TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2010, 07:23 AM

Wow that's really great you cut out junk completely. And congrats on completing the fast.

If I eat nuts I weigh them out then put them in tupperware and take them to work, that means I can only eat x calories worth. They are so easy to nibble away on if you have a big bag...
Old 10-04-2010, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Hi Heather,

Well done on 2 ESE's that's great work and avoiding junk afterwards, hat's off to you.

With the nuts, I know count out 10 nuts (as Naomi suggested, and originally suggested by Catherine - see advice gets passed on here!). I put the 10 nuts in a little plastic zip lock bag and put them in my handbag to take to work. That's then, when they have gone, I can't eat any more, I know 10 does not seem like many, but honestly those 10 nuts really fill me up.

I also had some cashew nuts in a stir fry the other night as I did't have any chicken and it was yummy, again I counted out the nuts, so I knew exactly how many I had had.

Your workouts sound great, I am still not sure what to do after TTK6, I was reading Catherine's posts and am tempted to do Meatheads, or another one she recommended, just cant' remembmer, but I know the HCBD has also had rave reviews! Decisions, Decsions!

Keep up the great work, sounds like you are doing fabulous and are going to look stunning at the end of your 12 weeks.

ps hope you got your lie in. We managed on on FRiday and the boys even bought us breakfast in bed, only a slice of toast, but they brought me grainy bread and just a little bit of butter, bless them Mind you my boys are a bit older than yours, |I am sure you will be happy with a lie in for now
Hi Katie,

I actually managed to get about 9 - 10 hours of sleep both Friday and Saturday nights! Amazing! So of course, here I am at 11:00 on Sunday night and I need to get up before 6 am tomorrow. But it was a very busy Sunday and there's just so much to do after the kids go to bed (and I was determined to stop in here and post).

I've been better w/ the nuts the past few days. Sometimes self-awareness is all I need.

I'm tempted to do a Meatheads workout, too. Although there are some others I was looking at - it's up in the air right now. I just need to decide before next Sunday...

Old 10-04-2010, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
Wow that's really great you cut out junk completely. And congrats on completing the fast.

If I eat nuts I weigh them out then put them in tupperware and take them to work, that means I can only eat x calories worth. They are so easy to nibble away on if you have a big bag...

Thanks for popping in, weetmaclan (sorry, I agree w/ Melody, you're NOT Clare! ). The problem is that I have a bag of nuts at work. It was supposed to be for convenience. Well, now I'm just going to limit myself to one nut snack per day and all will be good. They're tempting and delicious, but they don't quite have the same draw as if I had a bag of candy in my office at work. Then self-control would not be enough!

Old 10-04-2010, 12:18 AM

Week 4 of contest began yesterday...

My husband checked my shoulder measurements and he got 41.5 inches. I measured 41. I guess the key is that it has increased by an inch or more! I'm used to measurements only going down, so this is a new one for me. Of course, I didn't do shoulder measurements last contest, so who knows.

My plan this week is to use ESE Monday evening to Tuesday evening. I wanted to use it Sunday to Monday evening, but have a meeting to go to tomorrow and there's a lunch there - so I figured it would be easier all around to begin the fast after dinner. I don't want to burn out on ESE, so while I'd like to do one Thurs night to Fri night like last week (I just can't do them on the weekends!), it may be too quick of a turnaround. I'll have to see how I feel on Thursday.

I did workout A from BDHC today. It was awesome. I did all 10 of the ab pikes for all 3 sets - a first (and I guess a last, since that was the last time for this workout...)! I added extra stability ball roll-outs on the last superset, since they seemed so easy. And the running was fun - it's cool here tonight (below 60F) so that was nice. I was trying to pay attention to my HR after running each interval since I saw in another thread something about your HR returning to 120 or less between intervals. I hadn't seen anything like this from Craig before, but then coincidentally I saw in one of the programs I was looking at that Craig actually mentions something about resting until HR drops to 130, I think it was. Anyway, it was a fun thing to add to my intervals and kept my mind off of how many I had left to do.

Old 10-04-2010, 12:36 AM

That is so cool that your shoulder measurement went up Heather, that's a big part of what gives you the X shaped body that is the ideal to so many. One of the guys in the show today wad telling me that he loves shoulders on a woman. (The show is set in the 1940's, so shoulder pads are in.) Gee, I assume he meant nicely developed shoulders, not small sloping shoulders..., or heaven forbid no shoulders at all...
Old 10-04-2010, 07:40 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
Week 4 of contest began yesterday...

My husband checked my shoulder measurements and he got 41.5 inches. I measured 41. I guess the key is that it has increased by an inch or more! I'm used to measurements only going down, so this is a new one for me. Of course, I didn't do shoulder measurements last contest, so who knows.

My plan this week is to use ESE Monday evening to Tuesday evening. I wanted to use it Sunday to Monday evening, but have a meeting to go to tomorrow and there's a lunch there - so I figured it would be easier all around to begin the fast after dinner. I don't want to burn out on ESE, so while I'd like to do one Thurs night to Fri night like last week (I just can't do them on the weekends!), it may be too quick of a turnaround. I'll have to see how I feel on Thursday.

I did workout A from BDHC today. It was awesome. I did all 10 of the ab pikes for all 3 sets - a first (and I guess a last, since that was the last time for this workout...)! I added extra stability ball roll-outs on the last superset, since they seemed so easy. And the running was fun - it's cool here tonight (below 60F) so that was nice. I was trying to pay attention to my HR after running each interval since I saw in another thread something about your HR returning to 120 or less between intervals. I hadn't seen anything like this from Craig before, but then coincidentally I saw in one of the programs I was looking at that Craig actually mentions something about resting until HR drops to 130, I think it was. Anyway, it was a fun thing to add to my intervals and kept my mind off of how many I had left to do.
Hi Heather

I am interested how you measure your shoulders? do you just put the tape measure round them both, ? I have never thought of measuring my shoulders, but I swear mine are getting huge, I can really feel them getting bigger, think it's all those pullups and incline rows from TTK5. I have a tendency to build muslce quite quickly , so not sure if I am happy about this or not, as I would like to be losing some more fat. I think I am beginning to look bulky now and I am only short, so not sure this looks good on me.

well done on the fasts, I am doing one today, never quite sure when to start them, the last 2 I have started after evening meal night before, so last ate at 6pm last night, will have my dinner again 6pm tonight. Was wondering if starting after breakfast would be better, but feel like I am missing too many meals, although it's not any different, just I enjoy my dinner!

Keep up the great work, let us know what workout you do next. I have moved onto TTK6, just done workout A and looking forward to the total body ten part, that looks hard!

Cheers for now Katie
Old 10-05-2010, 12:31 PM

Night time - the worst time to deal with cravings. I know if I can get through the evening on a fast, that 99% of the time, I will get through the fast. Last night I tried to talk myself out of beginning my fast - I thought I'd wait until today after lunch. I just wanted a green smoothie. But I rode through it and here I am 16 hours later, no problem. The only way I convinced myself to forgo the smoothie was by thinking about how I want to do another fast from Thurs to Fri and if I waited to start this fast until lunch the following day, I'd end up canceling the 2nd fast. Sticking to my goals was what got me through.

There's only one evening where we don't have something going on this week (and that's not a workout night), so we will be up late doing workouts this week. Tonight is a workout night - B of BDHC - excited for it, so definitely won't miss it! (In fact, the only time I've ever missed a TT workout was the week before the contest when I was soooo exhausted that I just had to sleep!).

Old 10-05-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
That is so cool that your shoulder measurement went up Heather, that's a big part of what gives you the X shaped body that is the ideal to so many. One of the guys in the show today wad telling me that he loves shoulders on a woman. (The show is set in the 1940's, so shoulder pads are in.) Gee, I assume he meant nicely developed shoulders, not small sloping shoulders..., or heaven forbid no shoulders at all...
Funny you say this. After taking measurements, I got a glimpse the next day in the mirror and thought for sure that I had mis-measured my waist - it looked smaller. I checked and no, no change there. A wonderful optical illusion brought on by the enhanced shoulders, I guess! It's made me realized that I definitely have the right goal in wanting to build back & shoulders. I'm keeping this in mind as I try to choose my next workout.

Yes, Katie - when I make my choice, I'll post it here. I'm downloading several to go through!

Old 10-05-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
Funny you say this. After taking measurements, I got a glimpse the next day in the mirror and thought for sure that I had mis-measured my waist - it looked smaller. I checked and no, no change there. A wonderful optical illusion brought on by the enhanced shoulders, I guess! It's made me realized that I definitely have the right goal in wanting to build back & shoulders. I'm keeping this in mind as I try to choose my next workout.

Yes, Katie - when I make my choice, I'll post it here. I'm downloading several to go through!
Hi Heather

I suppose I never thought about making your shoulders bigger will make your waist look smaller! that has to be a bonus, maybe big shoulders is not so bad after all! Before my baby days and putting on the weight, I did have that sort of Y shape, with wide shoulders, small waist and hips so maybe there is hope I will get that back!

good luck with choosing another workout, still not sure what to do after the TTK6, will take a look at the HCBD, but I really like the interval training that you get with the TTK so looking for something that has that too.

keep up the great work, reckon you are going to rock this contest
Old 10-05-2010, 06:35 PM

It's true about the shoulders! Somewhere during the last contest, I posted a photo and everyone was saying my waist was "tiny". It was around 29"-30" at the time and I was not thinking it was so tiny.
My TT#9 contest thread