TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 19th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2014, 05:49 AM
Administrator

great summary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
This is all great advice and I would certainly try these things to see what works for you.

Since I have established myself on a 16-hour fast each day (essentially, breakfast-skipping) for the past ~4 weeks, I consciously think (before I eat) in the evening about what time it is now and how that will impact the time I get to eat lunch the next day. With this technique, it keeps me from eating much, if anything, after dinner - if I want something it's within the 30 to 45 minutes after I eat and it's something small like others have suggested. Most often I just don't eat again after dinner. I like to eat my lunch starting at 11:30/12:00 so I need to be done eating in the evening by 7:30 or 8:00 at the latest to get my 16 hour fast in. Since we eat dinner beginning around 6 or 6:30, there's not much time for mindless eating or snacking between dinner and "time's up!".
Old 03-03-2014, 10:58 AM

Smile Transformation Update - 8 weeks done

Here is my monthly Transformation update.

I am now 8 weeks in and completed the TT 2.0 Advanced workout last week. I really enjoyed this particular workout segment except maybe for the brutal workout C, but even that got somewhat more bearable after 4 weeks. I am going into the home stretch with Mikey's Density Afterburn program which I will be starting this morning.

I actually did my weigh-in on Sunday morning because I knew I would be "indulging" at my friend's annual Oscar party and boy did I....still feeling full this morning. At any rate, I had much more success this month despite still having some nutritional "challenges". The scale showed me down 6 lbs which was satisfying. I also took another 1/2 inch off both my waist and hips (this was measured this morning so it is possible the bloat factor affected the numbers).

So I am hoping to finish strong in these last four weeks - tighten up the nutrition more and continue to power through and feel energized by my workouts. I would also like to be a little more consistent with including off-day activities - I tend to not do too much in that area (except for snowclearing!).

So here is to another 4 weeks of kick ass workouts and healthy eating to set me on the right path to a healthy, energetic, more awesome version of myself!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the World."
- - Mahatma Gandhi
Old 03-03-2014, 11:34 AM
Administrator

great work!
Old 03-04-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyks44 View Post
So here is to another 4 weeks of kick ass workouts and healthy eating to set me on the right path to a healthy, energetic, more awesome version of myself!
Great work Patty. These next four weeks will be monumental for you! Concetta
Old 03-09-2014, 09:54 PM

Smile Week 1 of Density Afterburn

I have completed the first week of Mike Whitfield's program "Density Afterburn". It is a challenging program, especially the evil Workout B! Lots of sweating and tired muscles after each workout. My abs are feeling it every time I sneeze or cough today as well. I am loving the challenge though and am working hard to finish these last 4 weeks strong.

My nutrition has been very good this week - much better and I am working real hard on the mental aspect. I have tried a few of the tricks suggested and so far, so good. It is important for me to remember that I am doing this for myself and I should respect and be good to my body.

We had more snow this week so more snow clearing, but now the weather is getting a little warmer so hopefully it will start going away! It will take a while though as there is a lot...one of the drifts in our yard is almost as tall as me.

Looking forward to another awesome week - I made myself some healthy snacks for the week so I am ready to rock it!

- - Mahatma Gandhi
Old 03-09-2014, 11:03 PM

Glad to hear things are going so well for you this past week! Keep up the strong mindset and the rest will follow. Here's to another awesome week!

Old 03-10-2014, 05:25 AM

Way to go, Patty!
Old 03-11-2014, 03:26 AM

Go Patty! You're a champ!
Old 03-11-2014, 04:45 AM
Administrator

great work on the training and prepping the nutrition. that's the key!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyks44 View Post
I have completed the first week of Mike Whitfield's program "Density Afterburn". It is a challenging program, especially the evil Workout B! Lots of sweating and tired muscles after each workout. My abs are feeling it every time I sneeze or cough today as well. I am loving the challenge though and am working hard to finish these last 4 weeks strong.

My nutrition has been very good this week - much better and I am working real hard on the mental aspect. I have tried a few of the tricks suggested and so far, so good. It is important for me to remember that I am doing this for myself and I should respect and be good to my body.

We had more snow this week so more snow clearing, but now the weather is getting a little warmer so hopefully it will start going away! It will take a while though as there is a lot...one of the drifts in our yard is almost as tall as me.

Looking forward to another awesome week - I made myself some healthy snacks for the week so I am ready to rock it!
Old 03-17-2014, 04:57 PM

Smile Week 2 of Density Afterburn

I had a great week on the Density Afterburn program. For Workouts A and B, I kept my weights the same and in all cases, I increased the number of rounds that I was about to perform in the same amount of time....that was awesome! I made a couple of adjustments to exercises subbing Total Body Extensions for Burpees (my Burpee ability is terrible and I felt it was hampering the overall Finisher) and I changed out Bulgarian Split Squats for regular Split Squats - the Bulgarian ones really throw my IT Band into a tizzy and my massage therapists insists that I cease and desist with them. For Workout C, I increased the weights for the first sets and saw just a slight decrease in rounds (1 less round of the SB Rollout). For the Bodyweight Frenzy part of the workout, I was able to achieve at least the same amount of reps for all but Total Body Extensions - I think that is because I reviewed Mike's video and realized that I was lifting my arms high enough so that might have reduced my reps. This week I will be increasing the weights for Workout A and B and keeping Workout C the same. Ready to take off on this week's workouts - loving the program and the enormous amount of sweat it produces

As for nutrition, not a bad week, but not a stellar week either. Getting my mindset back on track this week and going to work real hard these last 2 weeks of the transformation to finish strong and then carry on.

Hope everyone has a great week....til next time.

- - Mahatma Gandhi