TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 13th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2011, 06:39 PM

Default Counting down! New year, new me!!!

I'm feeling excited, I'm getting ready!

I went shopping today, a new job means a week of professional casual wear... what? not scrubs? Not ABUs? Not gym clothes... hmmm... I scoured my closet, and tried to tug items on. I've come to the conclusion that nothing fits me :-(
There's a danger in wearing uniforms that are made to be baggy. I am disappointed in myself.
Today is the day I examine the multitudes of workouts I can choose from and pick the one that is right for me.
I'm counting down to the 1st of the month, the first of the year. A perfect chunk of 12 weeks to get me in awesome PT shape. I'm excited to start running again. I'm excited to be sore from head to toe again. The amazing soreness that only Craig's workouts cause. Those deceptive simple looking workouts always sneak up on you, round one down and you're sweating. I'm ready.
T minus 3 days!

Best of luck to everyone!!
~Amanda

"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Steve Prefontaine

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!
Old 12-29-2011, 06:47 PM

May you achieve success in attaining your goals. Remember this is a long term thing, if you persist you will succeed.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:38 PM

Question There's a question in here... Shawna's pull up challenge workouts OK for TT workout?

Thanks Jim!

Got my bodybugg charging... it was sitting next to my TV collecting dust, ironically I was looking for the remote, hoping my dog hadn't eaten the darned thing, and saw it. Renewed my subscription and took some preliminary measurements/weight... it sure isn't pretty.

My weight had crept up about 10 pounds from where I thought it was:-(
I weighed in at 194.4!! I am dangerously close to the 200's! Scary thought. I'm officially starting on the 1st, but I'm doing an ease in these next few days.
My step-son has a procedure tomorrow that requires anesthesia, and he's 2 1/2, so I will be with his parents for support at 0630 in the morning. So I need to wake up early. I don't know what tomorrow will bring after that. We have the little guy at our house, and his dad is driving all night (his job) and probably won't sleep. So :-) good thing I'm a nurse, cuz those boys will need someone taking care of them and the dogs.

I'm wondering if a Craig recommended workout is okay for the contest? It isn't a TT workout, but man it's similar.
Did anyone else get hooked into the email Craig sent on the 17th? Shawna Kaminski's pull up and push up challenge?

My main goal is to beef up my pushups and do them with correct form to keep from hurting my shoulder over and over.

Steve Prefontaine

- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!
Old 12-31-2011, 09:54 AM

Glad you're back! Don't worry about your weight - it will come down soon enough

Hope you had a nice Christmas and are looking forward to an awesome sweat-filled year
Old 12-31-2011, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan
Glad you're back! Don't worry about your weight - it will come down soon enough

Hope you had a nice Christmas and are looking forward to an awesome sweat-filled year
Thanks! I'm trying not to get down on myself. I feel like a broken record saying, "this time I'll really do it, this time I'll stick with it, this time I'll do awesome on my upcoming PT test."
But there it is, out there again... Saying what I'll do. 84 days of sticking with it, hoping it'll be habit and I won't have to start back at square 1.
Ringing in the new year with 2 of my kids tonight, a big festive junk food-palooza... Then game on in the AM. Trying to puzzle out the newspaper dilemma... Might just have to print out some online news.

Happy new year to all those who celebrate it!

Steve Prefontaine

- Beverly Sills

Old 01-01-2012, 06:20 PM

Default Today is day 1

Slept late, it was nice.
No work out today, as everything is closed. Will figure out how to take pictures and will post measurements later today.

Happy new year all!

~Amanda

Steve Prefontaine

- Beverly Sills

Old 01-02-2012, 02:48 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by northpolechick View Post
Slept late, it was nice.
No work out today, as everything is closed. Will figure out how to take pictures and will post measurements later today.

Happy new year all!

~Amanda
Nice to see ya back, NP chick......re-read Craigs Important Tip of the Day for extra motivation...........he has some great ones there.............luckily Craig gets up early......for me it is like getting my morning paper........both are there early!!!!!!
Old 01-02-2012, 09:13 PM

Thanks Rob,
Getting up early sure does set the day out right, but I'm transitioning to a night shift in a few weeks, so it will be a whole new acclimation. I hear night shifts are "bad for your health" but I'm naturally a night owl. I often find my most energetic hour to be 11 pm. We shall see what unique challenges my new schedule presents.
Since we didn't have a newspaper we didn't do our before pictures yesterday, which will make today our new day 1...
We ate well yesterday, no junk and I tracked it all, but we had crab legs and prime rib for dinner, along with baked potato and salad. It was a lot of calories, but not necessarily a bad for us meal.

Us being my husband, Todd and myself. He will be participating as well. Yay!!!

~Amanda

Steve Prefontaine

- Beverly Sills

Old 01-02-2012, 10:54 PM

I can totally relate to the "this time I will do it" quote. Can't even begin to count the number of times I have started then never finished. We can do this. My plan is just to take it one day at a time/one workout at time.

It is so great that your husband is in this with you. Makes meals so much easier, you won't be cooking 1 for yourself then one for your family.

Good luck on your challenge and I will be following along for the next 84 days.

Heather

PS Jaime Easton is my favorite too, love her physique.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgjohnston View Post

It is so great that your husband is in this with you. Makes meals so much easier, you won't be cooking 1 for yourself then one for your family.
We have a saying in our family, "if you don't like it, you can eat cheerios" So even if he wasn't on the diet, if i cooked, either him and the kids would eat it, or they get cereal.

I am excited though, because when you have a bad day, you have someone you can talk to about it and they can relate, cuz they might have had a bad day too.

Thank you for your kind words Heather.
:-)

~Amanda

Steve Prefontaine

- Beverly Sills