TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 12th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2011, 08:55 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz0773 View Post
Ok... daily goals for Monday.

NO liquid donuts ( aka beer ) ..
DO workout
Make sure all meals are healthy and not too big.
Get in the garden
Drink lots of water.

I took a slide during August which I was expecting. It's Ok..I can live with it. I just need to get to work now and get on track. No time for the scenic route..I think I need to get on that freeway...express lane...no tolls.
Hi Deb

great goals, have to say I found setting the daily goals in contest 11, really kept me on the straight and narrow (well most of the time!)

Even if I do go a bit scenic sometimes, it got me back on track which is what is important.

I don't think enough can be said about setting goals they make you focus and honestly the baby steps are what works.

keep up the great work

am loving the liquid donuts!!

Have managed to avoid any liquid donuts for 9 days now, am hoping to do 3 weeks..... hmmmm will I manage it me wonders!

glad to have you along for the ride, I am def going direct route for as long as I can, but might take a detour when we head home, but I will be back to it when I get back.

Cheers for now Katie
Old 09-13-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Hi Deb

great goals, have to say I found setting the daily goals in contest 11, really kept me on the straight and narrow (well most of the time!)

Even if I do go a bit scenic sometimes, it got me back on track which is what is important.

I don't think enough can be said about setting goals they make you focus and honestly the baby steps are what works.

keep up the great work
I know... who do think inspired the daily goals for me then eh??? Thanks
Old 09-13-2011, 05:58 PM

Goals for Wednesday...

1.Do workout B from Big 6
2.Stick to the healthy meals not too big plan..
3.Keep up the water..it's still pretty hot here at the moment too!
4.The beer thing is ok..I think I'm over it now..but beware of the unexpected.
5.Say NO to the cake.. I don't care how good it looks.. My Wednesday gig always has pretty good cakes around. The manager is always saying..have a break..go eat some cake. The last three weeks I've been eating amazing cakes made from almond or carob..all the native "bush tucker" cakes.. But for now I WILL say NO thanks and go the fruit instead.
6.Get to bed early as possible to start my 7am rise (kids back at school) ouch!

All seemed pretty well today. I didn't get to do the bike ride with the kids but we did go to the creek for a swim.. still milking the sun. My glutes and legs are pretty sore.. I think it was from the gardening. I spent hours getting those weeds out and was determined to finish.. well it's worth it!!

How awesome is the moon at the moment..I saw it rise earlier..yellow and fat..
Old 09-13-2011, 10:46 PM

Quote:
All seemed pretty well today. I didn't get to do the bike ride with the kids but we did go to the creek for a swim.. still milking the sun. My glutes and legs are pretty sore.. I think it was from the gardening. I spent hours getting those weeds out and was determined to finish.. well it's worth it!!

Sounds like a great day! We're still warm here (close to 90F) but apparently will be @ 60-something on the weekend. I am sooo not ready for anything but heat. Plus, I want my tomato plants to keep producing!

Old 09-13-2011, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Goals for Wednesday...

1.Do workout B from Big 6
2.Stick to the healthy meals not too big plan..
3.Keep up the water..it's still pretty hot here at the moment too!
4.The beer thing is ok..I think I'm over it now..but beware of the unexpected.
5.Say NO to the cake.. I don't care how good it looks.. My Wednesday gig always has pretty good cakes around. The manager is always saying..have a break..go eat some cake. The last three weeks I've been eating amazing cakes made from almond or carob..all the native "bush tucker" cakes.. But for now I WILL say NO thanks and go the fruit instead.
6.Get to bed early as possible to start my 7am rise (kids back at school) ouch!

Yes make the most of the sun before it heads our way, yay can't wait, it got really cold last night and is very windy today.

Am just hanging out for the Summer!

Great workout Deb, big 6 is a toughy with those jumps then squats straight after, no wonder your legs are sore, but at least you know it's doing what it is supposed to be doing.

Great goals too hope you manage to avoid the cake, it will be worth if you can, you will feel so much better.

with regard to the moon it looks fab at the moment, the other night when we were driving home, there was a cloud in front of it, and it looked like kiwi, the moon was the kiwi's body and then the cloud came out the front of it with a long beak, it was really cool!

Keep up the great work and setting those daily goals, it's the baby steps that get you there
Old 09-14-2011, 08:21 PM

Hey Debz and Katie it's good to see you both back and getting stuck in!

I think I need some of that express lane action myself! Last time the scenic route was a bit TOO scenic if you know what I mean.

Good luck in the contest - well who needs luck when you do the hard graft - but you know we could all use a little luck in life!

Now I must get started on this goal setting. It is so essential!
'Instead of turning your eyes away from the difficulty, open your eyes to the powerful opportunity, choose to invision your own best outcome, then choose to do whatever is necessary to make it happen'
Old 09-15-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
Sounds like a great day! We're still warm here (close to 90F) but apparently will be @ 60-something on the weekend. I am sooo not ready for anything but heat. Plus, I want my tomato plants to keep producing!
I hear you.. winter is not my thing.. I just planted some more tomatoes yesterday..there's optimism for you!! What part of the States are you from. Sounds like a similar climate to me but I'm in southern europe..

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Yes make the most of the sun before it heads our way, yay can't wait, it got really cold last night and is very windy today.

Am just hanging out for the Summer!

Great workout Deb, big 6 is a toughy with those jumps then squats straight after, no wonder your legs are sore, but at least you know it's doing what it is supposed to be doing.

Great goals too hope you manage to avoid the cake, it will be worth if you can, you will feel so much better.

with regard to the moon it looks fab at the moment, the other night when we were driving home, there was a cloud in front of it, and it looked like kiwi, the moon was the kiwi's body and then the cloud came out the front of it with a long beak, it was really cool!

Keep up the great work and setting those daily goals, it's the baby steps that get you there
Yes..avoided the cake.. for some reason it looked a bit crap. I must have brainwashed myself well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillianM View Post
Hey Debz and Katie it's good to see you both back and getting stuck in!

I think I need some of that express lane action myself! Last time the scenic route was a bit TOO scenic if you know what I mean.

Good luck in the contest - well who needs luck when you do the hard graft - but you know we could all use a little luck in life!

Now I must get started on this goal setting. It is so essential!
Great to see you too.. you know what to do..
Old 09-15-2011, 09:21 AM

Today feels fresh and clear.. yes, it's the first day back at school.

Maths isn't my thing but I think I came a step closer to understanding what i have to do with caloric deficit. I received an email newsletter type thing from Brad Pilon who mentions 1750 calorie deficit per week is 1/2 pound of fat. So I doubled it to aim for 3500 calorie deficit per week to lose 1 pound of fat. I think knowing this was the missing piece of the puzzle. I'm going to zig zag that from my maintenance which works out to be 2100. So 3 days per week I'll take off 30% x 2100, 2 days 20% x 2100, 1 day 10% x 2100, and one day 35% x 2100. Works out to be about 3675 per week deficit. I like to move around the numbers a bit because i can't stay too low for too long (a few days maybe).
Understanding is one thing..doing it is another. I'll have to try this for a week or two and see how it goes. Looks like I'll be a fitday.com regular again. Has to be done.

Workout was Abs 1000. I did the 333 part. I need to slowly build up to the 1000 workout.. The 1000 part has things like 50 spiderman pushups and 100 sec ball planks.. one day..one day.. ouch. For now 8 spiderman pushups (4 per side) is doing me in just fine.

Food so far good.. I need to start tacking though...

Brekky.. Smoothie with strawberries, oats and greek yoghurt.
After workout. 100g cottage cheese and two small pears
Lunch... A spicy chickpea soup...
Dinner.. TBA

It's a little cooler here today. I plan to spend the first part of the arvo in the garden and plant more goodies!!

Last edited by debz0773 : 09-15-2011 at 01:21 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Hi Concetta.. A lighter healthier planet..sounds great!!
Thanks for looking in! Success to all of us! Concetta
Old 09-15-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
Ha, when I first read that I thought you said 'tomato pants' and I got an image of you walking about like santa (obviously with a very different physique!

Ahhh... Christmas. Not long now! It's freezing here. I'm sitting in my single-glazed flat in a dressing gown and slippers with a blanket over me. My nose feels like ice