TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 26th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2016, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobB View Post
You can cut the obvious stuff.......like donut holes!!!lol and candies and desserts with sugar...........the less obvious like BBQ sauce, you could use in a limited amount.......or..........find something else to put on or in......If you look at food as FUEL, then some of the stuff you put in things, don't look quite as "bad". I put yellow mustard on baked potatoes......maybe an avocado in a bowl of oatmeal...........maybe oatmeal in soup, instead of soda crackers........dip carrots in Dijon mustard.....coconut oil in with oatmeal and fruit with cinnamon....if you put a lot of cinnamon in with cottage cheese, it has a sweet taste...weird stuff like that.....it is ok to me and makes others "gag" just thinking about it.....lol
All good thoughts, Rob, thanks! FOOD IS FUEL. For me, it's not even so much a "GOTTA GO FIND SUGARZ" it's "dude, I'm hungry, what's easy to grab?" and lo and behold, my tastebuds expect after 34 years of conditioning to snack on something and preferably, something sweet...
Old 04-28-2016, 09:07 AM
Administrator

You're doing great, Matt, stay strong.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:21 AM

Smile Nice WorK!

Great work Matt! One of my favorite "treats" is frozen blueberries with some greek yogurt, chopped nuts(I like pecans) and stevia. Sometimes I use almond milk. When you pour the almond milk over the frozen berries, it freezes to the berry creating a unique texture and flavor. I buy big bags of organic frozen blueberries at Costco to save funds. For stuff like BBQ sauce, if I'm trying to watch the sugar, I'll just cook the same thing in the same pan, just scoootch it over and add a small amount of sauce to my finished product or I'll cook it all sauceless and let everyone else in the family sauce their own food.

Swimming-I did more swimming in Texas because we had a pool. One of my favorite finishers was using a kickboard and then doing laps using legs only. My abs were always sore after this too.

If you get bored, you can look through contest 19 to find the time I decided to take a polar plunge in my pool in February!

I'm excited to read all about your plan for the next few months!

My goal right now is working up to a 250 # deadlift. The male trainer at the gym(27 year old) bet me $50 that I couldn't do it. I don't gamble, but I will enjoy watching him eat crow when granny deadlifts 250#!!
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 04-28-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrothaMannP11911 View Post
All good thoughts, Rob, thanks! FOOD IS FUEL. For me, it's not even so much a "GOTTA GO FIND SUGARZ" it's "dude, I'm hungry, what's easy to grab?" and lo and behold, my tastebuds expect after 34 years of conditioning to snack on something and preferably, something sweet...
I hear ya.............I fight it all the time as well..........SUGARZ......
Old 04-28-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
Great work Matt! One of my favorite "treats" is frozen blueberries with some greek yogurt, chopped nuts(I like pecans) and stevia. Sometimes I use almond milk. When you pour the almond milk over the frozen berries, it freezes to the berry creating a unique texture and flavor. I buy big bags of organic frozen blueberries at Costco to save funds. For stuff like BBQ sauce, if I'm trying to watch the sugar, I'll just cook the same thing in the same pan, just scoootch it over and add a small amount of sauce to my finished product or I'll cook it all sauceless and let everyone else in the family sauce their own food.

Swimming-I did more swimming in Texas because we had a pool. One of my favorite finishers was using a kickboard and then doing laps using legs only. My abs were always sore after this too.

If you get bored, you can look through contest 19 to find the time I decided to take a polar plunge in my pool in February!

My goal right now is working up to a 250 # deadlift. The male trainer at the gym(27 year old) bet me $50 that I couldn't do it. I don't gamble, but I will enjoy watching him eat crow when granny deadlifts 250#!!
Go, GRANNY - GO!!
Old 04-28-2016, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
You're doing great, Matt, stay strong.
Thanks, Craig! Did a great kettlebell workout yesterday from one of Mike Whitfield's e-mails awhile back, then back in the pool today!

Also, appreciate you clearing up my biggest question in the webinar last night; I was the one who asked how to actually say Bally the Dog's name. We read it so many times in the emails he pens and you reference him in yours, I just wanted to get it right

It was really great, thanks for sharing it! During my quiet time this morning, I was floored with a big idea as I was reviewing some of the notes I took during it...

Help communicate to kids the benefits & how-tos of being healthy, wealthy and wise. How to communicate a "plan for your life" to a 11 year old? How to encourage kids to plan their days and still be kids? How to take big ideas and help kids take ownership of their own?

Get them started young!

I've worked with thousands of kids over the last 15 years so I'm excited to poke around and see what that looks like. I don't know of hardly ANY resources that do this.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:41 PM

I make one of those bowls that Craig has mentioned on here before... we are out of protein right now, but its typically PB, coconut oil, frozen fruit, a banana and a shot of milk to make it mix better... I've been doing Chia seeds (we have a giant bag for some weird reason) and I like the texture alot. This is my end of the night treat and it hits the spot and keeps me full until afternoon.

I was getting sooo exhausted moving this tugboat through the water with just the kickboard and legs... and you nailed it; just do it at the end as a "finisher" so-to-speak. Most of the swimming work is heavy upper body for me right now, so it's a great way to move the legs more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post

Old 04-28-2016, 05:45 PM

Default 4/28 new milestone today!!!!!!!!!

EIGHT HUNDRED FIFTY YARDS today. Just now... don't worry, I dried off before getting on the computer

WOOP WOOP. I'm mixing in some other strokes, at least experimenting with them; tried a breast stroke today and then did a horrid attempt at a back stroke...

BUT it was an attempt.

I'm TRYING.

I WANT THIS.

I want to move well in the water, I want to go for a long time at it... Sure, there is some health benefits to swimming, which I'm glad about that, but I'm really wanting to do well at this, to survive the next lake adventure and to conquer this challenge of a mile.

I got this!

It's a huge benefit to come in to the forum and write about it for sure.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:21 AM
Administrator

Great work!
Old 04-29-2016, 12:15 PM

3 days in, right?

If it is only 2, don't tell me and let me believe I've almost got half a week in

No sweets, no sugary sodas, etc. limiting it with honey and PB amounts.

I almost got myself some sugar last night, though we didn't have any in the house, I was going to take the white sugar we still had and figure something out with it; yep, I'm one of those people. I was stressed beyond belief when I got home and entered the melee of 4 kids and one sick wife and just about gave in...

I knew, though, that I was going to have to write about it today. I could not give in to the sugar monster because I would want to disappoint myself in having to write about it.

So, no sugar still!

Today is an off-day, have a couple of science shows to do today and those are 30-45 mins of mad science fun running around a stage, blowing up stuff, etc , plus my lower back that aggravates every Spring is in FULL FORCE right now. Stiff as a board. Need to get some adjustment done from a chiropractor I think.