TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2010, 04:58 AM

Sounds like a good day :-)
Old 09-15-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettywantsabs View Post
LOL! Yeah, I noticed! I'm from Kirkintilloch and stay in that place, you know, what's it called? Cumbernauld :-S. Sorry, couldn't resist that one :-), in fact, I'm just along from the good folks at AG Barr :-). Where aboots r u?
OMG you live next to royalty!!

I'm from Edinburgh. I live next to seagulls.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:14 AM

Default Day ?

Can;t actually remember what day I am already, I could get up and walk to the calendar but then I would get distracted by something else and it would be another 2 days before I got to post on here again!

Last couple of days have been OK, although I have had a really bloaty tummy and feeling fat!

My clothes have been really tight and I actually thought I would be feeling the benefits of eating healthy for the last 10 days. However when I actually think about how much I weigh, then there is no wonder my clothes are still uncomfortable, I have a few more pounds to go before I reach that stage yet.

Went to gym yesterday at 5.30am, did Workout A I think from TTK5, I will post the exercise soon.
Then did the Advanced interval training which was great.

Not sure if anyone else has one of "those" people in the gym, but we have a Miss Snooty Pants, who absoloutely loves herself and doens't even give you the time of day when you are stood near her.

Most of the people in the gym are really friendly and say Hi, but this particular woman has her little clique and only talks to them and noone else. It's as if other people are not good enough to speak to. She seriously looks down her nose at people if you don't fit the mould, ie not super slim, don't wear the latest gear, don't drive the flash car etc.

Anyhow Miss Snooty Pants was there again today, totally ignored me as usual, she is so up herself it really annoys me. She makes me feel like crap (sorry not sure if that's a word I can use on here, its not a good word to use in the UK, but here in NZ they use it all the time, so sorry if it's offended anyone

But it really makes me want to lose weight and get super fit, just to show the stuck up @:*&

Makes me grit my teeth in the gym and work really hard.

I just wish that the weight was coming off a bit quicker so I was getting some results and I looked better/felt better.

I do feel really bloated and can't actually see anything happening yet, I know i have not been 100% with food but I have passed on loads of times I could have eaten something bad.

Yesterday at work, my boss gave me 2 toffee pops (choc toffee biscuits), I was very tempted to eat them, as it wsa the end of the day and I was whacked, but instead I put them in my lunch box and brought them home and gave them to my boys 1 each).

Does everyone else log their food? My plan was to use fitday, but I am in NZ and it's not really applicable for a lot of foods here, I know there are UK versions too, but they dont fit either. As we have different brands out here and lot less choice too.

I will ask at work if there is NZ or Oz version of a food logging equivalent that is free and maybe start using that.

My biggest problem is getting time to log it. But I think if I did make the effort it would probably help a lot.

Well that's my ramblings for the day

We are having a horrendous storm here in NZ, it's hitting the whole country, power lines down, trees down, apparently it's the size of Australia, so it's covering NZ.

good night all, am gonna go, before we lose power or something
Old 09-17-2010, 06:47 AM

Smile Keep your chin up & you are worthy :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Can;t actually remember what day I am already, I could get up and walk to the calendar but then I would get distracted by something else and it would be another 2 days before I got to post on here again!

Last couple of days have been OK, although I have had a really bloaty tummy and feeling fat!

My clothes have been really tight and I actually thought I would be feeling the benefits of eating healthy for the last 10 days. However when I actually think about how much I weigh, then there is no wonder my clothes are still uncomfortable, I have a few more pounds to go before I reach that stage yet.

Went to gym yesterday at 5.30am, did Workout A I think from TTK5, I will post the exercise soon.
Then did the Advanced interval training which was great.

Not sure if anyone else has one of "those" people in the gym, but we have a Miss Snooty Pants, who absoloutely loves herself and doens't even give you the time of day when you are stood near her.

Most of the people in the gym are really friendly and say Hi, but this particular woman has her little clique and only talks to them and noone else. It's as if other people are not good enough to speak to. She seriously looks down her nose at people if you don't fit the mould, ie not super slim, don't wear the latest gear, don't drive the flash car etc.

Anyhow Miss Snooty Pants was there again today, totally ignored me as usual, she is so up herself it really annoys me. She makes me feel like crap (sorry not sure if that's a word I can use on here, its not a good word to use in the UK, but here in NZ they use it all the time, so sorry if it's offended anyone

But it really makes me want to lose weight and get super fit, just to show the stuck up @:*&

Makes me grit my teeth in the gym and work really hard.

I just wish that the weight was coming off a bit quicker so I was getting some results and I looked better/felt better.

I do feel really bloated and can't actually see anything happening yet, I know i have not been 100% with food but I have passed on loads of times I could have eaten something bad.

Yesterday at work, my boss gave me 2 toffee pops (choc toffee biscuits), I was very tempted to eat them, as it wsa the end of the day and I was whacked, but instead I put them in my lunch box and brought them home and gave them to my boys 1 each).

Does everyone else log their food? My plan was to use fitday, but I am in NZ and it's not really applicable for a lot of foods here, I know there are UK versions too, but they dont fit either. As we have different brands out here and lot less choice too.

I will ask at work if there is NZ or Oz version of a food logging equivalent that is free and maybe start using that.

My biggest problem is getting time to log it. But I think if I did make the effort it would probably help a lot.

Well that's my ramblings for the day

We are having a horrendous storm here in NZ, it's hitting the whole country, power lines down, trees down, apparently it's the size of Australia, so it's covering NZ.

good night all, am gonna go, before we lose power or something
Hey Katie, I think everyone can associate with you on The Miss Snooty Pants front, I refer to those people as the "I luv me club". The best advice I can give you for Miss Snooty Pants, is just ignore her. But if her being snooty helps motivate you, then maybe it's a good thing? And you will show the @:*&, you will be successful and be able to show off in the gym soon enough! Don't let her or anyone else, make you feel "crap", you are you, and you are trying to be the best you. Everyone is unique and special, (except for her LOL), keep your chin up and believe in yourself, make sure you have your goals set, and try and think positive thoughts about the steps you are taking to reach your goals.

Have you looked at www.myfitnesspal.com for tracking your cals? This is really easy to use and you can add your own foods to it, very simple. If you don't see your usual food stuff on there, take half hour/1 hour to input all your regular foods, that way when you start using it all your stuff will be there. I use it everyday, and I use it first thing in the morning, takes me 5 minutes to enter everything I am going to eat for the day, and that way, if I am presented with other eating opportunities, I know I can't have it, as it would take me over my quota for that day. I have lost 30lbs+ so far, and I would say that knowing what my cal intake should be, planning my meals, and inputting all meals into this tracker has been the biggest factor in my success thus far. I'm not saying never have a treat, but don't go off the rails, and know your cal intake for weight loss. Well done on passing on the toffee pops :-), make sure you do have a treat now and then tho, just build them into your daily intake, and limit to a couple a week. Stick in there, and you will soon see the results you're after.

I hope the storm passes soon, and you're not badly effected by it. Take care, and chin up :-)
Betty xx

“What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?”

“Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.”

“Just do it.”

My Blog: http://bodybybetty.co.uk
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/sixpackbetty
My Workout Journal: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=11481
Old 09-17-2010, 09:25 AM

Okay, here's my second attempt at posting to your thread. I love my iPad but it can behave a bit goofy sometimes and I just lost everything I'd just written...so as I was saying...

I can relate to what you meant about the "snooty" girl in the gym. I'm not exactly athletic looking and I felt at times when I was first doing TT that I was being sneered or laughed at (behind my back of course, no-one's got the guts to do it when I'm looking) by the meat-heads in the weights area of a public gym, as if they were saying, "Hey, what's the fat guy doing in the weights room?!".

Actually, it was with the help of people in these very forums that I learned to forget about them and tune them out. Now, I'm completely focused on my workouts and the exercises and little else. I don't even see these people. Usually, because the TT workouts are so efficient, I'm in and out of the gym well before these guys even finish their warm-ups!

So while I understand your reasoning, I would say make your motivation for getting fit your own health and well-being rather than proving anything to anyone else. You seem to be there already but I'm just giving an extra "push"

There are quite a few apps and sites for tracking calories and maybe because most of them use the same US FDA (or it might be the USDA) database, I can understand why you can't find some of your 'local' foods. But I did a quick Google search and found this:

www.healthjunkie.co.nz/calorie-counter.html

Check it out, you might find what you're looking for.

I've used the Livestrong app on my iPod Touch which is quite good but requires an internet connection to work so it might be better on an iPhone. It syncs with the Livestrong site and you can track your exercises etc as well. It allows you to add your own food using the "custom" option so this can be handy for those one-off items you might that aren't in the database.

I've also used the GoMealsHD app on the iPad and is very good considering it's free but there's no way of getting the food logs out.

I also really like "Fitness Assistant" for Windows PCs and it is very customizable when it comes to adding your own foods and even making meal plans and recipes. It also has an extensive exercise databse so it was be handy for estimating calories burned as well as eaten. It's a shareware program and there is a nominal cost but for me, it has been a very worthwhile investment as it helped me understand correct food portions, calorie densities etc when I first started my fitness journey a few years ago. In any case, I need programs that can work offline as some of the places I end up going to for work don't have any internet or even mobile phone access.

In any case, I've been able to find almost all the foods with these programs or at least close approximations. Sometimes you'll find generic entries for certain foods which might help. For example, instead of looking for "Lays" crisps, you might be able to find "potato chips".

I wouldn't too much about saying "crap" in the forums - "f^%$" and "s@#$" on the other hand, might be a different story altogether though!

Hope you're all safe and sound after the storm.