TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 23rd Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2015, 01:52 PM

Default I'm in.

Ready to get this started!
Old 04-21-2015, 03:27 PM
Administrator

very soon the time will come!
Old 05-04-2015, 11:59 AM

Matt-Make sure you post over here. It's more fun with more people!

P.S. I've been going to the Y since I was 15! They gave us some kind of single parent discount and I paid for the membership out of my BBQ restaurant earning! I love what the Y does for communities. Thank you for being a part of that!
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 05-05-2015, 09:55 AM

The Y is a great organization, Leslie. We really are so much more than just a swim and a gym. As an example, this past Saturday I worked a little bit out at our Fun Family Ability Day, a celebration event for our Challenger program. Challenger is a sports & mentoring program for kids with special needs; each youth gets a buddy and there are some thousand+ of these relationships. A former KC Chiefs Quarterback, Trent Green, helped fund to build a sports complex for the kids, plus other donors have helped create an adapative playground for youth in wheelchairs, with walkers, etc. he supported not just because its a great cause, but also because one of his kids also has special needs.

Powerful stuff. That's just one of many things. I'm just a lower-middle management dude helping provide enrichment programs for 1,000+ youth & their families a week; I also work to help our entire association improve what we are doing to impact the 300,000+ youth in the KC area. We just had a huge STEM Family Fun Night last week at our center, with a local science museum coming out and doing a Tesla coil presentation, robotics team with their robot throwing balls around the building, etc. It was a blast!

So, "transforming" for me is helping me have more energy, be able to focus more, and be an example with all of these youth and their families plus my 30-member staff team; I'm right there sweating alongside them, making great food choices, etc. trying to encourage them to good choices as well.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:43 PM
Administrator

this is really great!
Old 05-05-2015, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrothaMannP11911 View Post
So, "transforming" for me is helping me have more energy, be able to focus more, and be an example with all of these youth and their families plus my 30-member staff team; I'm right there sweating alongside them, making great food choices, etc. trying to encourage them to good choices as well.
That is so well said Matt! I remember the Y being a safe haven for me as a teen.
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 05-07-2015, 11:02 AM

Default Blew It Last Night

We had Seis de Mayo meal last night at community group that meets from our church in our home. So much chips and dip, salsa, rotel cheese... my eyes were much bigger than my stomach and I devoured it all. No sweets, so +1 for that haha, but -50 for the binge eating.

I woke up this morning (like 4am) and felt horrible. I've been battling it all morning. Today was a planned fast day anyway and I. am. glad because I absolutely feel horrible and don't want to put any more food in my stomach.

I'm not off the horse. It was a bump in the road. Today is a new day. I've been doing great, feeling better, feeling active and having more energy than before. It's going great. The barriers keep trying to come up, the barriers that always keep me from breaking through and going to the next level.

Today is TT workout + some light swimming afterwards to stretch and move. Spent a bunch of time last night bouncing on the trampoline with my kiddos and tonight will be putting up the net with my dad to help keep them from flying off haha. So far, so good!

I didn't make this a written goal, but have been gradually waking up earlier and earlier. I'm at 5:30/6ish right now. The goal is 5-5:30. That way, I can get some time in the morning to get my side projects on, get a devotion in in the morning and enjoy the sunrise with a cup of homebrewed coffee.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:12 AM

Our roads may twist and bend, but we stay on the path. Small pothole. We will persevere. Concetta
Old 05-09-2015, 11:00 AM

Default I'm ready to slash tires, burn down buildings and eat a cupcake store.

Cut out all sugars, breads, etc. for a week to see the impact. I'm not seeing much measurement loss or weight loss, so now on to phase two of the diet transformation.

Day 2 is on right now....

Sweating for no reason, sounds are louder, lights are brighter, my eggs tasted so different today... having a minor headache, just annoyed with everyone. This really stinks as tonight is one of our monthly big kid programs with around 100 youth and 20 associates to manage through it UGH.

I understand cravings. I understand the science and why they exist, etc. this will be one of the first times ever that I've simply not given in to them. I can't. I won't this time. If it takes me writing 10 posts a day here, on Facebook, making a big deal around people that I'm getting the crap out of my life... I've got to do it. I can't be like this forever. It will either kill me early or ruin my lifestyle. People may get sick of me talking about sheet cake, how I can't eat their bread, how I am going to change... but I don't care. My wife is for me, my coworkers are mostly for me (ha!), that is all I need.

I want to be super competitive in this transformation contest, I want to lose the weight.
Old 05-12-2015, 11:43 AM

Default Kickin Butt And Takin Names

I'm knocking this eating habit change out of the park. I'm so stinking proud of myself. I'd say I'm batting .915. I grilled up some sweet potatoes on Sunday, along with our asparagus and chicken and ate half of the potato... we went to a Mexican restaurant and there was some cheese on the side with my meal that I ate...

I nibbled on the edge of one of my daughters' cookies the other night. What a sneak. I wanted to see if my tastes were changing. It was definitely a different level of sweet than before!

The short term diet change (started 3 weeks ago with less restriction, so this has been an easy change)...
no added sugar
no artificial sweeteners
no fruit
no breads, grains
no potatoes
no sodas, diet or otherwise
no dairy
Do this with 90% efficiency, or 19 out of 21 meals a week.

W am still doing a 12 hour overnight fast and will go back to either 16/8 or 2 24hours once this new eating lifestyle takes ahold. I enjoy a fasting lifestyle but wanted to make sure I could comfortably adopt this major sugar reduction focus easily.