TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2011, 03:34 PM

Just go with whatever suits! I combined the Gauntlet and 2K4 to fit my gym schedule and it worked fine. As long as you don't end up doing similar workouts from your mixing and matching you'll be fine.

How about changing after 6 weeks? Or change after 4 if you get bored. Variety is the spice of life!
Old 09-09-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northpolechick View Post
ooohhh i just googled ninja blenders... woowww... too bad my birthday is right up against xmas and thus far off from now ;-)

~Amanda

You should buy one, don't wait until christmas!

Question

Are you from the northpole?
Old 09-09-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliux View Post
You should buy one, don't wait until christmas!

Question

Are you from the northpole?
I think I will buy one.
I am from North Pole Alaska, not THE true north pole at the top of the globe.

"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Steve Prefontaine

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!
Old 09-10-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
I think I will buy one.
Nice to meet someone from Alaska!

Keep it up! and You'll look like Jamie in no time
Old 09-10-2011, 07:55 PM

Looks like you've got a great virtual role model in Jamie Eason. Amazing looking woman.
On the workouts you choose, don't complicate things too much. Whatever you choose plan out any substitutions beforehand. Our lower minds are so sneaky they will latch on to any excuse to put things off- don't give it the chance.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:23 AM

Smile

Hi Amanda

I am with Catherine on this one, don't make it too complicated for youself, otherwise you might end up missing a workout or making excuses. Even with the best intentions, if I am not super organised and know exactly what I am going to do in the gym, I can get thrown a curved ball and it all goes out the window.

If might be worth running it by Craig over the training/exercise thread and see what he advises.

There are so many workouts to choose from it can get confusing, but if youdon't have the kit needed for these workouts, how about looking back through the TT Fatloss manual and chosing one of the TTK ones, I alwasy find them so simple and straightforward, but still super effective.

Not sure I have helped, but good luck with your first workout whatever you choose

Keep Smiling Cheers for now Katie
Old 09-11-2011, 01:24 PM

Yes, be sure to pick something that is doable for you. Right now I'm doing the hotel room workouts because they fit easily into a busy weekday schedule (soon to be a busy weekend schedule as well). In the meantime I'm hunting for a workout that I can switch to two weeks from now that will also be doable on a busy schedule. I started a few weeks back w/ a 4-day-a-week workout and it just wasn't working right now (despite it working well in the summer)...so I went w/ something familiar and "quick" just to make sure I didn't drop the ball on the exercise front. Good luck!

Old 09-12-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
Yes, be sure to pick something that is doable for you. Right now I'm doing the hotel room workouts because they fit easily into a busy weekday schedule (soon to be a busy weekend schedule as well). In the meantime I'm hunting for a workout that I can switch to two weeks from now that will also be doable on a busy schedule. I started a few weeks back w/ a 4-day-a-week workout and it just wasn't working right now (despite it working well in the summer)...so I went w/ something familiar and "quick" just to make sure I didn't drop the ball on the exercise front. Good luck!
thanks guys, that is great advice!

I will plan on doing the hotel workouts for now, because despite my best efforts, I haven't been able to escape away to the gym. So for the next 4 weeks, I'll pick up the other items I need to make the home gym more functional so I have no excuses. I AM home for a bit of time each day... granted, I tend to be trying to do a bunch of stuff... however, I redelegated out chores to the kids over the weekend, so hopefully that'll help out some on the chaos front and might free up a bit of time for me.

~Amanda

"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Steve Prefontaine

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!
Old 09-12-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
I've been derailed. Got sick yesterday, and can't find my camera for a decent before pic. So I shall attempt again tonight... or perhaps I'll wait until this weekend... we shall see... to determine what my partner in crime wants to do. It'd be better for us if we started and finished together, I think. :-)

might end up just using the computer camera, and get some before pics, just to have some one file. Yeah... I'll do that. ;-)
Are you feeling better? Now that your partner is here are you commencing the program?

Quote:
I think I will buy one.
I have a hamilton beach blender that I bought at walmart for $12.. I love it. I also have a Magic bullet and I like the blender a lot better.. It has a top on it that has a place to stick a big straw in.. or just to drink out of. So much cheaper, and so much better. I also use it for a food processor to whip up some protein pancakes
Quote:
thanks guys, that is great advice!

I will plan on doing the hotel workouts for now, because despite my best efforts, I haven't been able to escape away to the gym. So for the next 4 weeks, I'll pick up the other items I need to make the home gym more functional so I have no excuses. I AM home for a bit of time each day... granted, I tend to be trying to do a bunch of stuff... however, I redelegated out chores to the kids over the weekend, so hopefully that'll help out some on the chaos front and might free up a bit of time for me.

~Amanda
Good deal! And so it begins! I'm sure you will do great regardless where you do your workouts at.. How old are you kids?

My 12th TT Contest
Here My Beachbody website
My Journal
Old 09-22-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Thanks Rachel, Do you still have a thread somewhere I can follow? I notice you're posting to others, but I haven't found your new "thread home"

I'm stateside myself now. Thankfully. I'll have 19 days of C-STARS training to get me spun up on trauma nursing, that i'm really looking forward to. It'll likely be over christmas break, if we can swing it. That way I'll be missing as little of work at the high school as possible.

~Amanda
As a matter of fact, I hadn't had a new "thread home"! I have been occasionally lurking around here and commenting on some things, but just started a new thread today. Hope you are doing well... it's been a few days since you were on here!

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

My TTTC 10 Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9998