TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 15th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 03:01 AM

Default Going for the prize

G'day everyone from downunder in Australia. 43yo female in Sydney, TT old timer who's been away playing elsewhere for quite a while. Approx 3 months ago completed the 12 month Precision Nutrition Lean Eating program which taught me some excellent habits. But since then have backslid "doing it on my own". So something needs to be done. Here I am - start date today Sun 9 Sept.

TT programs have worked great for me in the past plus by participating in this contest it gives me a set date to work toward + the prize as motivation. In the past I haven't gone in really thinking about trying to win the prize always thought it seemed very mercenary (and I still do really). But I had a sudden realisation a couple of days ago - if I won the $1000 it would pay for the Precision Nutrition Certification which I'd love to do. And there'd be a bit left over for charity. Coincidently my friends in NZ launched their charitable project website yesterday Catalyst Microloans helping out poor people in Cambodia - that "bit left over" would cover 1 $100 microloan with some extra for the coaching donation and general help for the project. So, that's the big hairy audacious goal. I know I have stiff competition, partic in my female 40+ category - probably the toughest one with Catherine's clients and others. But I put it out there that if I end up being beaten to the prize it is because the winner deserved it and I will have done my best.

Not setting goals such as "I want to lose 5kg / xx% bodyfat" etc as I can't control these. What I can control is my behaviours which lead to achieving such goals. So, am using iphone app "Way of Life" to track following daily habits
  • any junk food bought from IGA supermarket downstairs - the usual sound strategy of not keeping junk food in the house doesn't work for me as I have a supermarket downstairs in my apartment block. Before you know it can be down there buying stuff if I'm craving it. Major reason for my backslide last couple months. A yes on this one is a bad thing.
  • log training + nutrition - training - Fitocracy, nutrition - my private blog (as it's like a diary where I can make ongoing notes during the day). That is sufficient to give myself the tick, but in practice will copy/paste here too to share plus keep myself accountable. Feel free to hassle if you don't see consistent updates in this log.
  • active recovery 2+ times/week - e.g yoga sessions from online yoga website I belong to yogasync.tv, joint mobility session, Craig's "off day" sessions
  • strength/conditioning training 3+ times/week - i.e. TT workouts !! in practice 3-4x week, as more than this is overtraining for me.
  • in bed by 10pm - aiming to get at least 7 hours sleep/night. I can't control the outcome i.e. how much sleep i actually get but time I go to bed is one of the main contributors.
  • eat slowly
  • eat to 80% full - the most important habit I learned about in LE but a lifetime challenge. google "hara hachi bu" to learn more
  • take multivitamin
  • take fish oil
I will paste a pic of my iphone screen shot each Saturday, showing the weekly summary from the habit app.

in addition my nutrition is to consist of good quality, natural foods. I have spent years practicing this mainly with Precision Nutrition plan so pretty much my life now. Hence don't feel the need to include habit checks for protein, carb timing etc in the daily habit list even though I do work on those things.

Workouts - starting with Jan 2009 2K9 for 1st 4 weeks - day 1 tomorrow Monday. Will do my favourite ever TT program April 2009 AAA abs at some stage. the 3rd not sure yet and given my workout ADD will probably change my mind later anyway. Train at home. Have accumlated a fab set of kettlebells over last 3 years and recently added a barbell/dumbell set + squat rack to the arsenal, so awesomely equipped now. Do my training first thing in the morning just because it is when I can get it done. My body would ideally prefer a bit later in the day, but doesn't fit with life.

Onward !!
Old 09-09-2012, 10:49 AM

Nice to see you back Donna! Good luck in the contest.......Speaking of Aussies.......ever hear anything from the Ju Ju girl ??? Again, Welcome Back...Rob
Old 09-09-2012, 10:07 PM

Way to go setting good habits. In bed by 10 is a great one, so hard for me to do most of the time.

Hope you do well and kick some booty.

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Old 09-09-2012, 11:16 PM

Hi Donna - Good luck! I like your goals. I need to get my nutrition back on track and cut out extra snacks.

"Eating crappy food is not a reward - it's a punishment."
~Drew Carey
Old 09-09-2012, 11:38 PM

thanks Rob, John, Abby replies on your logs.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:58 PM

Default day 1- Sun 9 Sep

no workout or AR

7am + 8am – black tea w bit of milk

10:15am pancakes (*) w mixed berries, apple, greek yoghurt, spinach + rocket

016.jpg

11am 2 x double shot coffee w milk

2:10pm small chicken thigh, 3 rice balls (*2), red cabbage, kale w. flowers, tomato

020.jpg

2:50pm black tea, apple

6:30pm kale chips (kale was tossed in chilli oil, garlic powder + salt and baked); 1 beer

(*) whole batch – 4 smallish sweet potatoes, 6 eggs, coconut flour, bit of coconut milk, spices. Today, ate half the batch. 80%, fail.

(*2) over-ordered rice balls from japanese tapas takeaway place last night – “panko rice balls w blue cheese, shitake mushroom + a little wasabi mayo”
Old 09-10-2012, 06:42 AM

Default day 2 - Mon 10th, eats

6:30am 2 cups black tea w bit of milk; apple, handful nuts

7:30am BCAAs with workout

10:05am chicken thigh, 3 rice balls (per yesterday), mix veges

10:45am, 11:30am, 12:10pm black coffee w bit of milk

1:10pm 2 boiled eggs, mix veges

001.JPG

2:10pm black tea w bit of milk, apple, 20g G&B 85% choc

5pm pork roast, mix veges
Old 09-10-2012, 06:43 AM

Default day 2 - Mon 10th, workout

Workout - 2K9, workout A (note this is a copy/paste from Fitocracy, so the +nn pts are the points it's given me for the exercise)
  • Dumbbell Bench Press:
    • 16 kg x 8 reps (+63 pts)
  • One-Arm Dumbbell Row:
    • 12 kg x 12 reps (+47 pts)
    • kettlebell alternate w db press, 1 min rest betw each exercise
  • Chin-Up:
    • 3 reps || assisted || 9 kg (+10 pts)
    • black band
    • 6 reps || assisted || 12.5 kg (+21 pts)
    • 5 reps || assisted || 12.5 kg (+16 pts)
    • black + green band
  • Kettlebell Press:
    • 12 kg x 8 reps (+48 pts)
    • 12 kg x 8 reps (+48 pts)
    • 12 kg x 7 reps (+47 pts)
    • alt with chin up, 30s rest betw each
  • Close Grip Push-Up:
    • 10 reps (+20 pts)
    • 10 reps (+20 pts)
    • 8 reps (+16 pts)
    • modified - toes down, knees up. superset w TRX rows
  • Suspension Trainer Inverted Rows:
    • 8 reps (+16 pts)
    • 8 reps (+16 pts)
    • 7 reps (+14 pts)
  • One-Arm Kettlebell Swing:
    • 12 kg x 19 reps (+58 pts)
    • 12 kg x 18 reps (+57 pts)
    • 30s sets, alt L then immed R ; 30s light jog + 30s rest betw each
Old 09-10-2012, 07:24 AM

You will like Workout C of 2k9. It is a lot like Thermogenic. I use one set of DB's and never put them down until I am at the end of the set. Pretty metabolic.............
Old 09-10-2012, 08:50 AM

Great job on the workout...and...are those pics of your actual food or are to posting pics from the recipe book you're getting them from? It looks wonderful. What's in the rice balls?

How do you like Fitocracy?

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym