TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 6th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2009, 12:40 AM

Yesterday I did have some raw nuts later - total for day was 1541 calories. not bad

1500 calories today.
yes, i like my veggies and fruit. but apparently, I should make sure I don't eat too many apples - too much pectin can have some negative effect? I need to look into that...

Workout:
42 minutes running.

Thanks for the feedback KittyR!

Thanks, Abby!

I will do some research on food scales. don't know if I'll buy local in stores on on-line?
Old 10-08-2009, 11:52 PM

Default Wed Oct 7

Yesterday (Wed):
Worked out in the evening due to different schedule.

Workout B, intermediate:
notes:
25 lbs for the warmup set (1)
35 lbs on each arm. That was hard.
30 sec planks

intervals: Treadmill.
level 5 12 min mile for rest periods of 2 min.
level 9 - 6:40 min mile. for running 1 min.
4 intervals.

1550 calories yesterday.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:55 PM

Default Th Oct 8

Nutrition: at 1440 calories a bit hungry...but doing ok

workout: first thing in morning - jogged easy pace. 42 minutes on the trail/cross the sidewalks

feel ok, I know I feel like my muscles worked yesterday, but they're not exactly sore.

Tomorrow is hectic. plan is to workout in evening and hope to get the workout in.

I'm so glad I'm still on track with nutrition (since last week and a half, that is...)
oh, and last night I weighed in at 143 lbs. down a bit.
my waist is down about 1 inch. Sometimes the measurements vary at different times of the day.

So just gotta keep going - wondering how it will be. I think it will be really hard to progress faster, but I want to. But I don't want to be extreme, because it will be harder to follow a more restrictive nutrition plan. So, I'm going to stick with my current plan and reevaluate at the end of October. But I'm still looking for a food scale...
Old 10-09-2009, 04:46 PM

Your plan sounds good. It does get hard sometimes to stay motivated after those first few initial weeks. I always think to myself though, that I might lose faster in the beginning, but the 1/2 pound or 1 pound losses later, seem to actually make more of a difference in my physique. They are usually all fat loss. So keep plugging away, you are doing great!

I just wanted to let you know, my food scale is an escali, I got it at Target, I think it was only $20. It's not super fancy, but it does everything that I need it to do.

Have a great weekend!

Abby
Old 10-10-2009, 02:45 AM

Ok, this is embarrassing. So I ate about 7 oz walnuts and 3 bananas last night, mindless and stressed out with all my work that I have to do by the end of the year and the timeline just does not look feasible. Also, I am out of the office next week and won't be able to do the work and the conference will make eating healthy a challenge. So i gotta work on portion control.

anyways, so that meal was like 1800 calories alone.

I had a good workout today, intermediate workout A. 30 lbs each side.
10 lbs for the rear delt raises.
intervals (6) 30 sec fast/hard, 1:30 rest. elliptical.

Tomorrow is long run.

Today's calories I added to the 1800 cal meal above = 2580.
oh well, better tomorrow. and gotta plan for next week, and gotta be mindful when out to eat: focus on conversation, and slow down eating so as not to eat too much.

and thanks Abby. I'll look for the escali at target.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:31 AM

On the good side, you shouldn't have to worry about cramping on your long run!! And I know in the past, if I've binged on nuts, it actually cleans me out (if you know what I mean) and I lose weight!

But seriously, you have the right mind set, just move on. I'm just like you, I eat when I am overwhelmed. Just remember that it won't help anything, it just gives you something else to be overwhelmed about and you will be more productive if you stick with your plan.

Good job on the workout, a good workout always helps me get back on track. And I like the idea to focus on conversation when out. We are going to a football party tonight where I know my senses will be going crazy with all the different yummy foods, so I'm going to focus on the conversations too, thanks!
Old 10-10-2009, 12:01 PM

Your stress eating episodes seem to be getting less frequent. And you have dropped a couple of pounds. Most of your days look good. Today is another day.

ďAll the planning in the world is no good if you donít follow through. Be a robotic action-taker.Ē
Craig Ballantyne, Important Tip, 1/13/09
Old 10-13-2009, 02:38 AM

Thanks for the posts!
So I was actually probably above 3000 calories Friday - anyways, enough of literally going nuts and bananas! haha... not so funny.

I was high on the fat intake Saturday - let myself have butter, coconut oil and bread, but still the lean protein and veggie meals - but 1580 calories.
Saturday long slow run - 60 minutes.
and dancing

Sunday - 1500 calories, a little dancing for fun.

Today, Monday - Workout B, intermediate. 20 lbs each side. intervals: 4 at 1 min each. rested 1 min between first 2 and then 1.5 minutes on the other two.
nutrition: 1580 calories

hectic week this week - gotta make sure I get all my workouts and healthy meals in. but i have a plan, so just gotta execute and ignore sleep deprivation.
Thanks and here I go.
I'm also putting my contract in more visible location. I am sorry I ignored it at the end of last week and practically forgot it. Gotta keep it in my mind more often.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:18 AM

Today - Oct 13
1600 calories - eggs, zucchini, salmon, carrot, rice, black beans, whey protein, almonds, apple, pear, banana, green pepper, chard, beef

workout - run 30 minutes. slow jog.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:22 PM

Hey! Are you still around? How's it going?!