TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 23rd Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2015, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Last night I had a well-earned, post-deadlift, awesome buffalo rib-eye steak at @EDGEsteakhouse in Denver...I've had it many times, but last night's was the best. Going back Sunday. It's going to be way too busy in there today because of the Kentucky Derby party.

I followed up that dinner with a morning Maximus Meathead bodyweight session in the hotel gym.

1A) Maximus Pushups - 5 sets
1B) Pullups - 5 sets
1C) Cable Abs - 5 sets

2A) Close-Grip Pushups - 5 sets
2B) Chin-Ups - 5 sets

Totally pumped. Here are the Maximus pushups...STRICT.

=> http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/ho...erfect-pushups

Tomorrow and Monday are off, and then a final squat workout before I leave Denver for the week and head to San Diego. There will be deadlifting on Friday morning at Fit Athletic, my 2nd favorite gym in America.

Here's today's Kickbutt Mindset Conversation:

I was recently interviewed by my friend Jay for his groundbreaking podcast...we talked about dealing with criticism...enjoy this candid conversation.

Jason: And if you’re going to do anything, you need thick skin, right?

Craig: Yes, you can try and avoid criticism as much as possible but it’s difficult to avoid all of it. So you do need to have thick skin and realize that everyone’s hater has the same name, “Anonymous.” Everybody who makes fun of Justin Bieber, if they saw Justin Bieber would try and get in a photo with Justin Bieber.

Jason: Of course, they would.

Craig: Most people wouldn’t even mouth him off to his face.

Jason: Did you ever see that thing that Jimmy Fallon did with Robinson Cano when he left the Yankees and went to Seattle?

Craig: No.

Jason: So they had a billboard of him in New York and they had people mouthing off to Cano saying, “You scumbag,” “You sellout,” “You left New York.” And then Cano came out from behind it and they just hugged him and took a picture with him. That’s a good example.

Craig: Oh, yeah. Well, that’s exactly it. That’s great. No one ever walks up to me in these seminars and says, “You’re such a jerk for saying don’t do cardio.” No one’s ever said that but I know there are websites online, blog posts and even like a few deranged people have like full on websites devoted to hating me. But there are hate sites to websites.

Jason: I have a couple of those.

Craig: Yeah, I think it’s ridiculous. What do you think is the best biggest idea in the last 15 years in the book world?

Jason: The best biggest idea in the book world?

Craig: Yeah, so book title that’s the biggest idea. We know the guy.

Jason: Drawing a blank.

Craig: Tim! Tim, 4-Hour Workweek.

Jason: Of course. Right Sure.

Craig: So 4-Hour Workweek is the best big idea.

Jason: Yup, without a doubt.

Craig: Half of his success of that book had to be from the name and half of it from his incredible perseverance of promoting it—he did so much—and then half of it from the content inside so those three halves.

Jason: And he’s got a ton of haters, too.

Craig: Yeah, and again those guys, especially Tim’s haters, I bet you those guys would love him even more. I think it was Sigmund Freud who said that we hate people because of what we see in them that reminds us of ourselves so I think people are just jealous of Tim because they want to be in Tim’s shoes so bad. That’s why he gets so much hate because people want to be him so much. Yeah, they would really be in his fan club more than any haters of anybody.

Jason: Yeah, absolutely. So let’s talk about you personally. What was a big business breakthrough for you? We talked about when you hired your first coach. Maybe some of that we haven’t discussed yet, maybe the last few years.

Click here for the rest of the interview
=> http://www.earlytorise.com/craig-bal...son-ferruggia/)

Be a lifter not a hater,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
Old 05-04-2015, 12:22 PM
Administrator

C'mon, let's go. LAST day!

Yep, it's the Last Day to Enter the 23rd TT Transformation Contest!

Win MY money by transforming your body in just 12 weeks.

Here's how...

The 23rd 12-Week TT Transformation Contest has now started

- http://turbulencetrainingcontest.com/rules.shtml
  • Grand Prize of $1000 plus a 3-Year Platinum TT Membership
  • 2nd Place Prize of $500 plus a 2-Year Platinum Membership
  • 3rd Place Prize of $250 plus a 1-Year Platinum TT Membership
Click here to see last contests winners and the rules page with more contest details: http://turbulencetrainingcontest.com/

Get started TODAY!

My Deadlift transformation continues...

I wasn't sore from Friday's deadlift workout and I did a short upper body workout today.

1A) Max Perfect Pushups at a 1-1-1-1 tempo: 26 <= new record
1B) Pullups
1C) Max Rocking Plank = 85 <= new record

2A) DB Shoulder Press - 4 sets
2B) DB Chest-Supported Row - 4 sets

Tomorrow is a heavy squat day at 5am MST and then I'm off to the airport to fly to San Diego. I'll be there with 45 personal trainers at our Mastermind Meetings this week. This means I'll get a couple of workouts in at Fit Athletic, my 2nd favorite gym in America (behind Powerhouse in Tampa).

I'll deadlift on Friday or Saturday morning.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
Don’t get wrapped up in other people’s drama. Don’t worry about what other people are doing. Don't get caught up in idle gossip or celebrity worship. It doesn’t matter who’s dating who, who’s getting paid what, who's going to win the game or fight (that you're not in), or what the weather is like halfway across the country. Who cares? It doesn’t matter anyway. You cannot control that – don’t waste energy worrying about it or comparing your life to others.

FOCUS on what matters. All that you control are your own thoughts, words, and deeds. Control what you can, cope with what you can’t, and concentrate on what counts. Make the right decisions, right now, for the right outcome for your right life.

Stay strong and push on towards your goals and towards making a better life for your family. You can do it. I believe in YOU.

Let's go.

Focus,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Old 05-04-2015, 12:50 PM

If you can do 26, then I am obviously not doing them right! One more thing to have checked i guess.
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 05-05-2015, 07:45 PM
Administrator

This morning I had a 10-minute conversation with a sweet little old lady from New Orleans. She was in front of me in the security line at the Denver airport. She just started traveling a year ago after her husband passed away and I helped walk her through the security rigamarole.

But she so cute because she had her boarding pass on her iphone, although she didn't know what to do with it when she got to passport check. I went through after her and the TSA agent, as she stamped my old school printed ticket, joked about how cute it was to see the older generation using technology. I whipped out my 7-year old blackberry and said, "yeah, I'm still using this old thing", and she laughed.

Then I told the nice lady from Louisiana that we (at EarlyToRise.com) just hired a nice young man from New Orleans. She asked me about our business, and within a minute was on our site and signing up for the newsletter, and laughing at our hot topic article, "So Now Kale is Bad for You." Read it here: http://www.earlytorise.com/so-now-kale-is-bad-for-you/

Before the airport I hit the gym for a 5am squat workout. That went down at the Colorado Athletic Club. It has a solid weight room with a couple of squat racks and kettlebells up to 80 pounds. Today's session...

1A) Squat
1B) High Box Jump

2A) Good Morning
2B) Front Squat

Done. 45 minutes in the weight room then a quick breakfast and off on my adventures. I'll be in San Diego till Sunday, then Denver for a couple of days, then back to Toronto, then down to Manhattan, and finally home to the farm on Sunday the 18th of May.

Next deadlift session is on Friday morning at Fit Athletic in SD.

Everything is going to be okay. No matter how dark the days, no matter how deep the current dip, you are on the way up and out of it. Every step taken in the right direction, no matter how small, moves you back on track towards better days. Never give up on scratching, clawing, and fighting for each inch. An inch turns into a foot, a shuffle turns into a sprint, and you’ll get closer to your big dreams and goals with a Never-Quit attitude.

It won’t be easy. But you can do it. Lean on your social support, take action on your mentor’s advice, do the most important things for your life first thing in the morning before anyone interrupts your day, and progress will be yours. With progress comes momentum, with momentum comes optimism, with optimism comes more action, and so the virtuous cycle goes.

Take that first step in the right direction, right now. It doesn’t have to be big, it just has to be made. Let’s go.

You can – and WILL do this – I believe in YOU.

Do this,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Old 05-05-2015, 10:36 PM

That was very kind(and gentlemanly) of you to help a sweet, older southern lady at the airport. I would bet a lot of money that she called you honey at least once!
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 05-06-2015, 10:33 AM
Administrator

He, who plans the transactions of the day, and follows that plan, carries a thread that will guide him through a labyrinth of the most busy life,” said Victor Hugo. Script your day as much as possible so you can leave work on time, without phone calls, meetings, or repetitively email checking keeping you working late into the night.

Plan your work and work your plan, as a mentor of mine, Nido Qubein, said.

Have a plan for your meals and a plan for your workouts.

Today I planned to hit Fit Athletic before a busy day of coaching calls and teaching at a 1-day Mastermind in San Diego.

The upper body modified meathead program went like this:

(warmup)
1A) WYLIT
1B) Pushups

2A) Bench
2B) T-Bar Row (great pump!)

3A) Incline Bench
3B) Pullups

4A) Dips
4B) BB Curls (at the bench press, not in the squat rack)

45 minutes. Good times.

Two days off and then back in for Deadlifts later this week...that's the focus of the next 12 weeks for my 23rd TT Transformation Contest.

Now for calls and then breakfast with Breadros.

To win your day, be prepared with a battle plan. To control your diet, plan, shop, and prepare your food. To own your mornings, do the first things first and don’t let anyone get in your way. It is all within your control. Leave nothing up to others. Identify every obstacle in your way and create two solutions for each. Always be prepared. Know who you can contact for support in times of trouble. Know what you must do. Know what you can do. And then have the will to do it. Success is our responsibility. It lives and dies with us. No one else can – or will – do the work for us. If it is to be, it’s up to me. <= #truth … Never give up on what is important to you. You will achieve it. Know that you can. Know that you will. And be prepared for everything.

Get planning and prepping,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Old 05-06-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
great rules and determination...going to make 2016 TT Summit extra, Extra, EXTRA special for you! craig
Many thanks Craig. More motivation is never bad for me. Feeling the pressure. Time for action. Concetta
Old 05-08-2015, 04:33 PM
Administrator

Recovery day. Hanging out with Bedros, Roman, Shawna, Mikey, AJ Roberts, and David Sinick down in San Diego. Ate some nice steak last night at Nobu.

Wagyu beef on the hot stone at Nobu.

Tomorrow we deadlift! Tonight we dine!

Persist. Stay strong. Stick to your plan 90% of the time and savor the 10% sweet spots. Plan proactively. Live long-term. Track what works and do more of it. The more structure you put in your life, the more freedom you will win. And if you stumble, never quit. Get back up and keep on pushing on.

Stay strong,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Old 05-09-2015, 12:31 PM
Administrator

I'm a sucker for steaks and training at Fit Athletic in San Diego. If there is a rib-eye on the menu, I'm ordering it. And that's what was on the menu last night at McCormick and Schmick's in SD. Good times.

That got me well-fed for today's deadlift workout at Fit Athletic. Here's how that session went down.

1A) Hang Clean
1B) Repeated Vertical Jumps

2A) Deadlift
2B) Pull-up Hang Hold (to lengthen spine between 2 compressive exercises)
2C) Military Press

3) KB Swings New PB: 53lbs x 45 swings

4) RDL

Yesterday I was teaching 50+ successful personal trainers in San Diego and hanging with my good friends, John Romaniello and AJ Roberts...made me think of this success quote:

"The only one that stops you is YOU. I know what you are capable of...I know you have won in the past...and I know you will win again...I know the obstacles in your way stand NO chance against YOU...because I know that you know what matters...and we know that you know you will never give up on going for it...You will stay strong...You will push on...Your time is now...this chance for CHANGE belongs to YOU."

Stop waiting. Success begins and ends with your personal responsibility. Success lives and dies with you and your ability to take action. Identify what needs to be done and do it today. Do more of what works and less of what doesn’t. Say No more often. Say YES to Focus. Say NO to other people’s drama. You deserve better. Stay strong and NEVER, ever give up on what is important to you.

Push on,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Old 05-11-2015, 01:57 PM
Administrator

Saturday morning was the last workout for my recent 4-week program. That means this week is mostly bodyweight training and some future TT-program experimentation. That works out nicely because I have a couple of travel days this week.

Yesterday I flew from sunny San Diego to snowy Denver for Mother's Day. No workout. This morning I did an upper body hotel gym workout at the JW Marriott. The gym is nice, but not like the Austin JW Marriott. It has a cable stack with multi-grip pullup bars, cardio stuff, and dumbbells to 50 pounds. It also had the biggest fruit selection of any hotel gym I've used - bananas, apples, and oranges. Very nice, I like!

I did a bunch of exercises at moderate intensity, but managed to hit one personal best of 27 Maximus Pushups. These are 1 second down, 1 second pause at bottom, 1 second press up, and 1 second pause at top. So that was 108 seconds of pushups in one set. I did a total of 105 maximus pushups in the entire workout. Additional exercises included Pullups, Face Pulls, Cable Abs, 1-Arm Cable Chest Presses, and pressdowns.

Tomorrow morning is an early flight back to Toronto. I'll be there for 48 hours before heading down to NYC. And on Friday, a friend and I are running our annual "jog through Central Park". You can't go to NYC and not run through the park...we're going 40 minutes to celebrate our 40th birthdays.

It won't be until Sunday that I get back to the farm when I can settle into my morning routine again. Check my daily routine here:
=> http://www.earlytorise.com/my-daily-routine-for-2015/

Control what you can, cope with what you can’t, and concentrate on what counts. Make the right decisions, right now, for the right outcome for your right life. Stay strong and push on towards your goals and towards making a better life for your family. You can do it. I believe in YOU.

Push on,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT