TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 7th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2010, 12:56 PM

LOL! Good idea, Rob!!

"Live for yourself...there's no one else more worth living for"

-Lyrics from "Anthem" by Rush
Old 02-01-2010, 04:40 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkle View Post
LOL! Good idea, Rob!!
TEE-HEE!!!
Old 02-03-2010, 11:58 AM

Hi all, I've had a pretty hard week. The relationship is going through some troubles, but I think we'll get it worked out. Haven't really done a lot of workouts, but I did go on a 2 mile run last night. I was going to give 2K10 one last week, but this week isn't turning out quite like I had hoped for it! I'll try to get 2 more workouts in this week to make up for my lack of workouts recently. Food was pretty bad most of the weekend but cleaned it up yesterday and today.

I read the article that CB emailed from John Romaniello about Final Phase Fat Loss yesterday and I may use that calorie level to see if it does any good. He suggests, if you haven't read it, that the higher your bf%, the fewer calories you need to eat to lose fat and maintain your LBM. For example, since I'm around 28-29% BF, I can eat 13 calories per pound of my LBM to maintain my current weight. Since my LBM is 105.8, I can eat 1375 cals to maintain or 1175 to lose. I figure I'll try it for a couple of weeks to see how it goes, still taking about 2 or 3 days where I go above that limit for my treats. I have been stuck at this BF% for awhile now, so I might as well try something new!!

So, here is my rundown for yesterday....

Yesterday, 2/2/10

Breakfast: cottage cheese, raisin toast w/ butter
Snack: yogurt, banana
Lunch: BBQ chicken, carrots, apple
Snack: string cheese, clementines
Post workout: chocolate milk
Dinner: chicken apple hash (1/2 serving)
Snack: cookie and milk

Total calories: 1203
Fat: 22%
Carbs: 52%
Protein: 27%

The cookie was mostly to get it out of the house. They are my favorite kind and it was the last one left. Today, I don't have any of that planned. Here's the plan:

Today, 2/3/10

Breakfast: cottage cheese, raisin toast w/ butter
Snack: yogurt, banana
Lunch: chicken apple hash, apple
Snack: string cheese, clementines
Dinner: pork roast w/ potatoes, carrots, and apples
Snack: TB of peanut butter

Total calories: 1196
Fat: 27%
Carbs: 51%
Protein: 23%

No workout scheduled for tonight but depending on whether I get a phone call or not tonight, I may go for a run. I have to take my bike in to get the brakes changed out, also.

That's about all from me for now! Talk to you all soon!

Old 02-03-2010, 12:02 PM

Hi Crystal,

Sorry to hear the relationship is going through troubles. Hope it all gets worked out.

So, little miss...tell me why you are having trouble getting the WO's in. Is it because of games?

I'd say for sure you will lose weight dropping your cal's that low for awhile. For sure!

“The runner that starts the race will not be the same runner that finishes the race.” Source unknown
Old 02-03-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabithabynum View Post
Hi Crystal,

Sorry to hear the relationship is going through troubles. Hope it all gets worked out.

So, little miss...tell me why you are having trouble getting the WO's in. Is it because of games?

I'd say for sure you will lose weight dropping your cal's that low for awhile. For sure!
Mostly because of the relationship troubles....just didn't feel like getting out there and doing anything! Plus the games, too.

Yeah, I worry about dropping the calories that low, but I'll be able to tell right away if it's dropping LBM as well. Don't want that to happen!!

Old 02-03-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkle View Post
Mostly because of the relationship troubles....just didn't feel like getting out there and doing anything! Plus the games, too.

Yeah, I worry about dropping the calories that low, but I'll be able to tell right away if it's dropping LBM as well. Don't want that to happen!!
I see, if you want to talk about it feel free to send me a message on FB.

I didn't mean dropping the cals that low was a bad thing. I think short term, it may be what you need to kick start some fat loss. But for sure not something you could do long term.

“The runner that starts the race will not be the same runner that finishes the race.” Source unknown
Old 02-03-2010, 01:02 PM

Sorry to hear that things aren't going so great. Hang in there and remember to take care of YOU first. You are a strong and beautiful girl and you will find true happiness in yourself. Surround yourself with people who are happy and positive. Make sure that you associate with people who compliment your personality and lifestyle, and do not ask you to change or sacrifice anything. Stay true to yourself first and everything else will fall in place.

Also, don't feel bad about missing the workouts. I missed Monday and Tuesday. I started on Day one today :-)

Jori
Old 02-10-2010, 11:55 PM

Hey Crystal, I hope you sort out your relationship problems. Just keep in mind that you would feel good after a workout even if you didn't feel like doing it but you already know that.

Lowering your calories that low will be ok for about 4 weeks. After that, you can take a break. You'll be fine. I'm staying tuned for your progress.

My Blog - Fat Loss Strategies
Primal Fit Bootcamp, East Bay, CA

"You are only as happy as you make your mind up to be."
Old 02-11-2010, 01:02 PM

Thanks everyone! I think everything is working itself out. We just moved too far too fast and got a little out of control. I think we're back on track now, though, so all is well!

I started Booty for Life on Tuesday and my booty is truely hurting still today!!! It definitely works! I also am adding in a few of the techniques that John Romaniello has developed for Final Phase Fat Loss. For example, he says to burn belly fat better, you need to have Lactic Acid workouts which make the muscles work more in the same amount of time. So you would lower the weight really fast and then spend 3-5 seconds raising the weight so that you're in the "work" phase for longer periods of time. I did that on Tuesday and I was really feeling it. You have to lower the weights quite a bit to be able to make it through, though. I only did 2 sets to start with and I'm still pretty sore.

Food has been pretty good this week. Over the weekend I did a higher calorie level and during the week I tried to stay around 1200, but didn't succeed on all of the days. This week I've been closer to 1500 most days, but I was around 1200 yesterday and we'll see how today plays out. I was a bit heavier than normal earlier in the week and now am about where I was on Saturday, but this is typically my heaviest week, right before TTOM. So I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing and see what happens! I'm looking forward to getting down to 145 soon!!

Other than that, the divorce crap is a mess right now. We had agreed to a deal where I would have gotten almost $2500 to pay off some bills and have a little left over from some stuff that I paid on for the last 6 months, but he spent all the money that he was going to give me, so now we have no deal. He wants to instead make me pay half of the 2nd mortgage and give me $2000, so intead of $75 worth of bills, I'd have $250. Hmmmm....not really to my benefit, huh? Very aggrevating and I'm about ready to just see him in court because I'm tired of talking about it!

Anyway, that's about all from me. Hope y'all are having a better week than I am!

Old 02-11-2010, 04:01 PM

No lawyers, yet? You could always threaten to "Lawyer-up" and see if that changes things with him.
Jori