TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2010, 06:13 PM

Thanks Nate, its a real dogfight!

I did the 2k6 A today. Going to do some ice skating for the intervals.

Today I went up in bench, increased reps in pull ups, increased weight on db incline press and db row. Did all set of 25 pushups and added reps on the delt raises. It may have been my best 2k6 a workout yet, and it was the one to finish it all off. I felt strong today, and it feels good to finish workout A with a bang.

After correcting how I was testing my BF with my calipers I realize that at the beginning 20% body fat might have been an understatement, but the total % lost is pretty much roughly the same. And my body fat level right now is about 12%. Weight is 180.4lbs. I still have till Saturday to reach my goal of 180 for the contest. I won't quite reach my ultimate goals during this contest but, as I continue to improve I continue to set new goals, demanding more from myself.

Time to work on a rough draft of my essay.

You cannot plow a field by turning it over in your mind.~Unknown
Old 12-11-2010, 09:39 PM

I had my last workout of the contest today after taking pictures. It was 2k6 b and I am definitely ready for a week off.

I had been thinking about celebrating tonight but we just got another 18 inches of snow give or take and the roads are horrible so I might just stay home and do that another day.

I posted my essay and photos, its been a great journey. 12 weeks, -24 lbs, -8% body fat (estimate,) and -15.75 inches gone. Confidence and quality of life gained. As well as a wealth of knew knowledge and habits. I'm going to be fit for life.

I would like to thank everyone who posted their encouragement and input here, it was greatly appreciated. I wish I could have spent more time posting in others threads.

When I start up again in a week I will be moving over to the workout journal section, I think I will participate in contest #10 as well. There are still goals to be met, and new ones to make.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:04 PM

Talking

just saw your entry. I'm stoked! well done that is absolutely impressive! You've done a great job and should be really proud of your accomplishments!

See you in 10!

"When we stop thinking and start doing we're energized. Procrastination drains us. Action makes us stronger!"
-Anonymous
Old 12-11-2010, 11:10 PM
Administrator

Jason, awesome work. Really proud of you and it is always great to see your input on the forums, thanks!
Old 12-12-2010, 04:26 PM

I knew your results would not disappoint, but they were truly fantastic. You look like a totally different- much younger person. It's been great following your kick ass transformation!
Old 12-12-2010, 04:51 PM

I was really looking forward to your photos and it's safe to say I wasn't disappointed
Old 12-12-2010, 06:39 PM

What a terrific Transformation......

I was so impressed with your visible results, can see the muscles in your calves, which were not in your before pics.....your arms and back also....

What was so nice was how you thanked your parents for their support. GREAT.......

Congratulations on a job well done..

Cheers
Ma
Old 12-13-2010, 09:32 PM

Thanks a lot everyone! I'm glad to say that I was dedicated for 12 weeks, heck even longer its been about 25 weeks now of fat loss. Starting at 225 this summer I was actually about 235 last winter. I have some photos I will post of my entire journey. The contest was my most productive period, and rightfully so.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:39 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
I was really looking forward to your photos and it's safe to say I wasn't disappointed
Can I 2nd that!! you are looking pretty good in those photos, reckon you will have those women chasing you for sure now - best practice your sprints !!

Great results Jason, and ice skating intervals, man they would be tough, well done on some fantastic results

Cheers for now Katie
Old 12-14-2010, 03:42 AM

Thanks Katie you did great too!

As promised here is the pics of my journey from my heaviest to my current state:

This is my largest weight, when I got my parents a bathroom scale for Christmas and realized I was 235 lbs and in seriously bad shape. I had been ignoring my body for the better part of 4-5 years and this was the end result before I started to do something about it.

This Picture is from July, I had lost 15 lbs over that winter playing hockey and eliminating my late night binge eating. In March I had wrist surgery and my discipline slipped a little I had gained 5 lbs back, so in this pick my weight was 225lbs. This was taken on the 4th of July weekend. Two days later is when I began getting back into TT and using fitday to keep track of my nutrition:

This is my before photo from contest number 9, it is also the midway point from when I started working out to my present state, its hard to notice the improvements but I had lost 20 lbs and 13+ total inches by this point. The results provided extra motivation to keep going and do well in this contest:

This is my after photo from contest number 9. I am down 45 lbs since the summer and 55 lbs overall from my heaviest weight last winter. I made the most dramatic progress these last 5 months and change, but it was really a year long process. It started with acknowledging that I had a problem, my doctors were not willing to tell me lol... Then I made subtle lifestyle changes for a while but gained some weight back and it wasn't enough to make a long term impact. When I started TT I decided to jump in head first, and really overhauled my lifestyle making some drastic changes right away like recording my calories and completely changing my diet. It doesn't work for everyone but it worked for me, to make such drastic changes so fast. So this is where I was at the end of contest number nine:

I've already lost another pound since its conclusion. I'm at 179 now. I'm happy with the progress I made this contest, but I'm more happy about where I have come since last year. Totally undisciplined nutrition, no exercising regularly, and considerably overweight to fit and healthy. Now that I am fit and healthy I will get leaner and stronger in further pursuit of my dream body.

Two years ago I remember saying "I could lose weight if I wanted to" trying to rationalize that I didn't want to be in better shape, but I was lying to myself. Well I guess when I really wanted to it wasn't so hard, and I really could lose the weight if I wanted to. This time I truly wanted to, and it happened.

Last edited by midwestj : 12-14-2010 at 03:53 AM.