TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillianM View Post
Yeah the 1.5 reps r brutal! They were in one of the last programmes I did . Guess ur right katie it will b different for everyone.was just goin for a rough figure. As long as I work hard and keep goin knowing calories burned doesn't really matter .

1 wk in & I feel so much better already.I know it might b in my head or all the exercise making me feel good but I think I can see a difference. Yeah! Now just for the skinny jeans.....
yeah take a look in the mirror and admire yourself. Good work Miss G.

Neil Gazzillo, Telford, Shropshire, UK

My Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/neil.gazzillo
Old 09-21-2011, 10:02 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillianM View Post
Did a 35 min run on tues
Today did workout b from bdhc. I find pull ups so hard also!

My legs r wrecked.feeling really tired also. Which I think is down to nutrition.
Had approx 500 kcals by 6pm. Protein shake and tuna salad. Goin to gym wrecked isn't good.but when I get in I push on through.so for dinner had chicken, veg & quinoa. Prob had 1000kcals today. Shall aim for 1200 to 1400 Mon to Fri.I just need to remember not to get burned out early on.I'm such an all or nothing person.which is y I think my weight alway goes up & down.as katie says need to find something I can sustain in the long term.
Hi Gill

I think pull ups are much harder than chin ups, but I am trying to use the same strategy with pull ups that I did with chin ups to get me stronger, which is, using eccentric pull ups. So basically I get help to get up there (I usually stand on a bench, cos I am so short!) then I concentrate of the lowering movement and take about 3 secs to lower myself.

I did this with chinups as I couldn't do them before last contest, but now I can do 4!

Give it a go and see how you get on.

You are doing great, skinny jeans look out
Old 09-26-2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Hi Gill

I think pull ups are much harder than chin ups, but I am trying to use the same strategy with pull ups that I did with chin ups to get me stronger, which is, using eccentric pull ups. So basically I get help to get up there (I usually stand on a bench, cos I am so short!) then I concentrate of the lowering movement and take about 3 secs to lower myself.

I did this with chinups as I couldn't do them before last contest, but now I can do 4!

Give it a go and see how you get on.

You are doing great, skinny jeans look out
Hey katie how are you getting on?

Yes thats a good tp on th chin ups. I tend to do negatives also. dont get me started on pull ups. very hard indeed!
'Instead of turning your eyes away from the difficulty, open your eyes to the powerful opportunity, choose to invision your own best outcome, then choose to do whatever is necessary to make it happen'
Old 09-26-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl123 View Post
Good for you on the run! Pullups are SO hard! I do rack pull ups.. Have you ever done these? They are easier and you can knockout more reps.. It helps get those muscles built up to do the real ones! Sounds like you have a great plan of attack! yep.. find something that you can stick too.. Katies so smart
Haven't tried those pulls ups. Although do you need a squat rack? The gym I go to is abit of a joke when it comes to the weight area. But sure with the TT workouts I just get the head down and get stuck in.

How are you doing so far in the contest? Hope it's all good. Your profile pic is hot!
'Instead of turning your eyes away from the difficulty, open your eyes to the powerful opportunity, choose to invision your own best outcome, then choose to do whatever is necessary to make it happen'
Old 09-26-2011, 06:05 PM

So finished last week with workout C from BDHC on Friday and intervals on stepper.
Sat was abs workout (rought abs 600 this time - only did 2 circuits- was dying after it!) followed by a 20 minute run. Sunday was a rest day.

Cheats were alcohol and a meal out with friends. Stuck to vodka and diet coke on Saturday night. Upped the carb intake at wekend. On Saturday consisted of -museli type cereal, greek yoghurt and fruit for brunch then protein and veggies for dinner. On Sunday had some toast and cheat meal of nandos - which was great.

Back on it today with approx 1200kcals consumed. No complex carbs. Protein and veggies and some fruit. Did workout A from BDHC followed by 20 mins of intervals on the stepper - 8 x 30 secintervals.

Plan for rest of the week.
Tues - long run - approx 40 minutes
Wed - workout B from BDHC and intervals on stepper or bike
Thurs - might do workout C - I know I shouldnt do it back to back BUT workout B is an arms workout so dont think it will matter too much.
Friday - might fit in a quick 30mins of something as I have another date! lol. seems like a nice guy so fingers crossed.

Goals this week

1) Gym 4-5 times -work hard!
2) record food intake on phone app or paper.
3) plan cheats and monitor overall calorie intake for the week - (plan on approx 1200kcals mon-thurs, 1600kcals fri and Sat and 1600-1800 kcal on Sunday).
4) don't let things slide at the wkend!

I will have to start looking at new workouts. cant believe next week is last week of BDHC. Any suggestions from the female TTers? What are you getting good results from? So many to choose from!
Old 09-26-2011, 07:50 PM

Smile

Hi Gill

wow you are really going for it this time, well done. You are working really hard and your nutrition looks great, even at the weekend you did not lose control and allowed yourself some cheats and still came in at your projected calories, that's fab!

Well done you are doing fantastic, I hope the scales are moving for you, or at least the inches are shrinking, I am sure they must be because you are rocking girl!

Your week looks really good all planned out and organised.

As for your next workout, I started TTK11 last week and I am really loving it, it's a hard one, but lot's of different stuff in it with 3 minutes tests in one workout where you do as many reps as you can in 3 mins, eg pullups! Ha that's was mega tough for me, I did use the assisted machine and then you go onto pushups so my shoulders/arms were screaming.

I can't beleive how long 3 mins is when you are doing these exercise, but honestly the workout is great.

Today I have workout D which is a BW workout where you do each exercise for 1 min x 5 eexercises, and there are 5 differnent sets. And there are burpees in there, not sure how I will do burpees for 1 minute!

I like TK11 because it's a real mix up of stuff, there is only 1 workout which has intervals and I was a bit bothered about that, I asked Craig and he said, there is so much metabolic resistance in TK11 that you don't need the intervals each time. And man is he right, you can really feel it!

Can def recommend it, I think you will like it, but take a look at see what you think.

ABs TK11 looks good too, but I don't have any straps and there is nowhere to use them at my gym even if I got some, although there are substitue exercises, so I might do that one next.

I know what you mean there are so many fab workouts it get's tough to choose! But I really like the warm up in TK11 too so that tipped the balance for me.

well you keep up that great work, you are doing awesome.

ps my boys went to watch Ireland play on Sunday, said the atmostphere was fab, my youngest boy dressed up too, he looked great. He even coloured a picture of a leprechaun and stuck it to his green top!!

Keep smiling and keep up the fab work

Cheers for now Katie
Old 09-28-2011, 05:53 PM

Thanks katie. I have the plan set out so now its just sticking to it! Today in work my boss came back with giant cookies from Starbucks as a reward for us working hard.the girls all ate them.I just left mine as I knew i couldn't let myself have one bite as I prob wouldn't stop. I hope it has been munched tomorrow so i dont have to keep resisting.otherwise its goin in the bin.lol. I need to keep this kinda control at the wkend.I am gona count in alcohol kcals and keep in control there.no after boozin munchin is allowed!

As for next workout.ur one sounds brilliant.will have to check it out! Thanks for the tip.new challenges r always good.shall come over for a nosey on ur thread to c how ur gettin on.i bet ur doing great.
I did bdhc workout b today and the long run yestday.food today was grand.must keep going!
Old 09-28-2011, 06:27 PM

Good on you G.. resisting the reward cookie.. It would nice if bosses just gave cash instead of sugary treats eh.. Going strong there ..
Old 09-29-2011, 01:32 PM

Go you resisting the cookie! The little victories make up the big ones!
Old 10-12-2011, 03:21 PM

Default Are you still here????

Hi Gillian

You seem to have been off the radar for a while. things ok?

Neil Gazzillo, Telford, Shropshire, UK

My Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/neil.gazzillo