TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 26th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2016, 09:27 PM
Administrator

well done on nutrition, stay strong!
Old 05-03-2016, 12:48 PM

Default 5/3

Only got 550 yards this morning. Started developing a head cold this weekend and had some trouble with breathing, though I had some of my smoothest ever laps to start!

Saturday, I made donuts with the kids in the evening; I kept them small so I didn't over do it and have left several just sitting there the last couple of days. Not even on my radar, not wasting any willpower on it, etc. At my mom's house on Sunday, though, right before we left i absentmindedly grabbed a cupcake and ate it.

I was really disappointed in myself. I've recovered from that mindset, but the fact that I wasn't even thinking when I did it really was frustrating... It wasn't even a good cupcake

This hasn't really been a battle of will for me, I don't sit and sweat not eating sugar, obsess over it, etc... I just have to make sure I'm conscious about it and eat something else.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:54 PM

I think soooo many people make that type of mistake and give up.......all or nothing attitude........not the right one..........ya just gotta get back on that horse and ride -----
Old 05-03-2016, 06:14 PM
Administrator

thats the worst part... when it turns out not to be worth it. ha!

Stay strong, back in the improvement train.

You can do it!
Old 05-06-2016, 01:28 AM

Default New milestone!

1. I hit 1,000. I had hit a "wall" mentally at around 750 but realized physically I felt up for it and pressed on to it!!! It was pretty exhilarating for me. A mile is just around the corner!

The swimming has been a fun challenge to take on. I'm doing it 3 days a week and then on the other 2 days doing a 10-15 min. more leg-focused routine, as I do mostly upper body right now with the swimming.

Anyway, I am gaining confidence in my swimming and ability to do it.

#winning

2. So many opportunities to devour sugar. I am avoiding it really good; I'm super proud of myself for that. I am eating a little more so need to get that under control, more than usual, just need to get portions under control... but I'm proud of the sugar thing.

KEEP GOING! This is just week 2 but it's a good week to start slacking and I'm personally not having an of it. I have every reason and excuse to eat lots of sugar, to not swim, to stop...

In fact, got a call today that my mom had a stroke. Like, just got off the phone an hour ago.

...I want to medicate with sugar. I want to be depressed. However, I need to stay focused, exemplify living healthy, love my wife and kids, dad and brother and support my mom and dad as much as I can and be there every chance I get. I have ZERO regrets regarding my parents; we have a great relationship and the only knock is, I wish I saw them more.

Press on towards the goal, that you might receive the prize... one of my favorite Bible verses. Need its encouragement tonight, for sure.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Matt, you are awesome. I am so inspired by this.

Been handed some challenging opportunities in my life recently, and reading your updates keeps me pushing on through the wall!
Old 05-09-2016, 11:58 PM

Default Houston, we have a problem...

Arrived in Houston this afternoon to be certified as a national Y-USA Faculty in integrating STEM (Science, Tech, Engineering, Math) programming at Ys. It's a pretty cool honor that I haven't a clue how I got nominated for, but am here excited to learn Glad to be rubbing shoulders with people across the country and at the national level. Kansas City is the host of the national Y gathering this year, too, so just another opportunity to keep working the "day job" to support the family.

As I planned for the trip, I remembered Craig's advice about traveling and purchased a trail mix of Almonds, Cashews and Cranberries from Target. I grabbed a couple apples and a banana, too. I had no idea what the food would be at the airport or when I got here.

Boy, am I glad I did. I would have made a nightmare decision a couple times if I had not prepared.

I also got in a great workout here at the Brookhollow Sheraton. Great little gym with Dumbbells and everything Got in a quick 15-minute TT-style workout from my "archives" from e-mails that got a great workout in after the flight and shuttle, then jumped in the frigid pool... I'm weird, I really enjoy that "ice bath" after a workout. I like to do the steam room and then the "cold pool" at our Y. I feel really good after this... The pool here is going to be awkward to try and do laps in, a little short, but I'm going to give it a try tomorrow just for the heck of it.

If you are reading this and are a traveler (I'm not) I definitely want to reiterate packing some healthy snacks to have for a meal or meals in my case. I avoided the temptation of the restaurant here, have to save the money for souvenirs and eating at the Galleria on Weds, that's my plan.

Had a few unplanned sweet this weekend. Mom's stroke, being strong for family and just nervousness about this trip and I just didn't care. Back in the saddle Sunday night, though and through today.

-Matt
Old 05-11-2016, 12:46 PM

Great preparation - I bring almonds or cashews when I travel or I plan to fast.

Awesome stuff!
Old 05-11-2016, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Great work, Matt. Job well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrothaMannP11911 View Post
Arrived in Houston this afternoon to be certified as a national Y-USA Faculty in integrating STEM (Science, Tech, Engineering, Math) programming at Ys. It's a pretty cool honor that I haven't a clue how I got nominated for, but am here excited to learn Glad to be rubbing shoulders with people across the country and at the national level. Kansas City is the host of the national Y gathering this year, too, so just another opportunity to keep working the "day job" to support the family.

As I planned for the trip, I remembered Craig's advice about traveling and purchased a trail mix of Almonds, Cashews and Cranberries from Target. I grabbed a couple apples and a banana, too. I had no idea what the food would be at the airport or when I got here.

Boy, am I glad I did. I would have made a nightmare decision a couple times if I had not prepared.

I also got in a great workout here at the Brookhollow Sheraton. Great little gym with Dumbbells and everything Got in a quick 15-minute TT-style workout from my "archives" from e-mails that got a great workout in after the flight and shuttle, then jumped in the frigid pool... I'm weird, I really enjoy that "ice bath" after a workout. I like to do the steam room and then the "cold pool" at our Y. I feel really good after this... The pool here is going to be awkward to try and do laps in, a little short, but I'm going to give it a try tomorrow just for the heck of it.

If you are reading this and are a traveler (I'm not) I definitely want to reiterate packing some healthy snacks to have for a meal or meals in my case. I avoided the temptation of the restaurant here, have to save the money for souvenirs and eating at the Galleria on Weds, that's my plan.

Had a few unplanned sweet this weekend. Mom's stroke, being strong for family and just nervousness about this trip and I just didn't care. Back in the saddle Sunday night, though and through today.

-Matt
Old 05-11-2016, 09:41 PM

The Galleria is where 16 year old Leslie used to go with her friends trolling for boys!..
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17