TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2010, 10:51 AM

Default Going for the One....

Such a great song....
One, only one goal for TC9? Yes, one goal. One chin-up or pull-up.
I have NEVER done an unassisted chin or pull. I see (mostly guys) heaving themselves up to the bar and I want to do One. Myself.
In pursuit of One, I am starting with Meatheads 4x4. I will continue to eat my mostly vegan diet. I eat eggs and will not pass up my birthday cake which has eggs and diary. I try to stay away from wheat, mainly because gluten free options taste good. I need to control my portions. I believe that my diet is OK, the amount of food I eat is not. I don't stop when I should, when I am comfortably full. I have to be careful around nuts. I will chew my food slower. I will use ESE.
I was in TC8 and my stats stayed the same for the duration. Taking my stats for TC9, I did lose 1/2" in some places. What did I do in that month and 1/2 between? More BW and intervals. I believe I need to step up and exercise more. During TC8 I didn't do many intervals or HIIT. I think my programs for the rest of TC9 will be centered on that. Perhaps the extra will be 6min arms or something to keep up my strength.
Best of luck to all of us in TC9! The support of the forum is instrumental. I can't thank you enough for your comments and encouragement.
Start date 9.18. Pictures and stats to follow. Concetta
Old 09-22-2010, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concetta27 View Post
Such a great song....
One, only one goal for TC9? Yes, one goal. One chin-up or pull-up.
I have NEVER done an unassisted chin or pull. I see (mostly guys) heaving themselves up to the bar and I want to do One. Myself.
In pursuit of One, I am starting with Meatheads 4x4. I will continue to eat my mostly vegan diet. I eat eggs and will not pass up my birthday cake which has eggs and diary. I try to stay away from wheat, mainly because gluten free options taste good. I need to control my portions. I believe that my diet is OK, the amount of food I eat is not. I don't stop when I should, when I am comfortably full. I have to be careful around nuts. I will chew my food slower. I will use ESE.
I was in TC8 and my stats stayed the same for the duration. Taking my stats for TC9, I did lose 1/2" in some places. What did I do in that month and 1/2 between? More BW and intervals. I believe I need to step up and exercise more. During TC8 I didn't do many intervals or HIIT. I think my programs for the rest of TC9 will be centered on that. Perhaps the extra will be 6min arms or something to keep up my strength.
Best of luck to all of us in TC9! The support of the forum is instrumental. I can't thank you enough for your comments and encouragement.
Start date 9.18. Pictures and stats to follow. Concetta
Best of luck on the chin/pull-up. I know you can do it.

You might incorporate some negatives (use a chair / bench to get in the top chin/pull position and lower yourself down as slowely as possible) into your routine if they aren't in the workouts. You can also use resistance bands to help with them, lowering the resistance periodically.

I too would love to do an unassisted chin/pull or two, and will be working toward that. I was able to do one or maybe two in high school (25 years ago), but that's it. For myself, moving 200+ pounds up and down is quite a challenge, but I'm up to the challenge as well!!
Old 09-22-2010, 11:39 AM

Great challenge!!

I've also moved towards simplifying goals and I'm hopeful it will work for me too!

Another good way to work towards full pulls ups is to use a TRX/blast straps or similar equipment if you can get your hands on it. You can gradually increase the amount of your bodyweight you are pulling upwards by changing the foot position/elevation of an exercise.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:19 PM

Terry, Chris-Thanks for the advice. There is a weight assisted apparatus at my gym that allows you to vary the amount of assistance used during pulls and chins. I am going to incorporate it into my workouts. I also plan on doing negatives, I don't think they can hurt. Concetta
Old 09-22-2010, 03:41 PM

Default catching up....

Meathead 4x4 Week 1
Monday 9.20 Workout A
1A) Narrow Stance Squat (10/12/15)
1B) Hanging Knee Raise (15)
3x 60s rest
2A) DB Reverse Lunge (12/side)
2B) Stability Ball Rollout (15)
3x 60s rest
Optional 4x40 BW Circuit-My version 4x20
3A) Bodyweight Squats (40)-20
3B) Pushups (40)-20
3C) BW Rows + Stick-ups (20/20)-10/10
3D) Mountain Climbers (20/side)
2x 60s rest
Tuesday 9.21 Workout B
1A) Military Press (8) 35lb BB
1B) Wide-Grip BB Row (12) long bar
3x 60s rest
2A) DB Chest Press (12-15) 25lb DBs 12
2B) V-grip Pullup- machine assisted pull up 40lbs 4,3,4
3x 60s rest
Optional 4x4 Ab Circuit
3A) Stability Ball Plank (45 sec)-60s
3B) X-Body MC (10/side)
3C) SB Jackknife (20)
3D) Side Plank (30 sec/side)
2x 30s rest
Wednesday 9.22 Recovery day & light exercise
Recumbent bike 15 min, L6
Machine assisted pull-up 60lbs-10
Machine assisted chin-up 60lbs-10
I am taking it easy this week, especially on Monday. I had a tooth pulled a week ago today and my mouth is still very sore. Sounds lame, but surprisingly bothersome. Next week I will to increase effort. Concetta
Old 09-22-2010, 05:29 PM

No, tooth pain is the worst When I was at the dentist last year the evil hygienist cleaned beneath my gums and didn't tell me I had mouth guts halfway up my face as I walked out in agony.

The worst part was I was going to meet my potential boss for the interview I had coming up. Thankfully, I checked my mirror in time and wiped the blood off my face, but I still couldn't talk propery!

Hope the pain goes away soon. Take some whiskey for medicinal reasons!
Old 09-22-2010, 09:22 PM

OK....I need new eyeballs. Found ya. Thanks for the link

"I either have the pain of discipline or the pain of regret...discipline weighs ounces but regret weighs tons"
Kudos to JP

Don't mind me, I just post to pad my numbers!
Old 09-23-2010, 12:05 PM

I'm right there with ya on the pullup. And yes, it's gonna be all it's cracked up to be: that amazing sensation of going up on your own power. For some unknown reason, I've been able to do some sort of pullup at sports shops. Once at Sports Authority (well, not once, as many times as I liked, actually) and another time at a used equipment store. The bars faced in, were close together, were well padded, and lower. I am super tall so it gave me an edge as I didn't start out with arms fully extended. Anyway, it was totally shocking and awesome to feel the sensation of rising. Nearly miraculous. Thought it would translate over to something useful at the gym but it hasn't. Still, that elusive goal is prominent in my mind at all times!
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 09-23-2010, 02:47 PM

Thursday 9.23 Workout C
1A) Deadlift (8) long bar + 5lb/sd
1B) DB Lateral Raise (10) 5lb DB ea
3x 60s rest
2A) Barbell Shrug (12-15) 40lb BB-12
2B) SB 1-Leg Ham Curl (10/side)
3x 60s rest
Optional 4x4 Intervals
4 minute warm-up
15 sec KB Swings 16kg
15 sec recovery
8x
4 minute cool-down
Old 09-24-2010, 01:07 PM

Friday 9.24 Workout D
1A) Close-Grip Bench Press (10) long bar-8,10,10
1B) Chin-up w Knee-up (Max) no chin 12,12,12
3x 60s rest
2A) EZ Bar Curl (8) 35lb
2B) Lying EZ Bar Tri Ext (12) 25lb
3x 30s rest
Optional 4x4 Intervals
4 minute warm-up
4x1 min intervals w 1 min off
4 minute cool-down
Versa climber
Hamstrings a bit sore, I'm sure from yesterdays 1-leg SB ham curl. Does it every time.