TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Hey everybody! Yep, this contest is gonna be a good one, I can feel it. I can already feel Meatheads 4x4 working its magic. I was out of the gym in 35 minutes this morning, probably because I could only do 4 sprint intervals. What is the magic of M4X4? It hits the right balance between fun and effort. I admit it, I love to stand in front of the mirror at the the gym and see my muscles working. That's why lateral raises are so fun, you should see my arms and shoulders! Is it vanity, or simple delight in being able to do something well? Then I turn to something in the routine that I'm not as advanced at, and that pushes my boundaries and points me toward the next level. I can't believe the results I'm getting with relatively light weights. For example I was doing the lateral dumb bell raises with 7.5lb dumb bells. I've been on the high side the last few days on calories, but I feel great and I'm going to stick close to 1300 calories with lots of greens for the rest of the week. This is opening weekend of the play I'm in, so I'm heading off to eat and then do the matinee. I look forward to visiting everyone's threads for tips and inspiration, go team!
I gawk at myself in the mirror all the time at the gym - especially like seeing my calves when doing a lunge. They look all muscly! (when standing, they look all flabby, so it's a real treat!)

Good luck with the play
Old 09-13-2010, 01:37 PM

Yes, the mirror helps!
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 09-15-2010, 08:21 PM

Wow, there is so much good stuff to read on the forums these days it's hard to tear myself away to post. Meatheads 4X4 is still fab, and I used my new speed rope for the intervals yesterday. Boy does it hurt when you hit yourself with that steel cable. Luckily I only did it once. Nutrition is coming into line nicely with lots of veg and fruits. Just now I was toying with the idea of having some nuts, but I hopped on line instead as nuts were not part of the plan for the day. I highly recommend the forums as a pleasant distraction from unhelpful food. Some very good news is that I booked the venue for my one woman show about this amazing journey of transformation. It's the great room of our local small semi-professional theatre. It's beautifully decorated in a kind of jazz club meets coffeehouse style, and it has a small stage. It seats 60 comfortably, so I'll be filling many of the seats with friends and family. The date is November 17, right between the mini contest and the end of TT Transformation 9. We'll be booking the video and sound people in the next few days, and I'll be booking the photographer who does the publicity shots for our local theatre companies. I was listening to an interview that Craig did with Jennifer Nicole Lee and she suggested a photo shoot as both an incentive and a reward. I certainly hope that everyone in this contest will consider recording their experience with body transformation in some way. Even if it's just saving your pictures, posts, and essays in a binder. There are so many people wondering how to change, and most of the information available is from fitness professionals, not regular people who want to learn how to get vibrantly fit within the boundaries of their busy lives. Of course, I could never have achieved what I have without the tools I learned from Craig, but we need to tell our stories in order to help people believe that permanent change is possible. So, here I go stepping out on the end of a brand new diving board and getting ready to jump into a somewhat scary but inviting pool. Oh Boy!
Old 09-15-2010, 08:34 PM

That is so cool! And yes, I totally agree about being loud and proud of what we're doing here! I was watching my daughter's first gymnastics competition and it was in-house so seats were along the edge of a long trampoline. At one point, I looked at all the over 100 backsides sat in front of me and there was only one that was thin. Just one. I want to grab people by the shoulders and look them in the eye and tell them what I've done and that they can do it too. And how to do it! But I am not quite that in their faces! I love how you're using your talents to bring this critical message to more people.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 09-15-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestme View Post
That is so cool! And yes, I totally agree about being loud and proud of what we're doing here! I was watching my daughter's first gymnastics competition and it was in-house so seats were along the edge of a long trampoline. At one point, I looked at all the over 100 backsides sat in front of me and there was only one that was thin. Just one. I want to grab people by the shoulders and look them in the eye and tell them what I've done and that they can do it too. And how to do it! But I am not quite that in their faces! I love how you're using your talents to bring this critical message to more people.
Right on Naomi. Not only is the message about transforming, but people need to know that change is possible long term, and that living healthy is a blast. On any given day I'm having the most fun I've had since I was a kid, and from what I read of your posts, your enthusiasm for life has certainly rushed to the fore. The big barrier in my opinion is that people think that a healthy lifestyle is bland and painful. So so very wrong!
Old 09-15-2010, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Right on Naomi. Not only is the message about transforming, but people need to know that change is possible long term, and that living healthy is a blast. On any given day I'm having the most fun I've had since I was a kid, and from what I read of your posts, your enthusiasm for life has certainly rushed to the fore. The big barrier in my opinion is that people think that a healthy lifestyle is bland and painful. So so very wrong!
It's totally true. I've pulled myself out of the worst depression imaginable after a really horrible event. It's good to be alive again! And I remember feeling this way before. It's totally linked to fitness for me. So I assume it always will be.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 09-17-2010, 07:28 AM

Smile great reading

Hi Catherine

just been reading through your posts. You have such a great outlook and I am sure your evening will be fabulous. You have some amazing results, I have looked through the previous contest winners and seen you in there a few times, honestly you look wonderful.

It's funny as I think it's one of your first before photos, I looked at thought that lady has the same shape body as me, then looked at your after photos and thought Wow , crikey if she can do it then so can I. She looks fantastic!

I pulled out of the last contest due to ill health, but I am really wanting to hang on in here for this one. Reading the forum really helps keep me focused it's hard to make the time sometimes to get on here, but it's so worth the effort.

I love the discussions that are going on here and reading your's and Naomis thoughs is really inspiriationl.

Please keep the dialogue going, it's so good for the heart! It's keep me focused and inspired.

Do you log your food anywhere or just write it down at home?#

What has been your food plan? have you followed ESE?

I am really keen to find out what worked for people, as am still trying to find what's going to work for me. I tend to get in the mindset, I am on a diet and then think that's something I can come off, as a result I put the weight back on . I also lose confidence that I can actually do it, especially when things dont happen as quickly as I would like!

How much weight have you lost from start to finish?

I am still working through the TT fat loss manual and am up to TTK5, so just have TTk6 to go then I will pick another workout. Is there any you woudl recommend for someone who is at my stage in TT?

thanks for your help

Cheers Katie
Old 09-17-2010, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Wow, there is so much good stuff to read on the forums these days it's hard to tear myself away to post. Meatheads 4X4 is still fab, and I used my new speed rope for the intervals yesterday. Boy does it hurt when you hit yourself with that steel cable. Luckily I only did it once. Nutrition is coming into line nicely with lots of veg and fruits. Just now I was toying with the idea of having some nuts, but I hopped on line instead as nuts were not part of the plan for the day. I highly recommend the forums as a pleasant distraction from unhelpful food. Some very good news is that I booked the venue for my one woman show about this amazing journey of transformation. It's the great room of our local small semi-professional theatre. It's beautifully decorated in a kind of jazz club meets coffeehouse style, and it has a small stage. It seats 60 comfortably, so I'll be filling many of the seats with friends and family. The date is November 17, right between the mini contest and the end of TT Transformation 9. We'll be booking the video and sound people in the next few days, and I'll be booking the photographer who does the publicity shots for our local theatre companies. I was listening to an interview that Craig did with Jennifer Nicole Lee and she suggested a photo shoot as both an incentive and a reward. I certainly hope that everyone in this contest will consider recording their experience with body transformation in some way. Even if it's just saving your pictures, posts, and essays in a binder. There are so many people wondering how to change, and most of the information available is from fitness professionals, not regular people who want to learn how to get vibrantly fit within the boundaries of their busy lives. Of course, I could never have achieved what I have without the tools I learned from Craig, but we need to tell our stories in order to help people believe that permanent change is possible. So, here I go stepping out on the end of a brand new diving board and getting ready to jump into a somewhat scary but inviting pool. Oh Boy!
Wow, that is awesome, reading your posts and your transformation is so inspiring, I wish I could be there! I hope you're able to share the video with us when it's done? :-)

“What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?”

“Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.”

“Just do it.”

My Blog: http://bodybybetty.co.uk
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/sixpackbetty
My Workout Journal: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=11481
Old 09-18-2010, 01:20 PM

Hi everybody! Here's one of my favorite practical tips that I just used myself. Get out a calendar or any device that has calendar software and enter all your workouts for the whole contest. Today is the last day to enter for the full 12 weeks, but even if you've already started try this simple technique. Something about committing to your workouts beforehand adds a little mindset magic to your transformation. Why does it work? Maybe it's the act of writing and the fact of seeing your intention in ink (or pixels?) that helps. Also, it puts your workout on the same level of importance as a doctor's appointment or a client meeting. Remember, and I bet Naomi might agree, that I think the workouts are the key to everything. TT workouts generate the good feelings that make it possible for you to follow a healthy eating plan and stay positive. Desire and belief get your boat in the water and enthusiasm keeps you on course. There is nothing like a TT workout with intervals to turn up my enthusiasm, and nothing can take that away from you once it's done.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:29 PM

Default I booked the photographer!

November 9th is the day of my photo shoot, and I'm so excited! I have worked with the photographer before on theatre projects so I shouldn't be too terribly nervous. I already feel the extra incentive to stick closely to the program. Do I have delusions of grandeur? Should I do my own hair? Spray tan or bottle? I'm 46 years old, am I nuts? Who cares, this is the kind of scared feeling I enjoy, and I highly recommend it.