TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 14th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2012, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariane View Post
Wow, this week I started to go for it!

Thu - 28 June - 11 km riding out, including 2,5 km interval sprints (off the horse of course), running really hard for about 45-60 sec, then a little walk, then again sprinting. 7 intervals in total!

Unfortunately I made the mistake of drinking a glass of beer not long after the workout - and it was really not a good idea, next morning I woke up with a headache. Not sure how it affected or what, but now I know, it is not good to take alcohol after a hard workout.

Fri - 29 June - I went to the local gym, because they had a very good promo video on their website for TRX workouts. This was my first TRX.
The trainer lady was very professional (and had an awesome looking worked out body).
She was tough on correcting any posture or position errors - I need to go sometimes to a private session as I might do some exercises incorrectly.

The great surprise was that the latest, most effective workouts are available already in my area! The TRX workout was totally by the TT rules. Bodyweight warmup, then 3-4 exercises in a batch, repeated 2-3 times, total of 3 series, then some streching.

Only the finisher was missing!

The good news was that I could follow the whole TRX lesson for first time. But some exercises are harder on TRX than on a SB. For example, ab pike. At least I got the idea that I still have long way to go!

Ouch, my shoulder and neck muscles got real tight, it gives a headache, try to do shoulder streches and mobility exercises... Unfortunaltely when it all starts cramping up, it takes a couple of days to relax, and I suffer a bit. Or I should go to get a massage!
Today it is very very hot, planning to swim on a lake...

Do well, girls and guys, and don't give up!
Very HOT , here, too........and geeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzz, after reading all of that, I think I'll go have a beer!!!! LOL
Old 06-30-2012, 09:15 AM

Thanks! It is a story of some wins and setbacks, some suffering included. But we all know this, at least we try and try harder!
Old 07-02-2012, 04:36 PM

Hey Ariane,

TRX is awesome, although I use a homemade one (which works just as well). I have a really nice set of bands (Bodylastics) that have ankle straps that I can clip into my "TRX" set up and do the leg and ab exercises with.

Yes, the ab exercises are much harder with the TRX than with a SB.

Glad you're getting in the groove and kicken some booty. Keep it up.

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Old 07-17-2012, 10:34 AM

Hello everybody,

Sorrrry for not checking in for a while, I hope every participant is doing great and moving toward the desired outcome of the contest!

I have been also active in the meantime, only we had been away for 8 days on a holiday. Things have been a bit hectic, as it was not just a beach-and-sun holiday but a dance camp, while I also had to work a little each day on an incompelte project.
Daily 3-5 hours of dance, and whenever I could I was also windsurfing. Plus the work on the laptop, while sitting on the beach sipping a "sport spritzer" (a bit of wine with a lot of cold sparkling water).

Dancing for hours in 30 C degrees is difficult, I can tell you. By the end I got a better stamina, I was not totally dead by the end of the 2 hours session. Windsurfind was great, due to usual lack of wind I could only do it 4 times total, but it required a lot of energy and muscle work, with a big sail. Like a TRX workout, only more fun!
Surely, TT types of training prepares my body much better for such heavy sports, than any other training.

About eating, it has been lots of sinning, as it is difficult to ignore the lavish breakfast and dinner buffet that is served. We tried to eat healthy, more vegetables and meats and less carbs, but some cakes sneaked in here and there, and some white bread at breakfast... The win is that I did not GAIN weight in that week, and because of the lots of dance and other activities I actually got a better shape by the end.

Ok, this week I will be back on doing TT workouts!

Keep you posted!
Old 07-17-2012, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Hello everybody,

Sorrrry for not checking in for a while, I hope every participant is doing great and moving toward the desired outcome of the contest!

I have been also active in the meantime, only we had been away for 8 days on a holiday. Things have been a bit hectic, as it was not just a beach-and-sun holiday but a dance camp, while I also had to work a little each day on an incompelte project.
Daily 3-5 hours of dance, and whenever I could I was also windsurfing. Plus the work on the laptop, while sitting on the beach sipping a "sport spritzer" (a bit of wine with a lot of cold sparkling water).

Dancing for hours in 30 C degrees is difficult, I can tell you. By the end I got a better stamina, I was not totally dead by the end of the 2 hours session. Windsurfind was great, due to usual lack of wind I could only do it 4 times total, but it required a lot of energy and muscle work, with a big sail. Like a TRX workout, only more fun!
Surely, TT types of training prepares my body much better for such heavy sports, than any other training.

About eating, it has been lots of sinning, as it is difficult to ignore the lavish breakfast and dinner buffet that is served. We tried to eat healthy, more vegetables and meats and less carbs, but some cakes sneaked in here and there, and some white bread at breakfast... The win is that I did not GAIN weight in that week, and because of the lots of dance and other activities I actually got a better shape by the end.

Ok, this week I will be back on doing TT workouts!

Keep you posted!
Lots of sinning connected to eating it seems.............with workouts themselves........not so much! Rob
Old 07-17-2012, 11:33 AM

Glad you had a great time. Yes, it's hard to eat clean on holiday/vacation. I'm happy you were able to burn enough energy to not gain wait and it sounds like fun, maybe not dancing 4 hours a day but wind surfing and such.

Welcome back!

“You can’t always be the fastest or the strongest, but you can always try the hardest.” - sign in Jay Ferruggia's Renegade Gym
Old 07-17-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
... The win is that I did not GAIN weight in that week, and because of the lots of dance and other activities I actually got a better shape by the end. Ok, this week I will be back on doing TT workouts!
Keep you posted!
Good on you Ariane! Nice vacation results! Concetta
Old 07-18-2012, 05:15 AM

Thanks for everyone!

Yes, as Rob pointed out, my sinning is definitely not related to exercising but to those wicked eating habits... Yesterday I ate less and better already, but unfortunately a large part was taken in the evening, just before bed (and after exercise).
Alcohol is the other one, because of the holidays and garden parties

Yesterday I went out riding again, my horse has not seen me for 10 days - she was happy! We went a nice hour of trail, at the end I got off and did 4 sprint intervals of 4 x 1 minutes approximately. Strangely enough, I still have sore muscles in my glutes from some holiday activity. But the sprints went well!

Today's plan: TT in the morning - swimming pool, water gymnastics, sauna in the afternoon.

Wish everyone well and more discipline on eating than I have!
Old 07-18-2012, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Thanks for everyone!

Yes, as Rob pointed out, my sinning is definitely not related to exercising but to those wicked eating habits... Yesterday I ate less and better already, but unfortunately a large part was taken in the evening, just before bed (and after exercise).
Alcohol is the other one, because of the holidays and garden parties

Yesterday I went out riding again, my horse has not seen me for 10 days - she was happy! We went a nice hour of trail, at the end I got off and did 4 sprint intervals of 4 x 1 minutes approximately. Strangely enough, I still have sore muscles in my glutes from some holiday activity. But the sprints went well!

Today's plan: TT in the morning - swimming pool, water gymnastics, sauna in the afternoon.

Wish everyone well and more discipline on eating than I have!
Hey, we're all in this together!!!!!!!!!!!! Rob
Old 07-18-2012, 07:33 AM

Looks like you a good day of exercise planend for today and congrats on maintaiing your weight over the holidays. It can be hard to eat well when you have less control over what you're eating.

I agree with RobB, we are all in this together. We all have ways to clean up our nutrition and progress further.

Focus on Progress Not Perfection