TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 26th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2016, 01:33 PM
Administrator

Yes!!!

Matt, I don't think you understand how many people you have already inspired with your past transformation, and also how many people you continue to inspire.

I'm one of them. No exaggeration. You really have inspired me, and do so each day that you post. So thank you!

Craig
Old 04-27-2016, 01:39 PM
Administrator

Today was a great workout. I'm so busy at work - preparing for tonight's webinar and a private coaching client day on Friday - that I've had to whip through my workouts faster.

I loved this one. Yesterday was physically tougher, but this one was full-on "45 Minute Meathead".

Warmup of foam rolling, band pulls, pushups

1A) Bench Press - worked up to 185x8 for "pre-transformation" max of 235
1B) Band Pull

2A) Neutral Grip Pullup - 6x8
2B) DB Press - 60x5x10
2C) Cable Abs - 3x20

Great times.

And now for a little webinar reminder...

Join me for my webinar tonight at 7pm central. Learn how to control your day to enact meaningful growth in your life!

Perfect Day Formula Webinar
Discover Why EVERY "Time Management" Book and Productivity "Hack" Makes You WORSE at Getting Stuff Done and Harder to Live Your Dream Life

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:

Success – It all starts with preparation and planning...to avoid negative people, the wrong environments, and bad habits & to connect with the right people/environments/habits. Success is simple once you accept how difficult it is.

Push harder and faster when it is time,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Old 04-29-2016, 07:15 AM
Administrator

Pecs were mucho sore yesterday. So I performed this odd "seal-like" foam rolling movement. It was like doing a rocking plank with my chest on the foam roller.

Good core stability move.

Seems to have worked, as the soreness is much less. Yesterday was off, and today I am doing yoga with Missi Holt.

Saturday I'm back to deadlifting.

Tonight I'm having dinner with a fitness industry legend. More details soon.

Now for a cool science update...From the NY Times... they've caught up to the truth about cardio and TT!

"For many of us, the most pressing question about exercise is: How little can I get away with? The answer, according to a sophisticated new study of interval training, may be very, very little. In this new experiment, in fact, 60 seconds of strenuous exertion proved to be as successful at improving health and fitness as three-quarters of an hour of moderate exercise.
Let me repeat that finding: One minute of arduous exercise was comparable in its physiological effects to 45 minutes of gentler sweating."

Click here to read more.

Today's Kickbutt mindset tip:
Plan, prepare, and ACT. "Be an ACTION TAKER, not just an info gatherer. Don’t just talk. Do. Get out of your comfort zone. Fail forward. Take personal responsibility. Those that don’t take action will be in the same place a year from now, only older. You are different. You take action. You want a better life, and you deserve it, now go out and get it.” – Bedros Keuilian

Yoga time,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - Be a good gardener for your brain!

“First thing to do every morning is read or listen to something positive. Your mind is like a garden. Whatever you plant, grows. Plant good stuff.” – Alwyn Cosgrove
Old 04-30-2016, 05:34 PM
Administrator

It's been a busy work week here in Denver, and with gloomy weather, too. I hope it's nicer back on the farm for ol' Bally the Pooch.

Yesterday I did a fun, but easy yoga session with Missi Holt and my friend, Joe Polish. Joe was in town for some consulting with me on his Perfect Day Formula plan for his life. After yoga, we got him dialed in, and then we met up with Bill Phillips for dinner. More about that in a second...

This morning, I put Joe through a workout:

1A) Pause Pushups
1B) Neutral Grip Pullups
1C) Goblet Squats

2A) DB Incline Press
2B) DB Chest Supported Row
2C) Ball Rollout
2D) DB Split Squat

And then had a big breakfast with him at the Four Seasons. I had my go to breakfast of 4 scrambled eggs, steamed spinach, and pineapple. This was followed with my own workout a few hours later:

1A) Kettlebell Swing
1B) Pushups

2A) Deadlift
2B) Dips

3A) Chin-up with Knee-up
3B) Goblet BGSS

Last night for dinner with Bill, Joe, and significant others, I had:

An octopus appetizer (eating well prepared octopous tentacles is like eating a small sausage), grass-fed steak, a baked potato (with olive oil), spinach, and brussel sprouts (that are really good, but leave me with a bit of heartburn and belching).

Hopefully you remember Bill Phillips from his book, Body For Life, and the supplement company EAS. His biceps tried to eat my book after dinner.

He's a really funny guy, and because he lives nearby, I'm hoping to work on a few projects with him.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
Plan ahead. Know your obstacles. Identify at least 2 solutions for each roadblock. For example, for your diet, do your shopping and cooking and meal prep on the weekends, so that during your busy week you have your meals ready…and you avoid vending-machine regret. For your workouts, always have one of my no-equipment short, burst circuits at the ready…for when you can’t get to your normal routine. You can succeed if you plan and prepare. No excuses. Let’s go!

Get your plan on and go,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Old 05-02-2016, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Sunday was a fun day in the gym. I've decided to train more on weekends and less on weekdays due to work demands. Unlike most of the fitness world, I'll take Mondays off, and probably Thursday too, because we have an early meeting on that day.

Yesterday was a high-volume pressing day in my program. And it was good times.

1) KB Snatch

2a) Military Press
2b) Front Squat

3a) More Military Press
3b) Chest-Supported Row

Then I had to run a lot of errands to get all caught up after a busy week.

Dream Big. Think Big. Act Big. Truly believe that you can - and will - achieve great things. Do not put a limit on your potential.

Push forward,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Old 05-03-2016, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Today we've got a squat update, a giant fat finger, a hot flash tip, and paranoia that I will be walking funny tomorrow. Enjoy!

Alright, let's start with... the giant fat finger. What's up with that?

Well, during my bodyweight rows today I broke a blood vessel in my F.U. finger on my left hand. (Wait, it's not called an F.U. finger? Then what is it called in medical terms?)

Anyways, the squat workout went like this...

1A) Squat
1B) Box Jump
1C) Bodyweight Row

2A) DB Split Squat
2B)

The workout called for a final set of squats at 205 for 20 reps. It was enjoyable in a weird way, but I used a slightly wider than normal stance my adductors got worked in a way they haven't for a long time.

Tomorrow the truth shall be revealed... I will likely have major DOMS.

Okay, now for your...

HOT Flash Alert...

Last month we had an interesting discussion about dealing with Hot Flashes. Well, yesterday I was reading Women's World magazine (as I do every week!) and they had a great tip....

According to the Mayo Clinic, drinking hot, caffeinated beverages increases the risk of hot flashes.

THEREFORE, the magazine recommended drinking iced green tea. It's cold, contains less caffeine, and also has L-theanine, a compound associated with lowering stress.

I hope that helps!

And that's why I read Women's World every week... to help YOU! Then to make up for reading Women's World, I watched some NASCAR and shot at a few paint cans with my dad's old rifle.

Hahaha, j/k. No offense meant to anyone!

Plan ahead. Know your obstacles. Identify at least 2 solutions for each roadblock. For example, for your diet, do your shopping and cooking and meal prep on the weekends, so that during your busy week you have your meals ready…and you avoid vending-machine regret. For your workouts, always have one of my no-equipment short, burst circuits at the ready…for when you can’t get to your normal routine. You can succeed if you plan and prepare. No excuses. Let’s go!

Go time,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Old 05-04-2016, 02:57 PM
Administrator

So much fun in the gym with a Meathead workout. Wish I could do a workout like that everyday. But tomorrow will be a recovery session of stretching, foam rolling, etc. Today was:

1A) Bench Press
1B) Band Pull

2A) Pullups
2B) DB Low Incline Press

That was all.

Good times!

Followed that up with some podcast interviews and some Paleo Protein powder shakes.

BTW, if you haven't read this yet, check it out... it's a classic from my assistant editor, Nick Papple.

=> http://www.earlytorise.com/7-strateg...-havent-heard/

Today's Kickbutt Mindset & Nutrition Truth Tip!
It’s easy to get down on yourself. Far, far easier than keeping your head up and staying motivated on another day of good nutrition, no junk food, and short burst, workouts. But looking long-term, we know that things would be a lot harder if we took the easy way out. Stay strong. Your body is a temple. Do not disrespect the gift you have been given by consuming excess junk food or alcohol on a regular basis. Living the right way isn’t easy, but living the right way is best for us and everyone else around us.

Do it right,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - Another good one in the EPIC battle for your life!

How To Win The Epic Battle For Your Time by

=> http://bit.ly/1SK2OO4
Old 05-06-2016, 10:58 AM
Administrator

It's going to be a busy, busy day in Denver. Chef Gui Alinat is popping into the office to meet the team. I also have a lot of phone calls and podcast interviews, so it's time to bring the energy.

Had a great workout to start the day, too.

1A) Power Clean
1B) Pushups
1C) Mobility

2A) Deadlift
2B) Incline Press

3) Walking Lunge

Tomorrow will be the 10x5 overhead press from Wendler's workout. I thought it was going to destroy my delts last week, but it didn't. Should be even better tomorrow.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:

First, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all of our Moms. And yes, I just yelled it!

Second, here's the ‪#‎truth‬...If it’s in your house, you’re going to eat it. Junk in the house = You and I eating the junk. Period. (And YES, that includes ME.) So get it out of the house. By the way, it is called “junk food” for a reason…because it belongs in the garbage. Don’t feel bad for tossing it…because it doesn’t belong in your body.

Remember...

Life is the sum of your experiences and the people you spend your time with. Connect with someone that matters today and create a memory to last a lifetime. Reward yourself for your hard work. Celebrate your victories, big and small.

Wishing you a great weekend,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - Be good.

Be on your best behavior today. Act polite and courteous. Do not swear. It’s just one day. You can do it. And then you can do it again and again. “Goodness in and of itself is the practice and the reward...fine-tine your thoughts, words, and deeds in a progressively wholesome direction...To be good is to be tranquil and worry-free...The virtuous life holds these treasures: your own right action, your honor, and decency.” – Epictetus
Old 05-07-2016, 12:05 AM

Craig,
I have been literally eating non-stop for the past 2.5 months. My body weight dipped down to 163.4 lbs with a 32.5" waist. I am now up to 176.8 lbs with a 33" waist. I am trying to get to 183.4 lbs within the next 1.5 months. It seems very hard to maintain our body weight after a period of time. It seems I have to eat like a machine just to keep up. Before, I was storing food like a bear for winter time. I would eat 3-4 times a day and still weigh about 200 lbs. I am eating 5-6 meals a day. I focused a lot on full body exercises and resting.
Old 05-07-2016, 10:01 AM
Administrator

Very interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla-Strength View Post
Craig,
I have been literally eating non-stop for the past 2.5 months. My body weight dipped down to 163.4 lbs with a 32.5" waist. I am now up to 176.8 lbs with a 33" waist. I am trying to get to 183.4 lbs within the next 1.5 months. It seems very hard to maintain our body weight after a period of time. It seems I have to eat like a machine just to keep up. Before, I was storing food like a bear for winter time. I would eat 3-4 times a day and still weigh about 200 lbs. I am eating 5-6 meals a day. I focused a lot on full body exercises and resting.