TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobB View Post
YIKES!!!! I wake up early every day, so the 4:40 is no problem for me......sounds like you have your hands full, but if you schedule your workouts ( like a doctor appt ), you will likely stick to them........??
LOL, that's about what time I get up too.

Yay Debbie - great job getting up and getting in that workout!! Feel free to vent anytime! Hope you find out what's going on with your doggy.

"Eating crappy food is not a reward - it's a punishment."
~Drew Carey
Old 09-21-2010, 10:04 AM

Thanks you guys!

Just heard from the vet actually. She has a urinary tract infection. I'll pick up the anti-biotics later and hopefully she'll recover and let me sleep. Seriously, yesterday, she pee'd about 20 times between 3:30 pm and 1:00 am. Mostly when she was sleeping. THank goodness for wee-wee pads! By the way, if you ever have to use diapers for your dog, DON'T even bother with the doggie diapers. THey're horrible. I use Luv's and cut a hole for the tail.

She got me up early again today. This is a cloud with a silver lining. I went to the gym after taking care of her and did 30 min. on the elliptical.

By the way- my workouts are always scheduled. Sometimes it's hard to get out of bed. Most especially when you are not sleeping thru the night. Let's hope the antibiotics work for her sake and mine.

Just a side note- this challenge I am starting at a differnt point than I usually do. Usually I allow myself backslide between challenges. My goal from last challenge was to NOT let that happen. And, I met that goal!! Last challenge I started at about 138 pounds. This challenge I started at 134 and am now 133. Doesn't sound like much but it really is to me. It means I've conquered a few demons.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:05 AM

That is great progress Debbie........
Hope all goes with the dog, poor little thing.......

Cheers
Ma
Old 09-21-2010, 06:42 PM

Hope your doggie is feeling better!
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 09-22-2010, 09:02 AM

Sounds like your doggy is on the mend!

Congratulations on "not backsliding" between contests! That one always haunts me as well, but this time I also was happy with my between contest efforts!

"Eating crappy food is not a reward - it's a punishment."
~Drew Carey
Old 09-22-2010, 10:40 AM

I think she is on the mend too! Maybe it's my imagination but after only one dose she looked much better this morning. So, even though I'm totally realistic about her life span, which has far exceeded what I thought, I'm hoping she'll continue to feel better. She has looked like "the end" lately and this morning she didn't look like that. Of course, I could get home today and find the end has come. Que sera, sera. Don't know if I spelled that right but that's my attitude. She's had a long, good life.

I had a killer workout this morning! And can I ask??? Shuttle Runs?? Didn't they used to be called SUICIDES? I mean, that's what I remember from high school. I was sucking wind today. Holy cow. I had to rest longer than 40 sec. on one of them. We have an indoor track and people in there were looking at me like I was from Mars. Nobody does stuff like TT there.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:52 AM

Hi Debbie,

My 11 year old daughter is just off to a new school and I can understand something of the difficulties you may be having. Sorry to hear about your dog and I hope you get some positives from the antibiotics.

Craig would tell you that one of the best predictors of success in your transformation will be social support. From what you've told us already, you have had little of it so far from home. However, the forum here is a great community and will help and support you all the way.

BTW I'm also frequently up at 4.30 but only because I'm working night shift - the only way you get me up that early is by putting me in a different time zone!!
Old 09-22-2010, 11:01 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieD View Post

I had a killer workout this morning! And can I ask??? Shuttle Runs?? Didn't they used to be called SUICIDES? I mean, that's what I remember from high school. I was sucking wind today. Holy cow. I had to rest longer than 40 sec. on one of them. We have an indoor track and people in there were looking at me like I was from Mars. Nobody does stuff like TT there.

You're right, we used to call them Suicides!! We had to run them all the time in high school for basketball. I did SUICIDES this morning as well. Did a total of 8 intervals, but after the 5th one, my rest time got longer and longer. Great job!! And you're right, sometimes we feel like we have two heads when there are other folks around.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:19 PM

It's a funny thing about the 'support at home'- I met my husband...in a gym!! I have been weight training since I was 23, met him at 25 and now I am almost 49. The only time I really didn't weight train was when I took up running for about a year or two. So, anyway, he KNOWS I'm not going to stop training. By the way, it was during my time running that I somehow lost muscle and gained 8 lbs. I'm sure I gained more than 8 lbs. of fat because I had a good amount of muscle which I have regained almost totally. Still dealing with the fat issue.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:39 PM

9/23/10

My pants are falling down a little bit today.