TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 28th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2017, 08:20 AM
Administrator

well done Shawn! So much awesomeness!
Old 01-19-2017, 03:19 PM

Thank you, Craig.

The networking event was a success. So many people in the doors that said they didn't even know I was there. I had several conversations about starting trials throughout the networking event I handed out several schedules and business cards. I even have a new trial starting in the morning

With all that said I am beat! So much fun and work both!

I'll talk more about this tomorrow. I just wanted to give a quick update.
Old 01-21-2017, 02:55 PM
Administrator

Great work, keep on pushing on!
Old 01-31-2017, 10:24 AM

I'm hanging in there. I'm still down the 4 pounds.
I had to back off intensity of my workouts still. I have been super sore. My rib still bugs me from time to time. I am listening to my body... a bit frustrated that I can't push as hard as I want to but hanging in there.

I started a new Shred 10 yesterday morning. I had 2 days of the last shred that I cheated(not including the caffeine cheats). I do believe in intentional treat days but I really went over board on the treats.

The shred is supposed to be caffeine free. I cut back to 2 cups a day from my normal (6-8) which was a great feat! I have maintained the 2 cup habit over the last 3 weeks. I thought yesterday I could go free of caffeine but I gave in and had a cup both yesterday and today. So I figure one step at a time. If I can do just 1 cup a day. Then gently step down to zero on my next shred.

With no blood pressure issues or any other health issue. My doctor told me at my last physical that my blood work was good and to keep doing what I am doing. I think 1 cup a day will do me more good than harm at this time. I was listening to a podcast yesterday and it was kind of driving home the point of if its not doable for the rest of my life than maybe it's not the right program for me. And as I was super foggy headed and ready for a nap by 6 am my hubby said to me, "Why torture yourself?" So at that point I decided yes I will have 1 cup. The rest of the shred is doable.... and in time as I get used to even lower levels of caffeine then I will make that step.

I know if I give it a few days the fog will lift but I its hard when you run a business. You have to be clear headed. I have two new competitors that are opening this week. One right across the street(Tru fit Franchise) and 1 FBBC on the other side of town. That's stiff competition. I was a bit hurt when I received a call(wrong number they were looking for FBBC) about doing a 6 week Transformation Contest for $25! I will do a $21 for 21 day FEO but wow 6 weeks for $25. Crazy grand opening special for FBBC! I did try to talk them into trying my offer but no luck. The 6 weeks won out!
I have to be on top of my game. That's all the more reason to keep pushing on my personal transformation.

Pushing on this morning. Other than 1 cup of coffee I have been on track nutritionally.
I got in a light workout yesterday and now I'm off to yoga.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:52 AM
Administrator

great words from your husband. It's just a cup of coffee. Don't be hard on yourself. Do the right things and push on!
Old 02-01-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
great words from your husband. It's just a cup of coffee. Don't be hard on yourself. Do the right things and push on!
Thanks, Craig.
I know. I must not drive myself crazy over perfection. Especially over a cup of coffee.

I am doing great today. Morning meditation, Reading and workout done.
I re-established my reading habit today. I fell off the wagon when I added new habits in.
I do love reading I just have to make he time, No excuses. One of the ways I am planning on overcoming obstacles is to make sure I take a book with me wherever I go. Then I can get it in even if it is a busy day.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:08 PM
Administrator

Hey Shawn.

Great job, very proud of you.

Rest assured the FBBC was not doing a 6 week challenge for $25. The person more than likely misunderstood the challenge price. Most owners do $25 per week for the 6 weeks.

I could be wrong here, but I'd have a hard time believing they are offering 6 weeks for $25.

As for you, keep focusing on what you're doing. It's good to know about your competition and keep an "ear to the streets". But find your USP and be the best in your town at that.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWoodrum View Post
Hey Shawn.

Great job, very proud of you.

Rest assured the FBBC was not doing a 6 week challenge for $25. The person more than likely misunderstood the challenge price. Most owners do $25 per week for the 6 weeks.

I could be wrong here, but I'd have a hard time believing they are offering 6 weeks for $25.

As for you, keep focusing on what you're doing. It's good to know about your competition and keep an "ear to the streets". But find your USP and be the best in your town at that.
I read their facebook ad myself and yes they are offering the whole 6 week challenge for $25 and offering over $2000 cash and prizes for the winner. They sold all their spots very quickly at that price. I just saw the photos of the orientation on facebook (Fenton ate it up like candy!)
I am a bit hurt as I can't offer over $2000 cash and prizes and I suppose I am a bit scared because I personally know a lot of FBBC owners that are very successful.

With that said I have been working with a free business coach (resource through MI Small Business development center)on developing my USP. One thing I can say is that my space is smaller and I can't even begin to take on the numbers that FBBC can. Both FBBC and Tru Fit are franchises. So we are in the process of developing My USP as "Your Hometown Fitness Solution" NO Chains,Franchises or Boxes just hometown personal service. We are in the process of defining what that means. Such as the small session sizes, unique programing (drums alive, yoga,community drum circle once a month, healthy hang-out once a month featuring free massages from the Flint School of Theraputic massage.) Essentially a more holistic approach to fitness.

I'm hanging tough but I am scared. The other thing that I am thinking is that the new boot camps will show that my pricing is not so bad after all. I got a lot of complaints on the price (which I know for the personal attention they get is a great deal) FBBC is doing 97 month for first 100 other boot camp is running a grand opening of $79 a month (after normal pricing kicks in it is about $125 a month) My pricing is 100.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:36 AM
Administrator

Hi Shawn, sorry to give you some bad news, but as usual, the free advice you're getting is not worth the price. It's worse than free.

The USP means NOTHING to the consumer.

They don't care about you, they care about themselves.

What's the BIG benefit you can offer?

It's not that you're a hometown business.

That's not getting Mrs. Jones faster results.

Instead, you are a private, fat loss acceleration center where people of all shapes and sizes can lose weight without the intimidation or drill sargeant of a bootcamp beach bunny that does NOT understand Mrs. Jones' problems.

Instead, with you, they get someone that has overcome eating issues, has gone from obese to fit while having 5 kids, and walks the walk and knows every single one of the same problems Mrs. Jones goes through...

...whereas the beach bunny bootcamp instructor only knows what it's like to a be a single 25-year old with all the time and energy and selfishness in the world... and a lucky teenager's metabolism, too.

The bootcamp doesn't get you, Mrs. Jones. It's not right for you. Probably too advanced. But I know you. I've been you. ANd you'll get private, less intimidating sessions in my studio.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:54 AM
Administrator

Also, you should focus on the fact you are:

The Over-40 Female Fat Loss Expert

That's all your best clients anyway.

Bootcamp is for young people in their 20's and early 30's.

You are the ONLY expert in town that focuses on Female Fat Loss SPECIFICALLY for women over 40.

Talk about the hormones, the children, the aging, the slow metabolism, etc.

This is a USP that the customer cares about.

Hopefully you can get your money back from the person giving you free advice.