TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 14th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2012, 09:53 AM

I took pictures yesterday and will eventually put them up, hopefully this weekend. I may put my old pictures up just for extra motivation. I weighed in yesterday at 187.2. i'd really like to weigh about 190, so I'll aim at burning fat, and building muscle. I am going later to use a different scale that measures your body fat. I don't 100% buy into these, but it will give me a bench mark to work with. I am not a fan of going to the gym at all so I will be doing all my workouts at my house. I have 2 sets of dumbells (20's & 30's), 2 different size stability balls, a spin bike, a mountain bike, a pool, and a big yard that needs a lot of work. So that is what I will be working with. As of right now I really think that I will be doing the Original TT workout for phase 2. It's simple in terms of structure, and it has a lot of movements I'm excited to do. There is a lot of workouts I want to try but I just don't have some of the things here to do them (nothing to do pull-ups unless I do them off of a tree branch). I really REALLY want to stick exactly to the workout I am doing as much as I can. Last contest I was all over the place.

Eating is definatley going to be a challenge, I eat pretty good during the day while I'm home but when I go to work in the afternoon and get home later on that's where it goes down hill. I have to hit the grocery store this weekend and stock up on healthy snacks. But for now it's just get through this week.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:10 PM

Default Days 2-4

So on Wed, I rode my spin bike for 20 min in an interval fashion, just not all out. Yesterday I took off because my knees were hurting pretty good. I did some yard work for a bit, so I was active. I also walk at LEAST 5-6 miles every night at work, so I'm always moving. Not that that is a substitute, it's more of a bonus. Today I did intro B body weight and it was good, upped a few of the reps/planks. The muscle memory is there, but the "Beginning workout soreness" is too. I had to skip the intervals today but I did mow my front lawn and it took about 40-50 min. I have a self propelled push mower but I shut the self propel off and pushed that thing at a brisk walk/slow jog and I was drenched at the end.

It's been nice where I live for the last 3 or so days, but we are coming off 5ish days of rain. So I have to catch up/maintain a lot of yardwork that is why I am trying to combine that and the workouts. I don't want to make a habit out of this but it is what it is right now. Also I'd rather start out slow and work up to harder workouts than run right out of the gate and get injured. I get major MAJOR resentment when I've hurt myself working out in the past. You just get put on hold for god only knows how long. Past few days have been 60/40 eating bad/good, but I am doing a much better job of it today.

Tomorrow I am aiming at doing workout A again + the intervals, take Sunday off, maybe hike, and get into a Monday, Wed, Friday routine, which is right where I want to be. I have a feeling I've actually gained a pound or two in the last few days so I'm going to weigh myself again soon. Something I'm not going to do every day, maybe just on mondays. That's it for now.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:44 PM

Default Days 5-7

SATURDAY 6-2
Did intro workout A, plus the intervals on my spin bike, good quick little workout. Ate pretty decent today, but not enough , I had a big breq, more of a snack for lunch and a pretty good sized dinner.

SUNDAY 6-3
No workout today, but I did run the mower and weed wacker for close to 4 total hours so the activity was there, my hands are still vibrating. Pretty good eating today, skipped the hotdogs on the grill and went for the burger, no condiments, no bun so that was a small victory.

MONDAY 6-4
Did workout B today of intro bodyweight + spin intervals. Love the spin bike. I really want to start having fun with the intervals and find some different things to do, think I may try kettle bell swings later in the week, so if anybody has done these and can shoot a little advice my way I would really appreciate it!!

Going to stay active thru the week, finish out this introductory phase, probably take the weekend off to rest up as I have to work all weekend. Get my mind ready for the next phase.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerdano View Post
SATURDAY 6-2
Did intro workout A, plus the intervals on my spin bike, good quick little workout. Ate pretty decent today, but not enough , I had a big breq, more of a snack for lunch and a pretty good sized dinner.

SUNDAY 6-3
No workout today, but I did run the mower and weed wacker for close to 4 total hours so the activity was there, my hands are still vibrating. Pretty good eating today, skipped the hotdogs on the grill and went for the burger, no condiments, no bun so that was a small victory.

MONDAY 6-4
Did workout B today of intro bodyweight + spin intervals. Love the spin bike. I really want to start having fun with the intervals and find some different things to do, think I may try kettle bell swings later in the week, so if anybody has done these and can shoot a little advice my way I would really appreciate it!!

Going to stay active thru the week, finish out this introductory phase, probably take the weekend off to rest up as I have to work all weekend. Get my mind ready for the next phase.
Sounds like a plan, dano, and having a plan is half the battle!!!!
Old 06-11-2012, 01:16 AM

Default Days 8-13

Hit all my workouts this week, upped the reps on every exercise which made me happy. I ate pretty good thru the week, I haven't been very good in the past about eating a good breakfast which I've really been trying to work on. I read a small article about how to make a 3 egg omelet in a coffee cup in the microwave, it takes a minute and a half and it's a GREAT quick way to start your day.

I also have been bad at not bringing my dinner to work which isn't good for the belly as we usually order out every night, and not good for the wallet either. I happily brought my dinner and healthier snacks to get thru my shift all 5 nights last week so I was SUPER happy about that. I did cheat and order out tonight but I didn't let that bother me.

I did have to double up on workouts last week which I don't like to do, so I took today and tomorrow off and I am going to start the Original TT workout Tuesday, pretty excited about that. My goals for this week are to just get thru the 1st week of this 4 week portion and do all the intervals on my spin bike and not deviate from that. Nutrition wise I only have 4 things to say,...LOTS of eggs, fish, avacados and spinach (and other greens). I've been sneaking in more fruits here and there, I find them a chore to eat unless I take a bunch and smash them all together in a smoothie so I'll start including those too, and I've started eating more almonds and yogurts as snacks at work. I am also going to try and get a little better at posting my exact workouts if for anything as a reference for myself.

After the 1st 2 weeks I have noticed a difference in my strength and my energy level. I feel better and I can tell my body is slowly starting to tighten up again in a good way. My knees feel better and I can hike further, longer uphill without stopping as much. I do not notice much of a difference in my physical appearance but if I remember last time I didn't really start noticing a difference till about the 4th week so I'm not too worried. I feel good and that is the important part. That's it for now!
Old 06-11-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Hit all my workouts this week, upped the reps on every exercise which made me happy. I ate pretty good thru the week, I haven't been very good in the past about eating a good breakfast which I've really been trying to work on. I read a small article about how to make a 3 egg omelet in a coffee cup in the microwave, it takes a minute and a half and it's a GREAT quick way to start your day.

I also have been bad at not bringing my dinner to work which isn't good for the belly as we usually order out every night, and not good for the wallet either. I happily brought my dinner and healthier snacks to get thru my shift all 5 nights last week so I was SUPER happy about that. I did cheat and order out tonight but I didn't let that bother me.

I did have to double up on workouts last week which I don't like to do, so I took today and tomorrow off and I am going to start the Original TT workout Tuesday, pretty excited about that. My goals for this week are to just get thru the 1st week of this 4 week portion and do all the intervals on my spin bike and not deviate from that. Nutrition wise I only have 4 things to say,...LOTS of eggs, fish, avacados and spinach (and other greens). I've been sneaking in more fruits here and there, I find them a chore to eat unless I take a bunch and smash them all together in a smoothie so I'll start including those too, and I've started eating more almonds and yogurts as snacks at work. I am also going to try and get a little better at posting my exact workouts if for anything as a reference for myself.

After the 1st 2 weeks I have noticed a difference in my strength and my energy level. I feel better and I can tell my body is slowly starting to tighten up again in a good way. My knees feel better and I can hike further, longer uphill without stopping as much. I do not notice much of a difference in my physical appearance but if I remember last time I didn't really start noticing a difference till about the 4th week so I'm not too worried. I feel good and that is the important part. That's it for now!
Looks like you are making good progress and already seeing the improvements. Best of luck with the challenge and reaching your goals.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:43 PM

Well I'm still here, although I was down for about 2 weeks after slipping on the steps and my back went out. I had a bit of trouble getting back into it after that and I've only been getting in about 2 workouts a week since. I'll be honest, the last contest I did was in the winter and staying on top of it was a lot easier than in the summer. It's a very busy time and hard to stay comitted to the workout portion. I have been staying a little mor active with hikes and bike rides and I have been eating real well. So I'll just keep plugging away and doing what I can, but keeping up on the good eating habits. Today is a day off going to try and get in a workout tomorrow, not to mention it's about 1000 degrees where I live lately and it's enough of a challenge trying to stay hydrated.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Well I'm still here, although I was down for about 2 weeks after slipping on the steps and my back went out. I had a bit of trouble getting back into it after that and I've only been getting in about 2 workouts a week since. I'll be honest, the last contest I did was in the winter and staying on top of it was a lot easier than in the summer. It's a very busy time and hard to stay comitted to the workout portion. I have been staying a little mor active with hikes and bike rides and I have been eating real well. So I'll just keep plugging away and doing what I can, but keeping up on the good eating habits. Today is a day off going to try and get in a workout tomorrow, not to mention it's about 1000 degrees where I live lately and it's enough of a challenge trying to stay hydrated.
So sorry to hear about your back. I had the same issue on my first contest and it screwed me up pretty good. If your doc cleared you to exercise stick with it. I just bailed on the contest when I should have eaten cleaner and workout out when/how I could. Diet is 80+% of this so do what you can.

Yes, summers are hard and eating out will kill you. Hang in there and keep at it.

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Old 07-18-2012, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Hoping your back gets better soon. It's great that you're nailing the nutrition, whcih will make a huge difference.

After all abs are made in the kitchen
Old 07-18-2012, 06:38 AM

Great to see you again!

Yes, it is challenging in the summer, and the heat is not making it easier on most of us.
But there is still a month to go, so we can still get a lot out of this contest.

Do well, and keep us posted!