TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrpurr75 View Post
Waleed!!! i totally didnt see on fb you were doing this contest too!! That is so fabulous! and you WILL do wonderful this time, ehh we all have those off weeks. I havent started my thread here yet cuz i almost never have time to get on an actualy comp n write it with my wee man, this comment here im doing from my phone lol. I had a phenomenal start but this week was lovely derailing girl hormones so i feel like i fell off the wagon even tho i havent been too bad, i just almost never get to work out! like 1ce a week which is so unacceptable! I love my almost daily ones but with a 4 mo old and like you, always staying up late instead of resting since i know ill be up w Collin, im always too tired to do much besides clean laundry or dishes lol. But im here for ya Waleed we've had what 5 or 6 contests together now? Plus facebook! We're gonna kill it this time n burn the flab right off of us! i gotta fit my jeans again for winter here lol. Good luck and super hugs and many tasty salads to you!!
JESS! It's so good to see you in the forums and thanks for dropping by my thread. I didn't really announce TT 12 on my Facebook page - there are too many of my friends that don't know what TT is and it's just easier to hang out with my TT buddies in these forums, if you know what I mean - "like-minded" people with the same fitness goals etc.

I can appreciate how busy you must be with little Collin (he's adorable BTW!) and it's great that you're still focused on getting fit again with all that you have on your plate. You are indeed a role model for mum's everywhere. I'm sure as the little guy gets older it'll get easier for you to find time to start working out again regularly.

It's incredible how the internet can bring together people from far flung places of the world - forums like this, Facebook etc. Although we've never met personally, I feel like you are one of my closest friends much like Jori, Crystal, Andrew and others - we will meet one day, I promise! Thanks so much for your support in the TT forums over the years and I'm here for you too. Like you said, let's kill it!

Find me on Facebook
Old 10-02-2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsarwani View Post
You're absolutely right Rob - we don't give up. It's not in our blood. I hope you have a better week too and keep the record rolling with the "sugar-free" days.

I'm not a huge winter fan either. I don't like the winters here (they're like a typical late Spring in the US) so I don't know how you all manage with snow etc. But I would trade it all for your fantastic summers! Oh well...I guess we can't have it all!
Hi Waleed, someday my kids and I should take you sledding!!!!!

"Eating crappy food is not a reward - it's a punishment."
~Drew Carey
Old 10-02-2011, 01:21 PM

So just when I get my "head" fixed and get motivated, something derails me - I caught a cold! I had a terrible night and couldn't breathe and hardly got any sleep at all (nothing new there). I took the kids to school, had breakfast and got into bed - slept in until 11am! One good thing about being your own boss is that you can take a day off whenever you want and that's exactly what I did.

But it wasn't an entirely bad day. I spent time updating my goals and my TT thread as well as catching up with some other TT contestants. I found the whole process quite invigorating and motivating and I'm realizing the power of social support. Although I'm no newbie here, I just shows that there is still so much that one can get from the forums.

I tried not to use my illness as an excuse for eating badly and in fact, I ate better today than most of the days last week. In an effort to kick my cold, I had more fruits and vegetables and hardly touched the carbs. I was planning to go for a walk in the evening to get some fresh air but I was feeling quite tired and decided to make it a quiet evening in case I made the cold worse and I'll make it an early night.

I'm travelling again tomorrow for a few days and if I'm feeling better, I'll get in at least an interval workout before my flight in the evening.

Find me on Facebook
Old 10-02-2011, 01:27 PM

Colds suck! If you get a bad one they can totally floor you... I always get a red, dry nose, which is as attractive as it sounds.

Well done for eating well - fruit and veg will heal you much quicker. I can never be bothered preparing food when I'm ill and end up eating junk, which is ironic because the junk will probably prolong my illness!

The forums are great eh?! If I'm away from them for too long my discipline and motivation plummet. Don't know where I'd be without all this support

Feel better soon!
Old 10-04-2011, 08:56 AM

You're doing what you're supposed to when you're sick: rest and get better. Often, I instead try my 75% cure. Three times out of four working out when I'm sick will cure me. That fourth time, though, puts out for a couple of days. Being eager and not that bright, I'll usually take the 3-to-1 odds!
Old 10-04-2011, 11:25 PM

Smile

Hi Waleed

how ya doing? sorry to hear about the cold, Clare is right they suck for sure!

HOpe it does not hang around too long and you can get back to your workouts, but you do need to listen toyour body and rest/recooperate and you will come back fighting fit.

I have a back injury at the mo and although I was off to a flying start, I have ground to a halt now. I am hoping it gets sorted quickly, especially as I have to sit on a plane for 24 hours next week (am going home to the uK first time in 4 years)

anyhow, keep up the great nutrition, it will certainly help you heal. and you are so right about the social support, it def keeps you on the straight and narrow, even if we waiver a little now and again!

here's a fab contest and let's rock it

Keep smiling, Cheers Katie
Old 12-10-2011, 01:36 PM

Well, another contest done. Here's my essay (also in the results thread).

I suspected from the outset of TC12 that it was going to be real challenge for me. I was determined to give it my best shot as I really didn't have a backup plan. In retrospect, it was probably a good idea for me to sit this one out so that I could take care of some of the issues that were getting in the way to my health and fitness goals. I was feeling overwhelmed with work, my sleep habits was serious disarray and I my nutrition wasn't particularly fantastic.

While I started quite strong for the first month and was able to get most of my workouts done following the TT Big 6 manual (one of my all-time favourite TT workouts), things sort of fell apart after that due one of the busiest periods of work and travel and I think I've ever experienced. For almost one month, I was travelling non-stop, juggling multiple projects and deadlines and was only able to get home for the weekend (in case, half a weekend). During this period, my workouts were inconsistent and my nutritional well and truly fell apart, driven by cravings for sugar and carbs.

I was grateful when this maelstrom passed and I was able to take note of what needed to be done. It was around week 7 that I felt like I "rebooted" myself and was finally in a state of mind and body where I would be ready to make the REAL transformation that I've been trying to make for some time now. Knowing that I was trapped in a vicious cycle of stress-eating-fatigue, I knew I had to break is somehow and I did so by fixing my nutrition first, and then making sure I got enough rest second. The inspiration for this was the book "The Primal Blueprint" by Mark Sisson and I instantly related to the concepts he describes about not eating grains, sugar (of course) and living the "primal" (or Paleo) lifestyle. This was the sort of change I knew I needed to make and this book gave the kick in the backside that I needed to actually do it. Within 3 days of eating the "primal" way, I felt like a new man. The brain fog that I had been living under for years lifted, my energy was up, the cravings were gone, I was sleeping better and overall, I was feeling, well, rebooted.

I was able to return to my workouts mostly in the form of interval training from the 31 Interval Workouts manual. I also included long walks on off days which gave me the chance to clear my head and kill stress. I also started doing intervals on the uphill stretch of a long bridge near my home.

While my transformation started somewhat late in the contest, I saw some big chances in a very short time. I lost 4Kg and my waist got smaller by 1inch in only 4 weeks. I experienced first hand how everything I'd heard or read about diet being the most important aspect of burning fat and I feel like I'm just getting started.

So, no dramatic changes again this time but I am finally on the right path to gaining the body and health I've always wanted. What's more, the combination of "primal" living with the TT workouts is a killer combination that I can feel I can continue forever - primal eating doesn't feel like a "diet" and TT doesn't feel like "exercise". While the before and after photos don't show a big change, a major change has taken place in my mind, attitude and spirit and that is going to carry me forward to better things.

I'm going to end my essay I always do - by announcing my commitment to participate in the next TC contest and one after that and after THAT if I have to get the job done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TC12WIS.jpg (90.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg TC12WIS2.jpg (87.5 KB, 7 views)