TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2011, 07:06 PM

Default Looking Back to Move Forward

Had a few minutes here at work, so I snuck off to the restroom in my office and took care of the nasty business of before body measurements.

Just from curiosity I looked to see what my beginning stats were for TT11... since I didn't finish TT11, I didn't have ending stats:

Height 5'4"
May 2, 2011 Sept 6, 2011
weight 181.8#-------------------- 182.5# = +0.7
neck 13.5"--------------------- 13.75" = +.25"
above bust 37.5" --------------------- 35.75" = +.25"
at bust 38.5"---------------------- 38" = -.5"
below bust 35.25"-------------------- 33"= -2.25"
natural waist 32" ----------------------- 33" = +1
belly button 38" ------------------------38.5" = +.5
hips 43" ------------------------ 45" =+2
r thigh 27.75"----------------------27.75"
r calf 15.25"----------------------15.25"
L thigh 27"
L calf 15"
R bicep 12" ------------------------- 13.5" =+1.5
R forearm 10.75"---------------------- 10.75"
L bicep 11.75"
L Forearm 10.75"

So all in all, not a disaster... I hadn't had miraculous transformations, but due to the fact I was on the mercy of lack of sleep, and dining facility food, and really only 2 weeks of structured exercises. I did focus a lot on working push ups in between classes, as we had usually a 10 minute break.

So that's where I'm at... pics coming tonight.

~Amanda

"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Steve Prefontaine

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!
Old 09-06-2011, 08:17 PM

I almost didn't recognize you with the new avi! Jamie Eason is amazing isn't she!! I love her, and I covet the stage as well. Have you ever thought about competing for figure like her? I have been wanting to do this forever but my will power always get in the way. Then health issues.
FOOD UGH! I think that we should have an accountability thread, food wise. Maybe a month of cheat free eating.. our free scheduled meals dont count
You are amazing! I think you have totally regrouped and are so in the game! We sure have a mighty group for the 12th challenge!!

My 12th TT Contest
Here My Beachbody website
My Journal
Old 09-06-2011, 08:45 PM

Smile

Hi Amanda

Welcome aboard, nice to see you back for another contest, am sure you are going to rock this time around

You do have some challenges with your job, my husband used to be in the forces so I know the trapfalls you face! But I am sure you can do it, think positive and believe in yourself.

I love your avatar, I have never heard of that lady, but just looked at her webpage and have to say she has an amazing figure, I would love to look like her, mind you I would have to grow a few inches, I am a lot shorter, mabye that would be the answer to my problems, just go and get stretched!!

Well done on posting your stats, that's the stake in the ground and now it's your best foot forward.

Good luck and keep up the great start.

ps who is your partner in crime?

Keep smiling, Cheers for now Katie
Old 09-06-2011, 10:50 PM

I'm excited to see your progress, Amanda I know you will do fantastically! You have an amazing level of dedication, even with the difficulties that your life poses. I'm here cheering you on Stateside!! and a HUGE congrats on your officer program. That's awesome!! My boyfriend is trying to get accepted; almost made it last year but they cut the number of available slots :/ From what he tells me, I can totally appreciate the fact that you weren't able to really keep in the last contest, and I'm amazed at how well you did in spite of it all!

Best wishes!

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

My TTTC 10 Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9998
Old 09-06-2011, 10:59 PM

Hey NPC,

I just started Super 6's. I figured since it's the beginning of the contest and I'm super motivated, I might as well go all out with 6 workouts per week.

Have you decided what you're going to start with?

How was your Fairbanks summer?

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Old 09-07-2011, 12:11 AM

Default Thanks everybody! And pics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollybeggar View Post
Hey NPC,

I just started Super 6's. I figured since it's the beginning of the contest and I'm super motivated, I might as well go all out with 6 workouts per week.

Have you decided what you're going to start with?

How was your Fairbanks summer?
My fairbanks summer was short with the weeks i spent in alabama.
I did none of the fun stuff you should do in the land of the midnight sun... but whatcha gunna do, right? just keep on keepin' on. Winter can be just as fun if you know where to look. Each winter I swear its going to be the winter I'll learn to snowboard... and naturally I'm hoping for it to happen this winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedicrr View Post
I'm excited to see your progress, Amanda I know you will do fantastically! You have an amazing level of dedication, even with the difficulties that your life poses. I'm here cheering you on Stateside!! and a HUGE congrats on your officer program. That's awesome!! My boyfriend is trying to get accepted; almost made it last year but they cut the number of available slots :/ From what he tells me, I can totally appreciate the fact that you weren't able to really keep in the last contest, and I'm amazed at how well you did in spite of it all!

Best wishes!
Thanks Rachel, Do you still have a thread somewhere I can follow? I notice you're posting to others, but I haven't found your new "thread home"

I'm stateside myself now. Thankfully. I'll have 19 days of C-STARS training to get me spun up on trauma nursing, that i'm really looking forward to. It'll likely be over christmas break, if we can swing it. That way I'll be missing as little of work at the high school as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Hi Amanda

Welcome aboard, nice to see you back for another contest, am sure you are going to rock this time around

You do have some challenges with your job, my husband used to be in the forces so I know the trapfalls you face! But I am sure you can do it, think positive and believe in yourself.

I love your avatar, I have never heard of that lady, but just looked at her webpage and have to say she has an amazing figure, I would love to look like her, mind you I would have to grow a few inches, I am a lot shorter, mabye that would be the answer to my problems, just go and get stretched!!

Well done on posting your stats, that's the stake in the ground and now it's your best foot forward.

Good luck and keep up the great start.

ps who is your partner in crime?

Keep smiling, Cheers for now Katie
here's a snippet of a quote with Jamie Eason about her stats... I'd love to look like her too! She has such natural beauty and looks to be a genuine person. She is fit and attractive at the same time, rather than the skinny fat girls, or the too hard looking women of bodybuilding. She sure found a good balance.

T-Nation: Okay, down to business. What are your current stats?

Jamie: I'm 30 years old, 5'2". My weight is 110 to 112 pounds in the off-season and between 98 and 102 in-season. Body fat is 12-15% off-season and 7-9% in-season.

I've got me a boyfriend ;-) and he is blissfully ignorant of what he's in for in the next 12 weeks. He's agreed to do this with me, and I am super excited... that explains the partner in crime reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl123 View Post
I almost didn't recognize you with the new avi! Jamie Eason is amazing isn't she!! I love her, and I covet the stage as well. Have you ever thought about competing for figure like her? I have been wanting to do this forever but my will power always get in the way. Then health issues.
FOOD UGH! I think that we should have an accountability thread, food wise. Maybe a month of cheat free eating.. our free scheduled meals dont count
You are amazing! I think you have totally regrouped and are so in the game! We sure have a mighty group for the 12th challenge!!
I've toyed with the idea of taking the stage this coming spring, but as you can see from my pictures, I have a long way to go. I'll revisit the idea this december. However, I'll need to start adding color to my skin now, as I'll rival the spotlights in how much I glow in the dark with my translucent skin! Haha.

Perhaps our willpower will be squashed this time. With the motivation we need at our fingertips, our hands won't have room for the baked goodness we seem to crawl to the highest countertops and cupboards in our kitchen for!

~Amanda
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TTTC12face.jpg (40.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg TTTC12Front.jpg (21.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg TTTC12Side.jpg (20.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg TTTC12Back.jpg (18.8 KB, 10 views)

Steve Prefontaine

- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!
Old 09-07-2011, 12:12 PM

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for taking the time to post in my thread, it was very encouraging. Good job on posting the before pics. I know you've got what it takes to do well in this contest. Have a great day.

"Never, ever, ever give up."
Old 09-07-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northpolechick View Post
I've been derailed. Got sick yesterday, and can't find my camera for a decent before pic. So I shall attempt again tonight... or perhaps I'll wait until this weekend... we shall see... to determine what my partner in crime wants to do. It'd be better for us if we started and finished together, I think. :-)

might end up just using the computer camera, and get some before pics, just to have some one file. Yeah... I'll do that. ;-)
Bummer for being sick, hope you feel better soon. Glad to see you here for another contest!
Old 09-07-2011, 03:07 PM

Hi Amanda! Good job on posting your pics! Guess who still doesn't have a news paper! Yup..me. I'll get one today and take my pics tomorrow. Good I might have to have a full start on Monday since I have been feeling way under the weather this week. I really tried to get on the stage last year, then the MS thing decided to hit me. SO, I put it on the back burner.
I think within a years time you could totally do it!

My 12th TT Contest
Here My Beachbody website
My Journal
Old 09-09-2011, 02:28 PM

Question There is a question in my ramblings (craig/anybody)

My Partner in Crime (PiC) keeps getting sent out of town for work at short notice while I'M at work... I wanted us to start together on this program... so I may "restart" and redo my before pics when he is in town... Hoping for this saturday... oh that's tomorrow.

In the meantime, I am wondering how to infuse two workout plans together... for example. I want to do the TT 4 Female strength, but I don't have all the pieces at home right now... so if I can make it to the gym I will be able to do that, but on days I can't I'll likely fall back on the hotel TT workouts with the interval workout from the TT4Female strength, either running outside, or biking on a bike trainer stand inside (when the weather turns super cold)

so say I do three workouts a week: 2 at the gym and 1 at home.

do I do a full 12 workouts of the TT4 female strength, which will span more than 4 weeks, or just change it up each 4 weeks regardless of the composition of the 2 blended workout programs... gosh does this even make any sense?

Ugh.

Thanks for any help if anyone can ascertain what I'm even talking about.

~Amanda

Steve Prefontaine

- Beverly Sills