TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > TT Workout Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2014, 02:26 PM

Default Last Question For The Week!

I swear. I looked through the workout guide and I didn't see anything about additional "interval training". On the forum though there is a list of suggested intervals. Am I supposed to be doing those? I have now officially gained weight. AHH! I'm hoping that's muscle! If I need to do some intervals, I will do them! Thanks. Leslie
Old 01-23-2014, 03:30 PM
Administrator

No, you don't need to do anything more than what is in the manual. Thanks!
Old 01-23-2014, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
No, you don't need to do anything more than what is in the manual. Thanks!
YES! Good answer!
Old 01-23-2014, 05:25 PM

Leslie, I feel your pain. Yesterday I weighed myself and I have gained weight, too! I just added in a 4th day of working out, HWO + TT Intermediate, but I think it's too early for any effect from that change. I'm telling myself it's transient, but I hate seeing bigger numbers!
Old 01-23-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocombes View Post
Leslie, I feel your pain. Yesterday I weighed myself and I have gained weight, too! I just added in a 4th day of working out, HWO + TT Intermediate, but I think it's too early for any effect from that change. I'm telling myself it's transient, but I hate seeing bigger numbers!
Too much working out can work against you. AND, don't rely on scale readings. How do your clothes fit??? That would be a better indicator.........
Old 01-31-2014, 11:44 AM

Smile Workout C Questions

I know you TT folks are busy beavers this weekend, so no hurry as I won't need the info until next Friday!

Squat with press-Can I do wall ball squats in place of this for fun? I got a wall ball for my birthday and would like to use it.

Narrow feet squats-In the video, Brian's upper body is almost completely upright. If my knees do not extend beyond my toes and I concentrate on pushing up through the heals, does it matter if my torso is not totally upright? I'm not arching my back or completely bending over, but I'm definitely not upright.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:23 PM

I presume you are talking about the 1 arm DB squat and press. One aspect of that exercise is that your opposite side oblique/transverse abdominal must stabilize the weight of the DB to prevent your torso from bending/twisting. Using a ball would essentially provide that stabilization and your core would not be under as much demand. That being said, there would be nothing wrong from my point of view from regressing this exercise just as you described, by using the ball. Maybe you could try it both ways and see if you can feel the difference.
As far as having an upright posture during the squat many people lack adequate ankle dorsi flexion and or have tight hip flexors which basically pulls their torso forward when they attempt to squat. In the case of the source of the problem being the ankles then just elevating the heels can greatly improve the posture. In any event, it should not hurt to do some calf stretches and hip flexor stretches and see if this improves "squat posture"
Old 02-01-2014, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
I know you TT folks are busy beavers this weekend, so no hurry as I won't need the info until next Friday!

Squat with press-Can I do wall ball squats in place of this for fun? I got a wall ball for my birthday and would like to use it.

Narrow feet squats-In the video, Brian's upper body is almost completely upright. If my knees do not extend beyond my toes and I concentrate on pushing up through the heals, does it matter if my torso is not totally upright? I'm not arching my back or completely bending over, but I'm definitely not upright.
I think Brian is freakishly flexible in his hip flexors and ankles! He is a great athlete.