TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 8th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2010, 10:11 AM

Major congratulations are once again in order! :-)
Old 08-26-2010, 11:14 AM

Way to go girl! Have you joined a modeling agency yet?
"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

3rd Place TC8 5-week mini contest!
1st Place TC8 12-week contest Under 40 Division!
Old 08-26-2010, 12:06 PM

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spend it wisely
Old 08-26-2010, 07:08 PM

Hee hee hee on the modeling agency! I live in a small town so not much opportunity for that sort of work! A friend of mine thought I was going to do body building competitions. That is too hard; you are basically posing constantly. I was sweating my guts out posing for my pix but I got to relax between shots. It's a lot of work.

Thank you all for the sweet messages! I am so jazzed. And perhaps boring on plans. I'm really wanting to do some work on my kitchen and this would not quite stretch to cover it but maybe if I can find the things I need at super clearance somewhere and do all the work myself. Well, that is Plan A. Plan B is to take a 3 day road trip. Plan C is to buy a fall/winter wardrobe in my size. This shrinking from a size 12 to a size 2 lark gets expensive! No decisions yet.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 08-26-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesium0122 View Post
Congratulations Naomi! My daughter (she is 3) made sure I voted for "that pretty lady"!
Aw!
My 6yo has made me promise to always look like this.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 08-26-2010, 07:27 PM

Congrats Naomi! You did a great job!!!!!!

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride- and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high- but so are the rewards." ~ PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

My Fitday Journal
Old 08-26-2010, 10:00 PM

Congratulations Naomi, wonderful job.....You deserve your win, all the hard work and the inspiring way you helped others with their transformations.........

Cheers
Ma
Old 08-26-2010, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma View Post
Congratulations Naomi, wonderful job.....You deserve your win, all the hard work and the inspiring way you helped others with their transformations.........

Cheers
Ma
Thanks, Ma! Trying to get friends to sign up. Another one did today.

Today's workout was FPFL. There are 4 types of workouts in this program: lactic acid, density, strength, and something else. You do one of each per week. I think this was lactic acid but I forget and don't wanna bring up my spreadsheet now. The thing that's cool/wonky about this particular workout is the timing. For example, the squats were 1 second down, 3 seconds up. The lunges were like that too. Boy, is that a hard way to do lunges. By the third time thru, I was really struggling to get to end. It was walking lunges, just 12 reps each leg and I only had 15 pound weights but I was dragging!

And the last superset was too much for me. I am really going to have to work on abs. One of the exercises was a hanging leg raise. I could not do this even one time with straight legs and it was supposed to be 2 seconds up, 2 down. I did knee ups. I sure hope that was close enough. And even so, I had to take a few breaks before getting to 10 reps. So yeah, a really weak point for me, obviously. I was already thinking that an abs workout would be on the agenda for the next TT workout. I am thinking I need to really push the abs stuff more. So if a plank is 30 seconds, I need to do at least a minute.

I just found out my gym has a kind of ab roller thingy behind the desk today so I used that a little. That would be easier if my shoulder wasn't still bothering me! Still can barely do one single pushup and it's been ages. I am now waiting for someone to get back from a week long zumba convention so she can work on my shoulder. She comes highly recommended and it's really time to start paying attention to getting this healed.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 08-27-2010, 10:05 AM

Congratulations, Naomi! You deserve it for all the hard work you did! I showed my mom and sister your before and after pictures-trying to get them all doing strength training regularly-such an inspiration to see such great results in such a short period of time! I know you will have continued success with fitness and health in contest #9!

You can't out-train a bad diet.

To get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.

I've been at this a while-all last year in fact!

Contest #7 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8167
Contest #8 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8904
Contest #9 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9480
Old 08-27-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestme View Post
Hee hee hee on the modeling agency! I live in a small town so not much opportunity for that sort of work! A friend of mine thought I was going to do body building competitions. That is too hard; you are basically posing constantly. I was sweating my guts out posing for my pix but I got to relax between shots. It's a lot of work.

Thank you all for the sweet messages! I am so jazzed. And perhaps boring on plans. I'm really wanting to do some work on my kitchen and this would not quite stretch to cover it but maybe if I can find the things I need at super clearance somewhere and do all the work myself. Well, that is Plan A. Plan B is to take a 3 day road trip. Plan C is to buy a fall/winter wardrobe in my size. This shrinking from a size 12 to a size 2 lark gets expensive! No decisions yet.
I vote Plan C!