TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsarwani View Post
Great to have you along for TC9 Terry. I'm also a 41-year old busy dad with too flab around his mid-section so I'll be following your progress with interest.

I decided to use some fitness "benchmarks" to determine my actual physical conditioning rather than just weight and measurements and got the military fitness tests off the internet as well some as some references from Men's Health magazine. I'm going to give them a try at the end of the contest and see how fit (or otherwise!) I really am.

Best of luck to you.
Cool. I'm using the minimum guidelines for the Navy test for this contest. Next contest I'll either try to do the recommended scores or perhaps move on to the Navy Seal / Army Ranger guidelines. We'll see.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
Welcome Terry Looks like you've had a very productive first two weeks! How are you finding the fasts?
The two full (~23 hour) fasts I did last week weren't too bad. I'm going breakfast to breakfast which works out well since I work out in the mornings. Work out, eat breakfast, fast, get up next morning, work out, eat breakfast. This way, I'm always able to get post workout nutrition.

I get a bit hungry at lunch but am able to deal with it with just drinking plenty of water and tea. Supper can be a bit harder, depending on how busy I am. After that, it's on to bed so I don't have to worry about the last 6-8 hours of the fast.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettywantsabs View Post
Hi Terry, good luck with your goals, going by your progress so far you're going to have an awesome transformation! Well done on your weight loss, that is a great figure. Everyone seems to be talking about ESE, I don't know how you guys do it, I will need to give it a go one day..... Good luck on the contest, cheers, Betty
I found ESE (at least the first two go arounds) to be very doable. Much easier if you can stay busy vs. having some downtime when you want to snack...

Thanks for the feedback and encouragement.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:36 PM

Default Goal for plank

Does anyone have any thoughts on a good goal for plank duration over the next 10 weeks? I can currently get close to 45 seconds and was curious as to what I should shoot for between now and the end of the contest?

Thanks.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:53 PM

Default Whey protein

Does anyone have a specific brand recommendation for whey protein? I typically drink milk / choc milk after my morning workouts and thought I might add a bit of protein since I need to boost my intake a bit.

Thanks.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinFit View Post
Does anyone have a specific brand recommendation for whey protein? I typically drink milk / choc milk after my morning workouts and thought I might add a bit of protein since I need to boost my intake a bit.

Thanks.
Guy stuff on http://www.maximuscle.com Promax (or Cyclone this has creatine too)

Seen as I'm a girl and I like nice looking tubs/shaker I use their girly range at http://www.maxitone.com I use the Definity range

They also do a range aimed at weightloss, Promax Diet (men), and Sculptress (ladies )

Have tons of lovely flavours too, I love banana - nice and sweet Cheers, Betty

“What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?”

“Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.”

“Just do it.”

My Blog: http://bodybybetty.co.uk
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/sixpackbetty
My Workout Journal: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=11481
Old 09-22-2010, 04:19 AM

Smile

Hi Terry

welcome aboard as they say! sounds like you are off to a roaring start, well done on your past weight loss too. Have you done ESE before? if so how did you find it?

I am really interested in doing it, but really need to know a bit more about it I think.

Keep us updated with your progress

cheers for now Katie
Old 09-22-2010, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Hi Terry

welcome aboard as they say! sounds like you are off to a roaring start, well done on your past weight loss too. Have you done ESE before? if so how did you find it?

I am really interested in doing it, but really need to know a bit more about it I think.

Keep us updated with your progress

cheers for now Katie
I have not done ESE in the past. I did it twice last week and just finished another fast this morning (first for this week). My plan is to do this a few weeks, then perhaps try juice fasting during the second four week period to see how it compares. I'll still get a great calorie deficit with the juice fast, but I'm not sure about the impact on insulin / fat burn during the fast. I suspect I'll be giving up a little fat loss but less hunger. That said, the hunger hasn't been too bad. I'm a little hungry at lunch and supper, but that's about it. Interestingly enough, I'm not even hungry when I wake up in the morning (around hour 22-23 of the fast).

I havn't read the ESE diet book, so am just going on notes / tips from the forums.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:44 AM

Hi Terry,

I'm a late starter and just around to visiting some other TT#9 companions. I'm looking at mainly bodyweight stuff too.

Well done on your progress so far and good luck in the weeks ahead!
Old 09-26-2010, 03:40 PM

Default Week 3

Had what I'd call a fair week, but still pleased. Lost another 3 lbs for a total of 9, so still ahead of goal. Several eating out meals at work and a couple extra cheats...2 days of ESE may have saved the overall calorie count. Energy levels are down by mid week (making it hard to do the at home BW workouts early in the morning), so plan to shift to either Big 5 or Big 6 for week 4. I don't seem to have a problem if I get up and head straight to the gym. Here's some details:

Day 15 – 9/20
6 mo BW manual, phase 1 – A. 3 circuits

Day 16 – 9/21
Run/walk 38’ total on treadmill, 3.03 miles, 333 calories
-- 4’ warm up
-- 5.2 mph / 3.5 mph x 1
-- 5.7 mph / 3.5 mph x 7
-- 2’ cool down
-- bumped run speed from 5.6 to 5.7 and added one interval
-- max HR 160 on final interval

Started 24 hour fast after breakfast

Day 17 – 9/22
Finished my third ESE fast. Got to bed a little last the night before, and very tired in the morning and a tad sore, so slept in. Kids activities and meetings until after 10p in the evening, so this was an off day for me.

Day 18 – 9/23
Started another ESE fast.

Again, tired like the day before but determined to not miss today. Did an abbreviated BW workout consisting of two circuits of BW squats (20), pushups (20), walking lunges (20), BW rows (20), and plank (30).

Stationary bike intervals. 7 intervals (60/60), 15’ total, bumped up to level 8 setting.

Felt very good after workout. Glad I fought though the desire to sleep in again!

Day 19 – 9/24

Another sleep in day – need to make sure this doesn’t become a habit. Once mid week gets here, I seem to be having some motivation issues kicking off the BW circuits at home. Thinking about shifting to Big 5 or Big 6 next week. Actually easier for me to get up and head straight to the gym…by the time I get there I’m always in the mood.

Walked a half hour at lunch.

Ate pretty good. Breakfast – cereal w/walnuts & skim milk; Snack – light yogurt; Lunch – low sodium chicken and cheese, (2) low sodium V-8’s; Snack – 20 almonds; Supper –

Run/walk 3 miles. 3’ run / 1’ walk intervals. Hit 2.2 mile marker at 24:15 vs. 25:30 prior week and 30:00 week 1. However, didn’t warm up properly and pushed a bit too hard at the end so slight strain of Achilles / calves. Sure wish that Craig had stressed the importance of warming up a bit more. Joking of course. Lesson learned.

Day 20 – 9/25

Achilles / calves still sore but not too bad.

BW 200 Challenge (x 2)
Actually performed two circuits again. 1st – 7:33; 2:00 rest; 2nd 9:12; total time 18:46 (last week’s times were 8:15; 2:00; 11:30; total 21:45, so overall improvement of 3’). Inverted rows instead of pullups and chins. Pushups could have a better range of motion. However, very proud of the progress.

Day 21 – 9/26

Rest
Weight 241 ( -3 week; -9 total)

Last edited by GettinFit : 09-26-2010 at 07:06 PM.