TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2010, 09:36 PM

Thursday, 30 September 2010
Day 61 of 365, 22 days of fighting out of 75 goal
Day 13 of 84 of TC 9

I was back in the gym today around 5:15 after my Daughter’s swim practice. I wanted to go home and nap but once I got onto the floor I hit my stride and I enjoyed the workout.

I am disappointed in myself for dropping so much strength in August and the first part of September. On the weekend I told my Meathead friend, Alisa, not to let me do that again. She is looking forward to nagging me next July and August to keep at my workouts.

Day 2 – Workout B

1A) Military Press – 3x8 (2-0-1) 12, 8 & 8 @ 70
1B) Wide-Grip Barbell Row – 3x12 (2-0-1)
12, 12 & 8 @ 70
• Rest 1 minute and repeat 2 more times.

2A) DB Chest Press – 3x12-15 (2-0-1) 10, 12 & 6 @ 55
2B) V-grip Pullup – 3 sets going 1 rep short of failure (2-0-1) 2, 2,2 (regular pull-ups – pathetic)
• Rest 1 minute and repeat 2 more times.

Optional 4x4 Ab Circuit I did two circuits a outlined unless otherwise noted
3A) Stability Ball Plank – 45 seconds
3B) X-Body Mountain Climber – 10 per side
3C) Stability Ball Jackknife – 20 reps (1-0-1) tired out at 10 & 12
3D) Side Plank – 30 seconds per side
• Rest 1 minute and repeat 1 more time.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:44 PM

You sound strong to me! Keep it up, you motivate me!
Old 10-01-2010, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbrown View Post
You sound strong to me! Keep it up, you motivate me!
Thanks. I am pleased to help motivate you.

Regarding strength I find it is all relative. I was lifting heavier weights 2 months ago so I measure myself that against those numbers.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:52 PM

Short update as I have again fallen behind and I need to get to bed.

I continue to do my TT 4 x 4 workouts. I am getting stronger.

I did workout C & D on Friday and Saturday of last week.

I was suppose to fight on Sunday but no one showed up. Disappointing.

Monday was an early day into the gym as I had a business trip to Chicago. It was the beginning of my third week of doing TT 4 x 4. I fasted Monday during my trip ending my fast about 2 hours early.

I got a poor night's sleep on Sunday night and I was tired. I find fasting more difficult to do when I am tired.

Monday night was a business dinner with too much food and booze. I need a few solutions for that problem.

Tuesday (today) was suppose to be a lifting day but I came down with acid reflux and that kept me at the hotel in the evening. I recovered enough to walk over to the gym her in Joilet, IL. It has a huge free weight area. The round trip walk is a brisk 20 minutes. I have prepared for tomorrow to go over to the gym first thing and work out.

One benefit of being sick was that I avoided another business dinner and I got some work done in my room.

Each time I go into the gym I am increasing my weight or reps or in one case my range of motion. It is important to get better everyday.

Well there. That is enough for now.

Last edited by larmer : 10-06-2010 at 12:01 AM.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:38 PM

Wednesday, 06 October 2010
Day 67 of 365, 22 days of fighting out of 75 goal
Day 19 of 84 of TC 9

I worked out but decided to skip the cold walk to the gym and use the hotel gym. I did the TT 4 x 4 ‘B’ workout. It is an upper body work and I was able to do 3 of the four exercises using the dumbbells in the hotel gym. The Hampton chain is nice in that the gyms have benches and a dumbbell rack with weights up to 50 lbs. I had to modify my work out a bit but it felt good. It certainly saved me time.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:37 PM

Thursday, 21 October 2010

82 of 365,
23 days of fighting out of 75 goal
Day 34 of 84 of TC 9

It has been two weeks since I have posted so you may have thought that I died but I am still here.

I just finished TT 4 x 4 Meatheads today making personal records in the gym on Deadlift (8 @ 205) and barbell shrug (12 @ 145)

I am almost a week behind on my program due to business travel and getting a cold. These obstacles have also affected my fighting routine.

On Canadian Thanksgiving Sunday I did not have my usual fight practice at home. So I grabbed a friend and drove through to Detroit for their fight practice which is held on a Sunday too. This involved about a 5-hour drive there so we went the night before hand and stayed with a friend.

Sunday was a beautiful day for an outdoor fight practice and I spent 4 hours in armour. The practice includes some of the best instructors in North America so it is great training. I got some fundamental errors corrected. Unfortunately I have not had a chance to practice these lessons.

After so much fighting I had a long drive home so it was a long and tiring day. The week before had been a grueling business trip so I ended up being overtired. I went to the gym the next day and I could not lift properly so I came home. I managed not too eat too much at Thanksgiving Monday dinner.

I had another busy week and developed a cold which kept me out of the gym for a few days. It also messed up my nutrition with me eating too much and not being able to fast. Fortunately that cold is pretty well over and I have been back to the gym.

I have regained my strength and then some which pleases me. I see more definition in my abs. My objective is to get a six pack. Tomorrow I will get some fresh measurements and a set of photos. I am not sure if I will enter the 6 week contest We will see.

At this rate I will fail but the journey to have a six pack but I will be successful in that I will be stronger and lean. I finished a 24 hour fast today and I am planning my attack for the next program. I think I will be doing Buff Dudes and Hot Chicks as my next program. Also hopefully three fight practices next week.

So I am still here just had a bit of a set back.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:21 AM

Glad to have you back And we all get setbacks - the important thing is to get back on the ole horse and keep plugging away
Old 10-23-2010, 07:36 AM

Friday, 22 October 2010
83 of 365, 23 days of fighting out of 75 goal
Day 35 of 84 of TC 9

I struggled through parts of today after having a poor night’s sleep. My body decided to wake me up around 4 am and I could not get back to sleep. The end result was that I did limited exercise today.

I did some pell work (hitting a wooden post with my wooden sword) and a few sets of kettlebell exercises on the back deck.

My cold is still hanging around. On Saturday I am going to New Hamburg (in the country where Craig Ballantyne grew up) for a medieval tournament. I am not fighting it. There is a special practice that I should participate in afterwards but I might not due to this cold. My gym will be closed By the time I get home. To my disappointment that will be another day without lifting weights.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:51 PM

Hi Andrew, Although I risk sounding like a broken record, it was the combination of TT Adrenaline, followed by Meatheads 4X4 that got my abs to show. Around that time I was busy with the happy stress of being in a show, so my eating would go off track and I wasn't able to stay below 120lbs, which is the weight where my abs come out of hiding. I'm going to share something with you from the world of dance. (You may already know this, but I think it bears repeating.) Your body takes on the shape you work it in. Before you perform any movement, mentally "zip" up your abs. This is different than sucking your stomach in. Pretend you're zipping up a tight jacket and you should understand what I mean. Then, do not do any movement that causes you to lose this shape. I don't care if it's a deadlift or a dumb bell row, if you can't maintain this contraction you must stop and rest. I'm afraid you also have to consider whether your abs are staying zipped while you fight. Near the end of a bout when you're really tired do you let those abs go so that you can swing that sword one more time? The body wants to do what we ask, but we must be crystal clear. Also visualize. Think of it as downloading the software of what you want to the hardware of your body. I do so enjoy the esoteric stuff.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:36 PM

Catherine thanks for the great advice. I will have to work on that practice.

BTW it fits in with some material I read a few years ago in Men's Health about always engaging the core and maintaining perfect form. Good stuff.

Last edited by larmer : 10-23-2010 at 09:58 PM. Reason: added material