TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 14th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2012, 09:32 PM

Glad you're seeing (and your friends) progress. When I was doing my first TT contest someone told me to live by the 80/20 rule. Strive to eat clean 80% of the time and strive to get your workouts in 80% of the time. Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

I was really hard on myself if I slipped eating or missed a workout. It actually made it worse, so I wanted to give up. Now if I miss something I work on planning better and just role with it. Granted don't let yourself go to the 20/80 rule!

Still so cool you workout with your horse. Love it.

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Old 06-25-2012, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariane View Post
Tuesday June 12 - rest day - light activity

Wednesday June 13 - MISSED WORKOUT!?

Thursday June 14 - Horse ride + interval cardio, total 14 km, 1,5-2 hours with the walk and grazing at the end (I did not graze, only the horse )
The horsey intervals went well, there is a steep small hill, we jogged down to the bottom and run up 3x. The horse looked at me like "are you crazy?" but followed me. What could she do...

Friday June 15 - TT Workout from "Booty for wife" - great! Lots of upper body.

Saturday June 16 - Heatwave starts in Hungary, 30+ celsius! Went to a swimming pool with a friend, swimming about 500 m, it was good for sore muscles (chest, arms).

Sunday June 17 - Riding out + hiking over 20 km on nearly mountain path, we could not find a road so that took couple of km extra walking in the heat, in full gear (chaps, hat, gloves...) - I often got off the horse, on steep slopes, and in the village where we walked a lot to find the road. I was very thirsty, it was about 2,5 hours, in extreme heat, no water with me. (I should buy saddle bag and take water with!).

Monday June 18 - Light activity, half hour walk in the morning to the shop, and a 4-5 km walk in the city in the late evening, it was cooler already.

Tuesday June 19 - Have not recorded it, I think I missed the workout, my planning was a mess, as some things got shifted around this week unexpectedly... I had a bit of walk + biking to the shop.

Wed June 20 - No workout, only work in the hot office
A 25-30 min chillout walk late night.

Thu June 21 - Riding in the late evening around 21-23h as it was almost 40 Celsius all day, it is very hard on me. Forgot to take potassium or sauna salt.

Fri June 22 - I was planning a TT workout but felt weak because of the heat all day. Walking a bit in the evening on the mountain, it is very nice when it is cooling off, wonderful summer night.

Sat June 23 - Finally - TT workout - finally!!
This time I wanted a killer workout and I got it.
I took the challenge of the brand new TT Bodyweight Cardio 5, workout A.
Wow, Craig! I thought I will die half way. It is still around 30 Celsius. I was sweating like a horse, or more. Panting. Feeling like I am in a real bootcamp
And that SCREACH excercise is great! Thanks!
Fortunately there is no interval after this one, as the whole workout is an extreme interval. Right after the excercise I went to the garden as a cool-off, and worked 1,5 hours, which was a good finisher, upper body included.

---
Summary:

There is progress, I am getting more active, and stronger. What I see is that I should not skip TT exercises. At least 2x a week, because when I go for a longer riding-hiking-interval, that can count for a workout. Interval cardios seem very effective for me, when I really start to sweat and my circulation speeds up. I feel after burn for a long time.

---
Progress:

Loss of inches: 1 inch off from my waist and 1 inch of from the hip! Some trousers fit and look better. Belly a little smaller.

Weight only 3-4 pounds down, but now it is stably, and very slowly, but progressing in the right direction.

Eating habits: I eat less. Take almost no wheat, no pastry, no unhealthy bread (only slow-carb special bread and brown rice + grains extruded crackers). Most snacks are dried fruit (dates, apricots, giant raisins). Any meat + vegetable stews, fruit feels good.
I also take some protein powder with rice, oat or almond milk.
Milk intake reduced. Sugar also not much.
I do drink some alcohol, beer, cider or a bit of wine.
Still to change: late evening eating. Should try to not eat after 18-19 PM.

At least 3 people commented that I must have lost weight, or that my figure looks better. Now that is progress, worth to continue
Impressive workout log and great progress so far. Your seem to be cleaning your diet up pretty well too.

Long may it continue, you can do it!
Old 06-27-2012, 06:03 AM

Pfffff....

I just finished TT MRT 2.1 workout A, my heartrate is up, I feel the turbulence
Thanks Craig for this new workout.

DB Weights: 9 kg

That Total Body extension finisher is a killer! It WAS hard, I had to take a little break.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Pfffff....

I just finished TT MRT 2.1 workout A, my heartrate is up, I feel the turbulence
Thanks Craig for this new workout.

DB Weights: 9 kg

That Total Body extension finisher is a killer! It WAS hard, I had to take a little break.
And do people look at you a little funny on the TBE's???////////// It's like "whats he doing? He isn't leaving the ground", but ya, that one will get your HR up, too.......Good times............Rob
Old 06-27-2012, 09:00 AM

Haha, I can imagine it looks funny! Though I also tried to leave the ground, and jump up a few times, it was also good! Feeling great afterburn. I want more TT MRT. Though to start the workout was hard, I started once yesterday and only got to the end of the warmup
Old 06-27-2012, 10:04 AM

Gotta run........searched u tube real quick..........here is a band pull...good for the rotator cuffs/shoulder warmup..........Rob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR-r8x3J4rU
Old 06-28-2012, 10:26 AM

Workout journal:

Sun June 24
Bodyweight warmup set 2x, then a 5 min TT challenge: DB swings + mountain climbers
Horse riding 1 hour (this is light activity)

Mon - 25 June - day off (day skipped? I have sore leg muscles...)

Tue - 26 June - day off, the real one

Wed - 27 June - TT MRT 2.1 workout with the finisher! Great!!
Some biking.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:20 AM

Keep up the great work Ariane! Concetta
Old 06-28-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Workout journal:

Sun June 24
Bodyweight warmup set 2x, then a 5 min TT challenge: DB swings + mountain climbers
Horse riding 1 hour (this is light activity)

Mon - 25 June - day off (day skipped? I have sore leg muscles...)

Tue - 26 June - day off, the real one

Wed - 27 June - TT MRT 2.1 workout with the finisher! Great!!
Some biking.
Keep right at it, Ariane!!!!
Old 06-30-2012, 06:39 AM

Wow, this week I started to go for it!

Thu - 28 June - 11 km riding out, including 2,5 km interval sprints (off the horse of course), running really hard for about 45-60 sec, then a little walk, then again sprinting. 7 intervals in total!

Unfortunately I made the mistake of drinking a glass of beer not long after the workout - and it was really not a good idea, next morning I woke up with a headache. Not sure how it affected or what, but now I know, it is not good to take alcohol after a hard workout.

Fri - 29 June - I went to the local gym, because they had a very good promo video on their website for TRX workouts. This was my first TRX.
The trainer lady was very professional (and had an awesome looking worked out body).
She was tough on correcting any posture or position errors - I need to go sometimes to a private session as I might do some exercises incorrectly.

The great surprise was that the latest, most effective workouts are available already in my area! The TRX workout was totally by the TT rules. Bodyweight warmup, then 3-4 exercises in a batch, repeated 2-3 times, total of 3 series, then some streching.

Only the finisher was missing!

The good news was that I could follow the whole TRX lesson for first time. But some exercises are harder on TRX than on a SB. For example, ab pike. At least I got the idea that I still have long way to go!

Ouch, my shoulder and neck muscles got real tight, it gives a headache, try to do shoulder streches and mobility exercises... Unfortunaltely when it all starts cramping up, it takes a couple of days to relax, and I suffer a bit. Or I should go to get a massage!
Today it is very very hot, planning to swim on a lake...

Do well, girls and guys, and don't give up!