TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 26th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2009, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Default How to take your photos

Here's a little video Bally the dog filmed for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofJ8mhZBvgE
Old 04-28-2010, 11:31 PM

Red face Camera Shy!

May I take my photo myself from a reflection in a full length mirror? I cannot bare to have someone take a photo of my 59 year old self. It is what has stopped me dead in my tracks from joing one of your contests. Would really like to try to do this one coming up just to say "I did it!" But the photo thing has me paralized! Nevermind the fact that IF you said taking a photo of myself in the mirror was okay then how do I get it to you. I am so teckie challenged. I have a phone camera but have NO IDEA how to send it to TT. Do you guys have folks that could walk me through this?
Old 04-28-2010, 11:57 PM
Administrator

Yes, thats fine.

Also, you don't need to send the photos in until the end of hte contest. When you are ready, just email them to info@turbulencetraining.com or support@turbulencetraining.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattisue View Post
May I take my photo myself from a reflection in a full length mirror? I cannot bare to have someone take a photo of my 59 year old self. It is what has stopped me dead in my tracks from joing one of your contests. Would really like to try to do this one coming up just to say "I did it!" But the photo thing has me paralized! Nevermind the fact that IF you said taking a photo of myself in the mirror was okay then how do I get it to you. I am so teckie challenged. I have a phone camera but have NO IDEA how to send it to TT. Do you guys have folks that could walk me through this?
Old 05-05-2010, 04:59 PM

Wink Camera shy

Hey Pattisue

Most digital cameras come with a timer built in. It should give you 10 seconds to get in front of the lens an breath in (or out)
Old 12-20-2010, 04:04 AM

Question video substitution

can we send in a short video instead of several pictures? assuming all requirements are met?

Thanks!

"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Steve Prefontaine

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!
Old 12-20-2010, 06:03 AM
Administrator

Hi! No, sorry, pictures are mandatory. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by northpolechick View Post
can we send in a short video instead of several pictures? assuming all requirements are met?

Thanks!
Old 12-20-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattisue View Post
Hi Pattisue.

I too take my pic by myself, but have a camera with a 10 sec timer like kierano mentioned. It is kinda awkward and rushed to get in front of it and do a good pose,(the mirror is where the camera is), and I end up taking about 100 pics just to get a few good ones,,, lol,,, but that's just the way it is. I really hope someone can help you with the teckie things,,, usually the staff at any electronics or cell phone shop are only to happy to help. Then you too can join the next contest ,,, no excuses

Loving Life, People, and our Amazing Creator.

My TT Blog/Thread - http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=7224
Old 12-20-2010, 04:39 PM

I'm having my sister take my before and after picture. It is mortifying since both my sisters are in fantastic shape, but I figure it will be worth it if we can see improvement. It is truly forcing me to commit because I am not going through the horror of the before picture without seeing some results! (However if I had a way to do it myself, I probably would! If my camera has a 10 second delay, I can't find it) Oh well, I think the accountability will help me more in the end.

For the techie stuff, find a local computer repair person. Call and ask if they can help you out. Sometimes free, sometimes a small fee, but most can help you out.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:10 PM

Default The Newspaper Date?

Sooooo. Silly me. I took a picture on January 4, 2011 and finally looked at it two days ago (January 16, 2011). I noticed that it was really difficult to tell the date from the "body view", and I had not taken an up-close picture of the paper, with the top headline, which I suppose would help verify the date. I retook a picture on Sunday (January 16, 2011), which is actually one day after the "last day to enter", but I don't think one day will kill me.

Anyway, the main question, do I need to include the zoom-up of the newspaper date when I submit my photos?

If this question was answered in the video, I apologize... I cannot view YouTube from this location! Thanks!

Transformation Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=10536

"Only that in which is me can understand what I am saying." Baba Ram Dass

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be." -John Heider

"Everyone is a Being. Not everyone is a Becoming."
Old 01-21-2011, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutherfordj2 View Post
Sooooo. Silly me. I took a picture on January 4, 2011 and finally looked at it two days ago (January 16, 2011). I noticed that it was really difficult to tell the date from the "body view", and I had not taken an up-close picture of the paper, with the top headline, which I suppose would help verify the date. I retook a picture on Sunday (January 16, 2011), which is actually one day after the "last day to enter", but I don't think one day will kill me.

Anyway, the main question, do I need to include the zoom-up of the newspaper date when I submit my photos?

If this question was answered in the video, I apologize... I cannot view YouTube from this location! Thanks!
I don't know the answer to this, the official rules just say a newspaper shot in each photo, but I myself in my last contest (#4) and this one have always taken a close up shot. Mine didn't turn out so well this time (a bit hard to read the date) and I retook it a few times and couldn't make it look any better and had a difficult time sizing my photos in general in Photoscape this time...could only resize them so big.

I had went and looked at many of the contest's official winners, and not many of them had an actual closeup if at all, so I haven't worried to much about this, although to me the closeup only makes sense.

Tina

"Dream the impossible, do the incredible."

"Beware the lollipop of mediocracy...one lick and you will suck forever!!!"