TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 14th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2012, 12:05 AM

Morgan - it sounds like your off to a great start! FABULOUS!! For the tight muscles - Craig has some great leg stretches you might want to do. Looking forward to your success!!

-Lesa
Old 05-11-2012, 09:07 AM

Nice post so far. Looking at your workout log its making me even more excited to get started with the original programme.

Looks like you are firing through it.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:41 PM

Thanks for the messages guys.
Just about to hit gym for workout b of TT Original.

Yesterday wasn't a great day. I had my cheat meal on Thursday (decided to do cheat meal rather than whole cheat day) and yesterday was going great back on track til dinner. Took my wife out for dinner (Japanese) and a couple of the choices werent optimal so I ate around maintenance level two days.

I'm figuring it'll stall my fat loss somewhat.

Today I have a boat party so need to be disciplined! No cold beers for me today!
Old 05-14-2012, 02:48 AM

Saturday's boat party didn't go very well as I drank too much ... all in all I learned a lesson that I'm best off completely avoiding alcohol at these kind of events because it's all too easy to let yourself go off track. My diet wasn't the best yesterday either.

All in all, the worst part of it for me was it completely sapped my energy the next day and all I wanted to do was chill out at home.

So I've taken the decision to avoid alcohol for the rest of the contest except the occasional glass of wine if I go out with my wife.

But today's another day. The good news is I'm down to 181 pounds so lost 2 pounds last week. I am now down to 20% bodyfat.

I actually forgot to take my before photos so am going to do that tonight so the contest really starts today for me!

My goal over next 12 weeks is to get down to 12% bodyfat and around 163-5 pounds so need to need to lose just under 20 pounds.

Back in the gym today with Original B - looking forward to a great workout. Have a squash game tomorrow morning.

Excited to get back on track with my program after Saturday and learn from my error of judgement!
Old 05-14-2012, 07:21 AM

But today's another day.

That is one of the most important statements in your whole post! So many people throw in the towel after they mess up.......just the opposite of what they should do! Good luck in the contest! Rob

PS. I am going to start 2k3 today....just finished with 4....good programs......oldies but goodies.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobB View Post
But today's another day.

That is one of the most important statements in your whole post! So many people throw in the towel after they mess up.......just the opposite of what they should do! Good luck in the contest! Rob

PS. I am going to start 2k3 today....just finished with 4....good programs......oldies but goodies.

Thanks Rob!

I hope your TT3 goes well. Can't wait for that one but feel like I'm earning my spurs at the moment on Original getting ready for some good times ahead.

I'm now officially back on track. Great Original workout B this morning. Good news, found out I can actually do a chin up so will start doing them instead of dumbbell pullovers next workout B (this Sat).

Making real progress with my reverse lunges. Did 30 pound dumbells today and the reverse lunge/ab rollout superset drained me!

It's my birthday today so was a great way to start the day and also what I'm determined to make the best year of my life!

Came home to a birthday breakfast of scrambled eggs with tomato and mushrooms prepared by my wife. Big salad for lunch and then tonight we are going for a special meal.

Will go for delicious and healthy choices. Didn't have time for intervals this morning so will squeeze in quick session before dinner.

Have some cool offday activities planned for this week too ... Squash game tomorrow and a couple of mountain hikes later in the week.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:34 AM

It's been another good couple of days. Played squash yesterday morning and was surprised at my improved fitness since my last game a couple of months ago.

Have dropped 4 pounds in the last two weeks and am now down to 19% body fat.

However, stupidly I still didn't take my before pics! Will get them done this week. Probably not great that I've delayed but I'm still extremely motivated so I think a couple of extra weeks is a good thing. The main reason I'm doing this is to complete the transformation and see how much I can achieve with consistency and dedication.

Today was workout A of Original. I did

1a) RDLs, 3 x 44 (22 pound dumbbells)
1b) Bench press, 3 x 66

2a) Split squats 3 x 60 (30 pound dumbells)
2b) One arm shoulder press, 1 x 26, 2 x 30

Ended it with intervals on the bike.

Have a bit of knee pain so am going to rest up tonight. I had been invited to do a 3 hour hike this evening but I'm going to take the precautionary measure of giving it a mess and taking some rest instead.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:07 AM

Hey did the first Original workout this morning and loved it. Feeling like Ive worked hard now though haha.

Looks like you are hammering through it too good work.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:16 PM

Good you're enjoying Original. It is a great workout.

I'm in a bit of a crisis at the moment though! I had sore knees during the second week of Original last week - think combination of running with the wrong footwear (not enough support) and maybe incorrect form on some of the squat and lunge exercises.

That led me into a bit of a downward spiral and have cheated on my nutrition plan the last 4 days, drinking wine and beer and overindulging in food.

Going to see a doctor today about the knees and hopefully will get the all clear to continue the program. If so I'll drop the weights and work on form the next couple of weeks. I'm also going to buy some new footwear this week.

Back on track with the nutrition today. Got to look forward!!
Old 05-22-2012, 06:56 AM

Went to the doctor's today about my sore knees and he referred me to a physiotherapist who I saw this afternoon.

Diagnosed as wear and tear but nothing too serious though I have a few physio sessions.

The physio told me I can continue with the workout program but just make sure I don't use too heavy weights.

So I'll go back to the squats and lunges but drop the weights and really focus on good form while I build myself back up.