TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 23rd Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2015, 02:04 PM

Default Over 40 Posse

If my home girls are in, so am I.

I don't really fit into a category at this point. I don't have enough left to lose to win any constests and I'm still an amateur. I do need some motivation to make this the first ever move where I don't transform into Jabba the Hutt, though.

A couple things:
1. I was recently talking to a girl at the Y. She's 23 I think and the only person under 70 that I talk to on a regular basis. She reminds me of me, kind of a curmudgeon before her time. Anyway we were talking about our booties. She said, "You should enter a fitness competition." After I stopped laughing, she said, "Really. You could do it. There is a lot of money to be made for the over forty moms. They have the hardship factor going for them and their stories are interesting."(she has no idea!) I have no intention of entering an old lady fitness competition(I may work on my Blue Steel just in case though), but it did make me think. I want to get into great shape for my business. What if I pretended that I was training for a competition? So I'll be doing the "From Flabby Mom of Four to Fitness Competitor after Forty Three" competition. (44 would have sounded better, but I ain't giving myself another year!)

2.I have a personal goal of doing 40 continuous push-ups with perfect form.(currently can do 21 before form breaks down)

3. I am doing the H-reset diet.(I'm sick of thinking and talking about H's!)

4.I am on week four of Jacked up Booty for wife(the workout isn't jacked up. It's great. I just decided that I was past the beginner phase so upped the reps and sets a bit)

5. Family goals:1.Read to the little boys every morning. We just started Watership Down. It was a Christmas present from me to them. 2.Hug and tell my older son that I love him every day even when I don't feel like it. "Feelings can be powerful liars."(read that today)

6.A lot of this challenge will be done in transit, so I'll need some Trx/KB stuff to do at rest areas and hotels.

I'll post my starting stats tonight or tomorrow. I'll post my workout, diet and family victories here. I'll keep the goofiness to a minimum. (i'll try)
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17

Last edited by LeslieM : 04-27-2015 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:27 PM

The "H's"
Ah,yes. I will be glad when it's over.
I am actually doing pretty good with the no red meat.Saturday I missed it,my studio is across the street from restaurant and Saturday morning I smelled bacon heavy getting out of my car. I thought I was in heaven for a second....
I have tried turkey bacon...it's just not real bacon! So I will wait we are 1/3 of the way through. The aroma will just have to be enough for now.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:51 PM

The diet has been doable so far..but ask me again after Wednesday! (maybe you shouldn't ask!) It's the talking about hormones constantly that I'm tiring of!
I'd rather talk about fun stuff!
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 04-28-2015, 05:03 AM

My H homies!!! Yeah, I hear ya. Let's just smile and play nice because...

Wednesday is coming!!!

And Leslie, you should be the hot over 40+ mama, even if it's just for yourself and your business, not the stage. (But I bet once you're in that kind of shape you'll be donning little clear plastic stilettos for the fun of it...)
Old 04-28-2015, 09:16 AM

Lord have mercy. I forgot about those goofy shoes! So in addition to getting in amazing shape, I'd also have to schedule a pedicure, turn myself orange and I imagine wax everything except my head! This does not sound like something I would enjoy! Except the pedicure part. I can do that for the cause.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
Hey Concetta..What are you going to be using for the contest? Just curious.
Also..I keep forgetting to tell you this. Anytime I meet someone for New Jersey, I like to tell them that Jersey was one of our best family vacations ever. Jersey gets a bad rap sometimes. I thought it was awesome. We went twice. The first time was Cape May. The second time was Wildwood. We had a great time. Before that I'd only ever been to Newark on my way into the city. I was pleasantly surprised by the shore.
Fairly certain I will start with Chris Lopezs 280 Swing Depletion. Liking the KBs right now.
NJ isn't a bad place and you were in some of the nicest.
Old 04-28-2015, 04:24 PM

Default Opening Day of Spring Training

Stats:

Weight:127.2
Shoulders:16"
Chest(right across the nipples)(I'm immature):36 "
Waist:26"
Hips:35"
Upper Thigh(just below the crotch)(isn't that a pretty word) 21" on both

I will take a picture later. Another trainer has bootcamp in the hood on Tues. I'm going to check it out and then take my picture lookin' like a hot mess so my after picture looks better!
Old 04-29-2015, 02:06 PM

Default 4/28/15

Yesterday was my day 1 and it went pretty good on the diet and exercise front. It was the last day of no fruit(fructose) which is supposed to reset Leptin. I workied on my perfect push-ups, went for a walk, biked through Japan's Kyushu Island and attended a bootcamp in my neighborhood. She did it on concrete. No bueno.

My boys asked to press pause on Watership Down because they had to finish a book for school by today. We'll get that going again tomorrow.

I did not hug and tell my oldest son that I loved him yesterday. I don't know why. I have to take him to the dentist today so we'll spend lots of time together. He is having a root canal.

Today is the start of no caffeine. I may need to go live in the woods for a few days. I did take an Alleve so I would not have a headache. I'm not sure if taking one drug to counter the affects of not taking another drug is the best choice, but I have a root canal patient to care for today. I am a crappy nurse under the best of circumstances, trying to be compasssionate while in detox seemed like a recipe for childhood trauma. On a positive note, I did not chase my painkillers with booze as my ancestors have done for generations. We are making progress, I think.

I did have to go back to bed for a couple of hours after the kids went to school. I'm not working today so I will get my bootcamp workout together for tomorrow, working on house stuff for the renters and prep the sides for my off the chain fish tacos.(I won't be having tortillas!) I'll get my TT workout in later after my personal training client.

Last edited by LeslieM : 04-29-2015 at 02:10 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:57 AM

Congrats on not slamming a shot of Jack on top of the Aleve

Let me just weigh in here on the no caffeine reset... It's the WORST ONE YET BY FAR!!!

I had already gotten down to one cup of tea per day, but after having years of caffeine every single day without fail, I know my brain was searching for a hit.

I didn't get a headache, but my energy was in the toilet and I felt depressed and discouraged. I know caffeine is an anti-depressant, so I am not totally surprised.

I remedied that at about 4:00 and watched an hour of Seinfeld while working out. The perfect medicine!!! I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes.

Tomorrow will be a better day....
Old 04-30-2015, 03:41 AM

Great minds think alike! I watched Seinfeld while working on a project!