TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 16th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 08:37 PM

Default Bring on the transformation

I have seen this contest run for the last couple of years, and I am proud to have joined the 16th transformation contest. I just finished 4 weeks of the Buff Dudes Feb 09 workouts and am deciding which workouts to do next. I started TT a few months ago and worked up to 2k5. My main goal is fat loss (specifically belly loss!!).

I started a completely new nutritional plan with Beyond the Diet. I have been on a weight loss plateau for all fall and after just 14 days on Isabel's plan, I lost 2 lbs. I finished up with the Jump start plan and the last week I have been following her next meal plan. Tomorrow is weigh in so I am very excited to see what the results will be! Tomorrow morning will tell!

I can't wait to see what April brings!
Old 01-25-2013, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catatumbo View Post
I have seen this contest run for the last couple of years, and I am proud to have joined the 16th transformation contest. I just finished 4 weeks of the Buff Dudes Feb 09 workouts and am deciding which workouts to do next. I started TT a few months ago and worked up to 2k5. My main goal is fat loss (specifically belly loss!!).

I started a completely new nutritional plan with Beyond the Diet. I have been on a weight loss plateau for all fall and after just 14 days on Isabel's plan, I lost 2 lbs. I finished up with the Jump start plan and the last week I have been following her next meal plan. Tomorrow is weigh in so I am very excited to see what the results will be! Tomorrow morning will tell!

I can't wait to see what April brings!
Hi

Sounds like you're making some awesome progress already, keep up the great work.

Hope you do well at tomorrow's weigh in and have a great weekend.

David
TC14 Winner - Males Under 40
Old 01-25-2013, 03:20 PM
Administrator

Fantastic work, Isabel rocks!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:26 PM

Smile Which workout next?

Craig, knowing that I have competed TT through 2k4 and then just am finishing Buff Dudes from Feb 09, which workout routine do you recommend that I pick up next starting on Monday? I'm uncertain which way to go... 2k5 or one of the more recent? I want to gain some more upper body strength and lose belly fat.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:41 AM
Administrator

TT Thermo 30 - 2013 program of the year!
Old 01-27-2013, 08:58 PM

Default TT Thermo 30

I've downloaded, printed, and studied Workout A! I'm going to give it my best shot tomorrow morning bright and early! I'm not sure how heavy of weights to select, but I'm sure after trying it out I'll have a better idea!
Old 02-16-2013, 02:41 PM

Smile Continually amazed and encouraged

I just need to share!

My fat loss journey has been a long one in which I started a few years ago. I was very unhealthy and didn't realize how badly in shape I was. I weighed in at about 185 lbs, with a 38 inch waist. I am only 5' so you can imagine how short and fat I looked. My journey started with weight watchers and then led me into a gym the very first time in my entire life working with a personal trainer after I plateaued with WW. I worked with several different trainers, but the one that inspired me the most and taught me the most led me to Alwyn Cosgrove and Craig Ballantyne! Many of the workouts that I was doing with this one personal trainer were techniques that looked familiar to Turbulence Training workouts. After following Craig on twitter and facebook and appreciating his encouragement, I joined TT for the first time and began the TT workouts. However, for quite sometime I stopped losing weight. I stalled for months and could not get off the plateau I was on. Craig led me to Isabel's Beyond Diet program and I little did I know I was about to embark on another amazing journey.

I was toggling between either joining Beyond Diet or returning to Weight Watchers to check our their new plan. So, I finally decided that I would join BD and give it three months to see what I could learn and how the plan would affect my body. For the last few years, all I have done was count either points or calories and I was so sick and tired of counting. My wife (who was and is on the same journey as I am - we started this together!) and I decided to give BD a good, solid try. I was so excited not to have to count calories any longer. So, my wife and I already were eating lean proteins, lots of veggies, and very little sugar ever. However, the principles we learned from BD changed everything! I didn't realize how many foods I was eating that were crippling my effects of losing fat. Coffee creamer (nonfat powder), truvia, dairy, wheat, too lean proteins and regular store bought eggs were a large part of my diet. I switched to stevia and no creamer for my coffee, cut out dairy all together, changed my really lean protein to not so lean, switched to free range eggs (and now I eat the yolks as before I did not) and start eating more food than I was previously eating. All of a sudden only after one week, the scale started moving again! I haven't seen movement for months! I was stuck, but BD mixed with TT workouts changed my fat loss course!

I have been following the BD principles now for 5 weeks and would you believe I have lost over 5 lbs so far which is a little more than 1lb a week. This is very significant for me since I have already lost 62 lbs since I begun my journey. I am already at 123 lbs (62 lbs loss) and a 28 inch waist (10 inches loss), but the scale (even though I weigh in every Fri am) is not my true measure. My belly... is what I have been trying to get rid of and it is finally starting to shrink once again! It is the smallest I have ever seen and now I am setting a goal to get it to be the flattest I possibly can.

I have been doing Thermo 30 for four weeks now and I think it is the perfect mixture for incredible fat loss. Talk about increased heart rate and sweat dripping off my brow! Any recommendations on which workout to try next?

I just became a platinum member of TT and am glad to camp out here for another year. I am diving into more of Isabel's principles and can't wait to see how my body (especially my stomach) will look in April!

Charge on!
Old 02-27-2013, 08:31 PM

Smile Next phase

Last month, I just finished up Thermo 30 workouts and now I am beginning Jan 2k13. I did workout A on Monday, intervals on Tues and Wed, and tomorrow am doing workout B. Workout A was hard and really pushed me for which I'm thankful. I'm a little nervous for workout B, but I love changing things up. My body seems to respond to constant change.

I am continuing with Beyond Diet principles for my nutrition plan and love it! I love the food and the recipes. It's been delicious and I can't believe how my body continues to respond by losing each week. I can't wait to see what the scale reads this Friday!
Old 03-15-2013, 07:31 PM

Smile 3 weeks into 2k13

I'm three weeks into the 2k13 workout and am feeling like I'm getting stronger! I'm celebrating with the amount of chin-ups and pull-ups I'm doing without assistance. My goal is to do at least one more each time I do them!

I have continued with Beyond Diet and am amazed that I have been losing just about every week so far. I haven't lost this consecutively for a long time. This week was only .4 but it was something going down in the right direction!

I celebrated my 39th bday this week and am blown away at how I look and feel at 39 years old. I'm down 64lbs now and am so excited to see what the next month is going to bring.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:53 AM

Happy belated birthday! You are doing great! Keep at it. Concetta