TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2010, 03:35 PM

Thumbs up Jason's Fat Blasting Transformation!

Week one starts today September 18th. I have taken photos, tape measurements, weight and caliper measurements using the accu-measure fitness 3000.
The current stats:
weight: 204.5 lbs
bodyfat: 20% (20mm pinch of suprailliac)
tape: neck 15.5"/ bicep 15.5"/ forearm 12.5"/ chest 43"/ waist 38.5"/ hips 41.5"/ thigh 26"/ calf 16.25"

The pictures are somewhat poor quality, I had to take them with a friends blackberry because my digital camera went black screen on me. I can't wait to start on Monday after being pretty inactive all week long I feel rested and ready to go.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original intro:

Hello TT members,

This will be my first TT contest, and I can't wait for it to begin! I've been doing TT since July and have already made a worthy transformation, but I am not even halfway to my goals. I have my nutrition under control, and I record all my daily intake on fitday. My Daily nutrition will be recorded there, and I have a link to my public journal for anyone to see, learn from, and critique.

Right now I have two more weeks left of the 2k3 program, then I will be taking a week off after 12 weeks of training. So I will begin my 12 week transformation on September 18th with the 2k4 program. This is perfect timing for me to be able to go head first into this contest with a freshly rested body.

The Past two months doing TT and turning my eating habits around have helped me change my life and my body, and its great to wake up knowing that every day I am taking steps to improve myself.

I just want to say thanks to Craig for this opportunity, you are going to get 110% of my effort!

-Jason

You cannot plow a field by turning it over in your mind.~Unknown

Last edited by midwestj : 09-19-2010 at 03:57 AM.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:04 PM

No better time than now to start recording my workouts.

Today I did Workout 2k3 A.

Increased resistance on every exercise, from last week 5lbs on each dumbbell. I used the barbell to do bench press because there are always other lifters willing to spot me. Went up 5 lbs here also. One thing that is giving me trouble is completing 15 decline push ups, I usually get in about 10, by this time in the workout my shoulders are dead. Especially today because bench pressing really took a lot out of me.

Today I put all my past HIIT workouts to shame.

I did this on a Star Trac stationary bike, my working set was at a lvl 16 resistance which was between 440-500 watts, and my rest set was at lvl 5 which was 75 watts, the whole time my revs were at 85-100. I recently realized my intervals needed a supercharging so this one pretty much did it. When the 30 seconds was over I REALLY needed that 90 seconds rest ha ha.

Now I just need to find some batteries for my stop watches so I can mix these HIIT workouts up with some outdoor sprinting, I will also use it to time my rest between sets to make sure I'm not cheating.

I'm currently using a different anytime fitness because my home anytime is being remodeled (which is being finished sept 5 just in time for the start of the contest!) This new one has odd clocks with no second hands... All the equipment is beautiful though!

Old 08-31-2010, 05:26 AM

Talk about hitting the ground running! Sounds like you're really in the right place for a great contest - motivated, energized, focused.

2k3 is a great program but I must admit that 2k4 defeated me - I hope it works out well for you.

I started jacking up my intervals during the last contest and started to see good results in a short time. Similar to what you wrote, I felt that if I wasn't wiped out by the end of the intervals, I wasn't working out hard enough.

Have you considered getting a Gymboss timer for timing your sprints etc? If you don't already, I can highly recommend getting one.

Best of luck to you Jason.

Find me on Facebook
Old 08-31-2010, 04:15 PM

Hi Waheed thanks for the reply,

I don't have a Gymboss but I checked out the website and it looks pretty cool, do they really help your workouts?

Its hard to know what 9/10 intensity is, its different for everyone, and as our fitness constantly improves we need to continually push harder.

I definitely feel ultra motivated for this contest. My motivation to change was already huge, and now with this contest it just adds fuel. Hopefully I can help spread some of that around to the other contestants, and they can pick me up later when I need it.

For todays activity I will mow my yard, its hot, its hilly, and it takes about 45 mins, walking.

Old 08-31-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestj View Post
Hi Waheed thanks for the reply,

I don't have a Gymboss but I checked out the website and it looks pretty cool, do they really help your workouts?

Its hard to know what 9/10 intensity is, its different for everyone, and as our fitness constantly improves we need to continually push harder.

I definitely feel ultra motivated for this contest. My motivation to change was already huge, and now with this contest it just adds fuel. Hopefully I can help spread some of that around to the other contestants, and they can pick me up later when I need it.

For todays activity I will mow my yard, its hot, its hilly, and it takes about 45 mins, walking.
I find the Gymboss to be indispensable when doing sprints or running intervals. It just takes the hassle of figuring out the start/stop times as you can set two separate times (rest period/exercise period) down to the second. It will count the number of intervals you've done and you can set it to beep and or vibrate. When I'm doing sprints outside (or even inside for that matter), I can still listen to my music player - I just hold the timer in my hand and wait for the cue to start or stop. I'm currently experimenting with different interval workouts and the 8 sec workout/12 second rest is one of my favourites - I doubt I would have been able to do this effectively without a timer like the Gymboss.

I know what you mean about judging intensity level - what's the difference between 9/10 and 8/10 for example? I say to myself "go as fast or as hard as you can" for the duration of the interval and that generally works for me. I can't get my head around the numbers!