challenge mate...looks like a tough one, 1000 swings in 28 days.

Nutrition log
Workout Journal
Old 02-20-2014, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
Good luck with the challenge mate...looks like a tough one, 1000 swings in 28 days.
10 000 swings mate. Not 1000
Old 02-20-2014, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJankowski View Post
10 000 swings mate. Not 1000
Sorry, typo...I meant 10 000. Good luck!

Nutrition log
Workout Journal
Old 02-20-2014, 08:09 PM

That is some challenge. I couldn't do those 350+ swings in a week, let alone in a day; especially with a 24kg KB. At some point I would have to stand on a couple of cinder blocks to keep the DB from hitting the floor because my shoulders and arms would be stretched out about a foot.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman View Post
That is some challenge. I couldn't do those 350+ swings in a week, let alone in a day; especially with a 24kg KB. At some point I would have to stand on a couple of cinder blocks to keep the DB from hitting the floor because my shoulders and arms would be stretched out about a foot.
From what I've read the biggest killer is boredom. After about 20 days or so of doing 350 swings you get a bit bored. I've also read that those who did follow through has some pretty impressive body comp changes.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:33 PM

Smile Holy Crap!

That's a whole lotta swingin! After I finish the TT contest, maybe I'll give it a go! Good luck.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:33 AM

I love KB swings but I can see how there would be a boredom factor doing that many!

Shawn
Old 02-21-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJankowski View Post
I've also set myself the challenge of completing 10000 kettlebell swings in 28 days in addition to my regular training.
Should be interesting. I'll back close attention to my body composition and see how much progress I can make in this time.
Diet wise I won't be skimping on calories. All this extra work will require plenty of fuel.
I have read about Dan Johns challenge. I would have to bring a KB to work to get that many in. Good luck. I would have picked a month with 31 days!
You can do this Peter. Concetta
Old 02-21-2014, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
That's a whole lotta swingin! After I finish the TT contest, maybe I'll give it a go! Good luck.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnss711 View Post
I love KB swings but I can see how there would be a boredom factor doing that many!

Shawn
Indeed mate. I'm going to break them up a bit I think. Suggestion was to do ladders. So do something like 10 swings then 1 pushup, 15 swings then 2 pushups, 25 then 3 pushups. Stuff like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by concetta27 View Post
I have read about Dan Johns challenge. I would have to bring a KB to work to get that many in. Good luck. I would have picked a month with 31 days!
You can do this Peter. Concetta
Thanks Concetta. I do believe I will have to take mine to work as well.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:09 AM

Default Day 73

Well the past couple of months have been quite a roller coaster ride both emotionally and physically.

I feel like this KB challenge that I have taken on has really helped to focus me. I've really enjoyed it and with only 4 days to go I think I will miss it when it's over. However my body will also really appreciate the break because 350+ swings per day along with my regular workouts can take its toll.

As for the transformation competition I don't think I'll submit a finishing entry because if I'm being very honest I spent the 1st two thirds of it putting on weight. lol

I'm turning things around now but there is only so much you can do in a couple of weeks.

My focus is now shifting toward the TT Summit and getting myself in top physical and mental condition so that I can endure all the travel, jet lag etc and still make the absolute most of that weekend.

Next week I'm due for a new program but right now I'm unsure which direction I will take. I'm seriously thinking about running either Eric Cressey's "High Performance Handbook" or a Ferruggia program that I've been sitting on for a while.

I always so I'll try other things and end up doing a TT program but you never know.