TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2010, 09:20 PM

I like your idea about sharing the experience with other people. You are right that there are so many people who are trying to lose but they don't know how to do it. The experts have all the answers but, many of the experts were fit from the beginning and cannot relate to being overweight or going on a weight loss program. Stories of the success of real people are inspiring and need to be told.

And I also really agree with what the workouts can do for your mindset. I really enjoy the workouts, I get excited on my off days to work out the next day. I like getting stronger, I like making progress. I would hate to make some bad nutrition choices only to ruin my progress. I eat well when Its not a workout day to refuel for workout days. Nutrition is the major factor in weight loss so they say, but working out with tt gives me motivation to practice great nutrition, motivation I might not have if not for working out.

Making a bad food choice is an excuse for not eating healthy, and I think letting go of excuses removes the shackles that hold us down.

You cannot plow a field by turning it over in your mind.~Unknown
Old 09-23-2010, 11:01 AM

46 is an especially gorgeous age, doncha think?
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 09-26-2010, 10:45 AM

I would have agreed last week but now.........

I've got to say that 47 is the new 46!!!
Old 09-26-2010, 11:30 PM

Ha! I love how checking this forum brightens my day. For the past few days my deep thoughts have been swirling about in the "what's it all about" part of my brain. I picture a woman my age climbing a mountain in Nepal, reaching the guru at the top, and when he asks if she wants to know the meaning of life she says, "No thanks, just tell me how to lose the last ten pounds." Why is this so important? Well, I was reading "Ode on a Grecian Urn" again trying to wrap my brain around what Keats was talking about when he wrote, "Beauty is truth, truth beauty,- that is all ye know on earth and all ye need to know." So what I'm really after in the gym, and when I eat is Truth. I want to look in the mirror and say, "Yes, that is who I am." Then, possessing the profound peace of mind this will give me, I will go out into the world to live and work in perfect contentment. Hmm, ok here's the deal. The two essential questions we must answer when it comes to physical transformation are, One- How do I get myself into the gym?, and Two, how do I get myself up from the table? All of us here at TT have access to the very best information when is comes to what to eat and what to do in the gym. The great mystery is how to keep moving and eating right over time. Believe me, I've been thinking harder than Winnie the Pooh over these questions and the answers are forming. Right now my answers are pleasure and satisfaction. Your workout needs to be a pleasure. I'm doing Meatheads 4x4 right now, and it's amazing how much progress I've made without ever having to go to a place where I'm working so hard it isn't fun anymore. In any given set, there are only one or two reps that are really a challenge, and every time I put a pair of dumb bells back on the rack I get such a good feeling. It is a feeling of mastery, a sense of rightness and confidence and well being that I used to only find on stage or on the dance floor. Ten years ago when I found out I was expecting, I think I was terrified that the self absorbed woman I used the be was going to be a terrible wife and mother, so I gave up everything I used to be and do and I buried her. Both my husband and my son deserve a profound apology because neither of them ever asked me to do anything of the kind. What was it about TT that finally brought me out from under that depressing delusion? I will return to this later, as it is time to put Colin to bed. This great news is that I do have my figure and my work back, and I'm still a good wife and mother. Hooray! So the question I want to ask you is, "What are you hiding under there?"
Old 09-27-2010, 09:24 AM

I love it, Catherine! Your posts are always so much fun to read (and so thought provoking)!

Old 09-27-2010, 12:29 PM

I am left hanging! More, please! I am becoming more self-centered for sure, but hopefully not in a bad way. How can you do a transformation and not be otherwise? And yet....well, go on, please. I've got my tea brewing.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 09-27-2010, 10:42 PM

Hi Catherine, thanks for all the "food for thought"!

"Eating crappy food is not a reward - it's a punishment."
~Drew Carey
Old 09-27-2010, 10:58 PM

Catherine, you are one amazing woman. I would sooooo love to meet you in person one day

I've been asking the same question, as to what am I REALLY doing this for. In one of the audios I listened to recently, it was asking to go beyond the first answer, as in,,, 'I want to look and feel better' to, 'OK, WHY do you want to look and feel better?,,, and then keep asking until the REAL reason/s came to the fore-front.

Loving Life, People, and our Amazing Creator.

My TT Blog/Thread - http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=7224
Old 09-27-2010, 11:32 PM

Hi everybody, believe me there is more to come, but I've had to catch up with my chores! Right now I will say that the big conflict for women is that we're constantly bombarded with the message that our looks are the key to our fulfillment. Not true! But what is true is that health and well being are beautiful, but then beauty gets mixed up with vanity and guilt and self consciousness get mixed in and then it all gets so confusing. Eating is one activity that can make the confusion go away for a while. I believe that what we are all doing, in our own unique fashion, here at TT is getting to the essential healthy self. Once we get our feet firmly on that road, all of the energy that was being siphoned off by self consciousness can be turned toward whatever we want to create in the world. Just look at what Craig is able to achieve every day. It freaks me out a little!
Old 09-28-2010, 04:32 PM

Keep talking! When you can, of course! I'm meant to be wiping kitchen counters even as I type....
My TT#9 contest thread