TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 26th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2016, 12:39 AM
Administrator

How are things going?
Old 07-21-2016, 06:33 PM

Default No Notifications

I need to check my settings, I'm not getting notifications of these comments and just thought no one cared!

Thanks Mike, its a great workout plan and nutrition plan, etc. I've had a week where my family and work have been in control of my life versus ME controlling the time, so haven't started it yet. I let myself down on that one. The plan is to start tomorrow when the schedule normalizes again.

Craig, my stomach has normalized and not had anymore problems. I was really concerned.

We had our national Y conference here in KC this weekend; 4,000 people from around the US were here to get encouraged, hear from national speakers, take classes... very awesome. Went to a training session about developing a life plan, very ETR-like, put on by an organization called Cowboy Ethics. Great encouragement, tons of walking and healthy eating every day.

This week has been very active, very hands on running youth programs each day versus normal office hours.

I've let the week get away from me in relation to habits of exercise, so today I am getting something done before leaving the Y then starting BareFit in the morning before starting work.. since I workout at my work

Been tracking when I eat white carbs, processed carbs.. boy its alot. This is the next challenge for me. BREAD BE GONE. Sugars are vastly reduced this contest, weight is between 290-295 now... the next push is 275. That is where I was 5 years ago before the worst transition, rebooting career, getting fired, etc. happened.
Old 07-22-2016, 12:34 AM
Administrator

Really awesome that you are below 300 consistently, well done!
Old 07-26-2016, 05:00 PM

Default 7/26

Hey guys, glad to write in here again. The contest is supposed to be over soonish I guess, I'll just start posting over in the 27th contest if and when that starts I don't need to balance multiple journals lol, I'm not that awesome.

Started BareFit FINALLY today. We had a quick trip to drop the oldest kids off this weekend so I ran out of time on Saturday to get it in.

First workout of it it and woowee, good stuff Mr. Mike Whitfield. I am blown away by the value of this program, sooo much stuff in it, easy to follow along. You made it BAREly impossible to NOT understand it! Did ride our stationary computer game bike for about 10 mins just to check it out, they updated it... you can drive through the Odyssey now, and on a Rainbow Road/Mario Kart-esque level.. kind of ridiculous

1a. DB Rows... 80-70-65-60
1b. KB swings.. 60, 50, 40, 40
1c. pushups (on knees)... 18, 15, 15, 13

20 mins of awesome sauce workout.

Diet's been good, too, really eating when I'm hungry, cutting back on the white carbz and sugarz.

The stomach bug I had totally has given me this new balance and jump start on losing weight again. I'm just not hungry as I was, I don't know the change but I love it. Good stuff.
Old 07-27-2016, 12:22 PM
Administrator

great work!
Old 08-02-2016, 12:36 PM

Default 8/2

Late last night as I was driving my beat-up minivan to pick up groceries with my 6-month old son; we go around 9:30/10pm because everyone else is asleep and its impossible to take all 4 kids to the store; so I do the shopping usually.

The ol' 2002 T&C has air conditioning in the back for the kids and none up front, so the wife and I enjoy the open windows on the open road. When you get it up to around 60 the cool air from the unit blows out some, so there is some reprieve. We always buy the store-brand, whatever is on sale, etc. to make sure we scrimp and scrounge to make the bills each month. Headliner falling down, got duct tape and pushpins holding it up so the vents blow on the kids. Don't know what we'll do in the winter when the defrost doesn't work...

That's where my brain likes to go, to wallow in how hard it is sometimes. There's more to the story, how hard we got it, etc. but last night I got a renewed vision on things.

I've got it really good.

I was nominated to serve on a select committee with the Y that will impact millions of lives through youth development.
I'm on another committee that is helping spread a science education framework (STEM) throughout the US and the world through the Y to hundreds of thousands of youth.
I'm working on a partnership to bring coding and programming education to literally thousands of youth in KC.
I'm a part of a steering committee in KC to help plan and offer opportunities to 20,000 individuals over the next 3 years to serve outdoors on public lands.
I have a super fun and rewarding part-time job that let's me teach robotics, blow up stuff, entertain, teach and make science fun.
I have somehow kept an amazing woman around as my wife for over 11 years who puts up with so much and does so much in teaching our kids, being creative.
I have four amazing kids, each with their own unique gifts and personalities.
I've got great parents, and a good brother who lives only 30-40 minutes away and see weekly.
I have a relationship with my Creator that motivates and fills me.

I have a new lease on life today. Loved the article Craig shared about the Four Seasons of life, read it this morning, and it really ties in with my thinking right now. Thanks for that teaching!

Working out today, keep the sugars on the low-low and ending a short vacation on a good note!
Old 08-02-2016, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Thanks, glad you liked it!

BTW, I think this is the first time I've understood your connection to the STEM programs and your interest in helping youth with that.

That's your TICKET to a side business.

You should start a youtube channel teaching that stuff. Do 2-3 videos a week. You'll build up a "Matt Mann with Your Future Science Plan" channel (or something less dorky than my title).

You will be the next Bill Nye!
Old 08-04-2016, 11:51 AM

Great idea, Craig. I will definitely consider it.

Today's a BareFit workout day, after a crazy weekend of family road tripping it's nice to get back into routines.

Also, noticed that officially the 26th TT contest period is over. I declare myself a winner in the forum (TT staff excluded It's also how I won student body vice president in high school... no competition lol.

I lost weight, gained muscle, swam farther and faster than I have ever before, reduced my sugar intake like crazy and feel accomplished.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:45 PM
Administrator

what is your weight now?