TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdparan View Post
Planning for the unexpected, especially with regards to diet, is the most important consideration to success and to reach my goal. This is what I've been doing for quite some time now. My schedule every Tuesday and Thursday requires me to stay at school until the early evening, and this is why I make sure that I pack my own lunch and afternoon snack in my bag. It may be time consuming to prepare them all, but at least I won't that worried or cranky thinking about what to eat next and then overeat, blowing all the hard work I've done in the gym.
Yeah definitely the right idea! Preparation is worth the effort to stay on track. Good luck!
Old 09-10-2010, 04:13 PM

Post Week 2, Friday

The 35 lb. dumbbells that I used for reverse lunges was getting lighter, and I guess that's time to go heavier for the next workout. My breakfast was a champurrado (hot chocolate cereal) with oatmeal and 1/2 cup mixed into it; lunch was a subway foot long turkey breast; and I snacked on nuts in between these meals. Speaking of nuts, I bought a honey roasted peanuts as my afternoon snack. Is that even okay for me to snack on?
My craving for diet sodas still wouldn't go away, as I bought a large one at subway. I could have gone and drank more water if I had more time to decide, but it's really hard to resist.

Last edited by fdparan : 09-10-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:15 PM

3-minute pushup update: Friday, 9/10 - 78 pushups (2:09). This is a big improvement from last Wednesday's.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:27 PM

As though I have changed my habits toward and have total commitment to and control of diet, I once again binged on nuts late at night. This might be because I've had little bit more calories left out at the end. I closely watch my diet in the day only to blow it all up at night. Man, I'm so disappointed right now. I wish someone can read this thread and help me out with this situation. Luckily, this was just a meal's worth of binge eating. The worse thing that could've happen is if I will do this cheat meal everyday.

Last edited by fdparan : 09-10-2010 at 11:29 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:12 AM

Hi Francis-
I have terrible snacking problems too, usually Friday night and Saturday, I do a lot of reading to relax and it's almost a compulsion, I can't read without snacking. A few suggestions that help me (if I follow them!):
1) Keep the high calorie foods out of the house. Or hide them well out of sight if you can't keep them out of the house completely.
2) Set a rule that you'll only eat fruits or vegetables when you're snacky (when you want to eat but you're not really hungry) - hard to go that overboard even with fruit.
3) Make sure you're eating enough during the day! It's a classic diet problem to eat too low of calorie all day long and then your body is starving in the evening and you binge on high calorie foods.

Current TT Log

Blog: Habits of Contradiction

"Feeling stressed simply means I need a better balance between stress and relaxation." - Tom Venuto, The Body Fat Solution
Old 09-11-2010, 07:40 AM

That's exactly what happened to me to me yesterday. I was snacking while studying for nothing but filling the left out calories of the day. However, the problem is that I'm bingeing on something that is healthy, which is nuts, and it's hard for me to take that away because I sometimes bring a handful of those and put them in a small plastic bag as an on-the-go snack. What's the irony at the same time is that I still do this habit even though I know what the dangers of mindless eating are. Recently, I bought Brian Wansink's Mindless Eating and learned so far that things around us, our environment, can contribute for us to eat impulsively more. The portion sizes, our hunger cues, and even different varieties/flavors of a certain food can trigger mindless eating. No one's safe from these. We might think that we have the discipline to not overeat, but chances are we're going to give up in the end. We eat more than we think we don't. I really have to be careful the next time I think that it's never a big deal to eat more because I have left out some extra calories throughout the day.

Last edited by fdparan : 09-11-2010 at 07:43 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:50 AM

Post Week 2, Saturday

Even though I already slept late, around 12-12:30, I still woke up early to watch Premier League and Bundesliga games on TV. As you can see in my avater, I'm an FC Bayern Munich fan, and so as a Man Utd. Today is my dad's birthday. Whether there will be a lot of food prepared or not, I'll try my best to resist the urge. Besides, I've been through these temptations before and still managed to survive. We'll see if I can survive these urges despite my big bingeing from last night.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:45 AM

One thing that helped me with the nuts thing was a podcast where Catherine said she counts out 10 at a time. At first, I felt so ridiculous; that was far fewer than I'd ever had! But I did it and limited myself to 10 nuts a day. Now, if I need to fill in some calories, I have gone as high as 50 nuts. And yes, I pretty much count every single one. Still.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 09-11-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdparan View Post
Even though I already slept late, around 12-12:30, I still woke up early to watch Premier League and Bundesliga games on TV. As you can see in my avater, I'm an FC Bayern Munich fan, and so as a Man Utd. Today is my dad's birthday. Whether there will be a lot of food prepared or not, I'll try my best to resist the urge. Besides, I've been through these temptations before and still managed to survive. We'll see if I can survive these urges despite my big bingeing from last night.
Man utd eh? Bit of a sore one today! I can't really talk though. My team lost a late penalty (after missing one ourselves, I may add...)
Old 09-11-2010, 03:40 PM

I wanted to drop by and say hi and welcome you to the contest. Looks like you've got off to a good start although nutrition seems to be the challenge (isn't is always?!). But it seems you well aware of the remedies and taking the steps necessary ton sort things out so keep it up.

Glad to see another F1 fan in the forums...I was at the Bahrain GP earlier this year and still thinking about going to Abu Dhabi.