TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 18th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2013, 03:46 PM

Default Dicipline and Commitment

Hi all,

I decided to finish my year strong, so Iím officially joining the 18th TT Transformation contest. I have two main goals:

1) Health:

I want to gain as much lean mass as possible while not gaining any fat. So I will keep track of my waistline (tomorrow I will take my measurements and then I will post my current stats) and adjust my calories accordingly. I will also revive my food journal, as my diet became much poorer when I stopped logging and sharing my meals. I felt a bit sad in admit that I donít have the enough discipline yet, but wheat really matter is that I wonít give up. I will start with ~2000 kcal/day in average and will keep fasting for 24h once a week. At this moment I am doing TT Bodyweight Bodybuilding 2k10, but I donít know what is coming afterwards. As I am not an ďofficialĒ contestant, Iím considering shifting to one of Jason Ferruggiaís workout or even Ben Pakulskiís MI40.

2) Work

I am currently doing a PhD in Economics and I want to submit my dissertation by August/2014. It may change if I get a new contract as research assistance, but as of now that is the goal. Iím feeling that Iím very late and it is my entire fault. Iíve spent lots of time doing other things and procrastinating, but now I will change the game. My goal for the next 3 months is threefold: (i) submit one paper to the Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization by October 15th (I already have a first draft done); (ii) have a first draft of another paper that I will submit to the journal Social Sciences and Medicines by November 15th; and (iii) wrap up these two papers plus other stuff that Iíve already done in other to have two complete chapters written. I need more discipline in order to have all these things done. Iíve been waking up at 5h00 - 5h30 but waste too much time doing the wrong things. I will start an accountability log in the Green Tea Zone in other to get out of my comfort zone.

Letís the show begins.

And thank you Craig for the motivation.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:09 AM

Nutrition: 16.09.2013
I fasted until dinner, as I usually do on Mondays.

21h00: 3 eggs with mixed veggies in coconut oil, salad, asparagus, cucumber, tomatoes and green leafs.

22h00: protein cupcake with blueberries and raspberries, and 6 Turkish dried apricots.

Total: 678 cal
Carbs: 37
Protein: 50
Fat: 36
Old 09-17-2013, 03:50 AM

Nice Eduardo

Glad to see you're joining in the fun as well.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJankowski View Post
Nice Eduardo

Glad to see you're joining in the fun as well.
Thank you, Peter. Let's see how it goes!
Old 09-17-2013, 06:25 PM

Nutrition

9h00: banana, grapes, berries, tangerine
12h00: nectarine
16h00: coconut milk, protein powder
17h30: Workout
18h30: protein shale in almond milk
21h30: sweet potato, tuna, cottage cheese, olive oil, 2 pieces of dark chocolate (72%)

Totals 1,960 cals
Carb 244g
Fat 55g
Protein 135g

Work

Typical unproductive day. Went to bed pretty late last night and ended waking up only at 7h30. Then I had black coffee and went for a dog walk (~30min). I started reading a paper around 9h30, when I already was at the office. It is a pretty tough paper on Game Theory, so I going really slowly in order to follow every single math in there. However, I had to break the pace at 11h00, as I had a meeting with the Director of our Institute (I'm also one of the PhD representatives until October 1st).

From 12h00 to 13h30, I read and replied emails, met Ariane outside for a coffee and went to the grocery store to buy some things. When I came back to the office, I would continue studying, but a friend came to the office and asked my help about the Brazilian household survey. So I ended up showing (and translating) the database and questionnaires for about 30 min.

From 14h00 to 15h00 I finally could advance a bit on that reading, but had to stop because of some duties as PhD representatives. Around 16h00 I came back home biking, but stopped by the toy store to buy Monster High dolls for my nieces (I'm going to Brazil next week).

When I arrived home, it was almost time to go to the gym, so I had a protein pudding, prepared my stuff and went there to have it done. After the gym, I had a post-workout shake and had two Skype meeting related to the business I am associated to in Brazil (19h00 - 20h00, then 20h15 - 21h00). At the end of the day, I didn't get through half of the paper I started reading.

My goal for tomorrow is pretty simple: finish reading this paper (I guess it will consume about 6h00, because of the maths). And I have to go to Cologne (Germany) at 14h00, so I need to be as productive as possible in the morning.

Workout
1) Chin-ups (3 Min): 33 (+3)
2) Close-Stance BW Squats (5 Min): 227 (+54)
3) Close-Grip Pushups (3 Min): 60 (+4)
4) Burpee-Pullup Combo (3 Min): 20 (+1)
5) Elevated Reverse Lunges (3 Min): 95 (+8)
6) SB Jackknife (3 Min): 90 (+3)
7) SB Leg Curl (3 Min): 61 (-10)
8) Bodyweight Rows (3 Min): (+47)
9) Pushups – (3 Min): 66 (+5)
Total: 699 (+69)
I pulverized my last record! Most due to the bw squats, which was one that I really felt I could do so much better. Next week is really going to be a challenge!

Time to go to bed. Good night everyone!
Old 09-19-2013, 05:37 PM

Man you're doing great already! Great job! Really like your goals... I look forward to seeing you accomplish them all!
Old 09-24-2013, 06:37 PM

How you travelling Eduardo?
Old 09-25-2013, 06:00 AM

Hi everyone,

Thank you Peter and Chip for

I'm currently in Brazil and won't lie to you: things got completely out of control last weak. The exception was my workouts.

Since Monday, my nutrition is back on track, which basically means no sweets!

I do not expect to work much on my thesis while I'm here because I will be either doing stuff on my business (had a presentation yesterday, and today and tomorrow I will be busy with the book "launch") or visiting my grandfather (this weekend), Ariane's family (Tuesday and Wednesday) and my grandmother (Thursday). As they live in different cities, I will end up traveling a lot before returning to Maastricht on October 5th.

Yesterday it was raining a lot, so I couldn't go outdoor to do the last round of the TT Bodyweight Bodybuilding Challenge (Workout C). If the hotel gym has a pull up bar, then I can do it tomorrow in the morning. Otherwise I will stick to some HWR and finish it only on the weekend.

I will post some brief stuff early in the morning, just to tell how was my previous day and what I expect to accomplish. This way I can be more accountable.

Today I woke up 5h30 (UTC/GMT -3) and I will have only a black coffee as soon as I send this post. The day is going to be busy, as I have an appointment at 7h50 to renew my driver license and go to the office afterwards (my parents live pretty far from the downtown so I don't expect to be in the office before 10h30). At 14h00 I have a flight to Belo Horizonte, where the Brazilian Conference on Mining is taking place. We will be there in the afternoon for some formalities related to the book launch. From 10h30 to 12h30 I will work on the presentation I have tomorrow in such conference. So, basically no time for the thesis today.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:18 AM

You sound busy man.

Don't stress about the diet it happens to all of us. I went way off track for a couple of weeks there and am only just pulling it back in.

It's hard to find time to post here. I'm finding the only time I get to really catch up is when I'm at work (if it's not busy) because I'm literally tethered to my desk for 12 hours with the internet on tap.

I've just started bodyweight bodybuilding 1 and will follow it with 2.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:09 AM

I woke up even before the alarm this morning and was skyping with Ariane (she is in NL, so we have a time difference of 5h). Now I'm going to see the hotel gym and then decide what workout to do. I will stay all the day in the conference and have a presentation at 16h00. After that we will head to the airport to return to Sao Paulo.

Yesterday went pretty well. The day was a bit tough because of the traveling. In Brazil we do not have good public transport to basically any airport. I arrived in the conference around 5h PM and we had the book launch at 19h30. It was a very nice experience to me

I under ate most of the day (a couple of small bananas around 12h00 and some local snacks during the afternoon) and had a good dinner (a nice rare steak and a small serving of potatoes). No dessert.

Have a good day everyone