TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2010, 11:10 AM

Wish I still had my uni access to academic papers so I could read the original study. The authors would have to have come up with some explanation as to how the water worked...
Old 09-18-2010, 05:41 PM

Finished second week of TT "mass @ home" on Thursday. Have been doing 20 minute HIIT on the erg most days as well.

Had a couple days off from work this week, so did fun things like go to the dentist and get a cracked filling replaced I also made it to the orthopedist who confirmed my (self) diagnosis of achilles tendonitis. Nothing to do for it but wear a boot while I'm at work or whenever walking. He also gave me a splint to wear at night to maintain a slight stretch on the tendon while I'm asleep. We'll see how it progresses over the next few weeks. If I don't see improvement soon I'll hobble over to physical therapy.
I'm so glad we have the erg so that I can do some cardio.

Had to work today (and tomorrow) and was feeling a bit wiped so made today a rest day.
Tomorrow starts week three. Weigh-in tomorrow as well. Not sure how that's going to turn out. The red wine was really calling my name at dinner this week. Otherwise, nutrition has been good and I've been able to hit my target of 40-45% carb, 40-45% protein, 15-20% fat (before accounting for the alcohol).

Time to buckle down . . .

"Slow and steady wins the race."

My Workout Journal thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?p=137725
Old 09-19-2010, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artb View Post
Finished second week of TT "mass @ home" on Thursday. Have been doing 20 minute HIIT on the erg most days as well.

Had a couple days off from work this week, so did fun things like go to the dentist and get a cracked filling replaced I also made it to the orthopedist who confirmed my (self) diagnosis of achilles tendonitis. Nothing to do for it but wear a boot while I'm at work or whenever walking. He also gave me a splint to wear at night to maintain a slight stretch on the tendon while I'm asleep. We'll see how it progresses over the next few weeks. If I don't see improvement soon I'll hobble over to physical therapy.
I'm so glad we have the erg so that I can do some cardio.

Had to work today (and tomorrow) and was feeling a bit wiped so made today a rest day.
Tomorrow starts week three. Weigh-in tomorrow as well. Not sure how that's going to turn out. The red wine was really calling my name at dinner this week. Otherwise, nutrition has been good and I've been able to hit my target of 40-45% carb, 40-45% protein, 15-20% fat (before accounting for the alcohol).

Time to buckle down . . .
Boo to dentist. Booooooo!

Impressive you've been meeting carb/protein/fat requirements. I had a look at that and had a half hearted attempt at calculating it, but then got bored and watched telly

Hope the ole achilles heals soon
Old 09-19-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
Boo to dentist. Booooooo!

Impressive you've been meeting carb/protein/fat requirements. I had a look at that and had a half hearted attempt at calculating it, but then got bored and watched telly

Hope the ole achilles heals soon
Weeti - you crack me up!

Actually, I feel I've become almost overly obsessed (say that 10 times fast) with counting calories, etc. I know my wife thinks I'm over doing that part . In the past, however, I've done the counting/weighing, etc. for a little while, then decided that I could judge quantities bye eyeballing. Soon thereafter, weight would come on again. I'm totally paranoid about backsliding again, so for the time being I'll keep up the detailed count. I'm using an iPhone app to do it since I tend to have easy access to phone all the time. Also, I can easily remind myself that if I eat that package of cookies I'll throw off all my counts. Unfortunately, with the wine, I just plug it in and go "Oh well, shouldn't have done that"
Of course, the next day I'm kicking myself . . . I think that's how I hurt my foot . . .

Old 09-19-2010, 02:07 PM

Another slow week.
wt: 164.8 lbs. (down 1 lb. from start)
bf: 14.8% (unchanged)

I'm using Accumeasure to measure body fat and I know there is some "give" in the numbers. I actually feel slightly fatter today. If I'm losing any weight and getting fatter that's moving in the wrong direction

I was rather depressed heading into my workout this morning (mass @ home workout A). But I increased my weights and pushed through it and was somewhat cheered by the end. Could be I was just bummed about having to go to work today.

Had a chance to look at the "weekly call" here in the forums and the TT adrenaline looks awesome. THe info about the short sprints was fascinating. I'm going to have to try that out on the erg when I get home.

This is the week to really start burning . . .

Old 09-19-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artb View Post
Weeti - you crack me up!

Actually, I feel I've become almost overly obsessed (say that 10 times fast) with counting calories, etc. I know my wife thinks I'm over doing that part . In the past, however, I've done the counting/weighing, etc. for a little while, then decided that I could judge quantities bye eyeballing. Soon thereafter, weight would come on again. I'm totally paranoid about backsliding again, so for the time being I'll keep up the detailed count. I'm using an iPhone app to do it since I tend to have easy access to phone all the time. Also, I can easily remind myself that if I eat that package of cookies I'll throw off all my counts. Unfortunately, with the wine, I just plug it in and go "Oh well, shouldn't have done that"
Of course, the next day I'm kicking myself . . . I think that's how I hurt my foot . . .
Doh!

If you've got to count stuff to keep the lbs off, then it's definitely not an obsession, it's just what you need to do.

I'm improving - just spent an age weighing out seeds/nuts/grapes/melon/teabags/oxygen

Pain in the bum, but it will be worth it when people look at me and confuse me for Halle Berry or Jessica Biel or someone similar.*

*obviously said people will be looking from a great distance, at night, and without their glasses
Old 09-19-2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post

I'm improving - just spent an age weighing out seeds/nuts/grapes/melon/teabags/oxygen

Pain in the bum,
I agree, at times it's a real pain. However, I'm also still surprised occasionally by how much a given quantity of something really weighs.

I haven't quite mastered the oxygen weighing, though. Any tips?

Old 09-19-2010, 07:06 PM

I was looking at the report Craig mentions associated with the TT adrenaline for fat loss.
(http://www.ttfatloss.com/fat-loss/ad...-for-fat-loss/)

So when I got home I worked out on the erg with a version of the "Group A" interval workout (8s hard, 12s light). After a 4 minute warmup I did the 8s/12s alternating for 16 minutes, then 2 minute cool-down.

It was quite the workout! It certainly required a lot more concentration than the 30s hard/90s light or 60s hard/60s light. I found myself confused a couple of times as to which phase I was in (a problem for a bear of little brain). I feel I've earned the lasagna my wife is making for dinner tonight, though!

Since I'm confined to the erg for my cardio these days, I think I'll keep up this version for a while, but maybe with a little longer cool-down.

Onward with week 3 . . .

Last edited by artb : 09-22-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:13 PM

Did the crazy 8s/12s erg workout again this morning before work. Felt fairly relaxed all day at work. In fact, was so relaxed I fell asleep for an hour after I got home
I love naps!

Nutrition today:

breakfast (post workout): 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt with 180ml chia gel (20g chia seeds)

morning snack: 2 hard boiled egg whites, apple

lunch: 1 can salmon (6 oz) with chopped red/yellow pepper and chopped celery mixed together with 1 Tbsp light mayo and various seasonings
1 6oz. Dannon light yogurt

afternoon snack: 2 hard boiled egg whites, apple, 40g lightly salted edamame

dinner: large salad with approx. 3oz. lean meat

The question will be how much wine w/dinner . . .

Old 09-22-2010, 05:32 AM

Was doing great with the nutrition the other day, until I found myself eating some peanut M&Ms

Yesterday did TT mass@home workout B followed by erg with 30s hard/90s light intervals.
I know mass@home is listed as not requiring intervals, but can't help myself. Yesterday, gravity seemed to be higher at my house as it was a struggle to get started with the weights. Still managed to increase weight on some of the exercises, though.

Even better, the achilles seems to be getting better. Was able to do one-leg calf raises with more than just bodyweight without pain. Yay! Still a long way from normal but at least see some movement in the right direction.

Up early this morning before work to do erg 8s/12s workout. I think this workout is the bomb. REally gets me drenched!