TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 25th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2016, 02:22 PM

Default 1.12.15

Workout: Body Audit A today. Definitely can tell improvements. Post numbers later.

DIET: Weekend diet was NOT devastating. Avoided the things that hold me down (like "bonus" snack after my last eating time). Got the groceries bought for the week yesterday; lots of good clean meals at night. Don't tell my wife, I like to cook.. okay, she knows I like to do certain meals, so it's okay She's great at complicated meals with lots of spices and stuff, I'm the meat-and-potatoes guy. Bland diet today, salmon/rice/aspargus tonight. First time to cook salmon, so I'm a little nervous about it!

Work: Interview at end of last week went pretty good. Applied for another job in our association. Looked but did not apply for others, got inundated with the job search monster. Really did not give it a good go this weekend. This should be my #3 priority behind family, workout/diet and it wasn't. No excuses. I'm too smart, too capable to stay stuck financially. Got to do some big thinking, get a goal set, etc.
Old 01-12-2016, 05:28 PM
Administrator

Watch this video. You need a North Star to guide you, a Vision for your life.

http://www.anewamericandream.com/fe/19251-the-vision/
Old 01-12-2016, 06:19 PM

Default Audit Workout A

4th week of this. Going to switch up at end of week. Definitely enjoyed it, but boy, it was something TAKING IT TO THE LIMIT every set of reps!

1a. pushups.. 16(10)
1b. goblet sqt.. 100 (6)
1c. rows.. 21

2a. side plank 30 secs. did not increase here, but felt stronger each time with less drops
2b. tbxs 40
2c. plank.. went 35 secs then couldn't hold it for longer than 10 secs at a time through 2 mins
2d. rower.. 308.. increased 20m through 4 weeks! had never done rower before this

3a. pushups.. all on knees... 25/20
3b. bw sqts.. 25
3c. db rdl.. 45 (10)
PHEW. Ready for another challenge. This was a great workout, I did get sick midway again this one, I had lunch before I worked out.. it's been 3-4 hours but it still was coming back up. I definitely can't do that, have to workout first!
Old 01-12-2016, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
Watch this video. You need a North Star to guide you, a Vision for your life.

http://www.anewamericandream.com/fe/19251-the-vision/
Will do.

Having coffee Friday AM with one of our pastors, too, just to talk about life and going to really seek out some mentorship. You are right on point. Read "How to Change Your Life
By Craig Ballantyne" and thought I needed to linger on those pillars.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:24 PM
Administrator

yes sir, stay strong
Old 01-13-2016, 06:05 PM

Default 1/12

This is wild. Last night, laid down and asleep at 11pm and woke up at 8am. Fell asleep again and back up at 9am accidently!

REALLY NOT NORMAL.

I am usually a 6 hour person a night; 12ish to 6ish. I hadn't been getting my 20 min snooze when I get home from work lately.

I want to keep it around 8 hours. Going to keep pushing back bedtime until it makes my time with wife too short than stop just before that.. she's a chronic night owl Then hit the hay... get up earlier. See if that helps the mood, getting day started.

I hate giving the Y the best part of my day, though, it does help if I go in earlier so I can get home earlier... got to find the best balance, Mann!

Workout: Treadmill, just did some walking today and then steam room/cold pool "meditation time" for about 10 mins. I seriously am NEVER sore when I do this, even after a tough workout like yesterday.

Diet: Doing Great. Nothing out of ordinary; did have some pulled pork at lunch today with my veggies, no one else in the house was going to eat it... hosers. I grilled salmon outside last night, asparagus and rice w/ garlic/butter/onion. So good. The girls now LOVE salmon. Huzzah!

Work: Watching the video today when I'm on my break that Craig shared. Got meeting set with pastor Friday morning and going to be super transparent. Feeling just stuck. I have TONS of gratitude, though... wife, kids, family close, enjoy side passions... but just needing to move ahead/move on work-wise.
Old 01-19-2016, 02:31 PM

Default 1/19

Beautifully cold morning today in the Midwest. The wind is just right, too, so it cuts right through all the layers ha! Wish it would just dump 5-6 inches of snow so the kiddos and I could go out and play.

Wife is just about ready to have this baby. She's pretty much on bed rest right now, but is too stubborn to do it. She's had a terrible sinus infection the last 4 days and that only has been making it worse. I've been super Mann for the whole family, prepping the house for when the baby gets here, fixing most meals, cleaning, etc. Got the bathrooms done first, which are usually people's LAST thing but wanted those ready for guests..next step is clutter.

Dwelling this new year every day, in the mornings and throughout the day on the Proverbs from the Bible. I'm wanting to get wiser and it's a great place to draw from. Especially through the Message, which brings some of the old language into more contemporary reading. WOW. Today was the 30 Precepts of the Sages... SO MUCH WISDOM for life, even if someone isn't a "Bible thumper" like myself Look it up if you are looking for some wisdom today!

"Don’t walk on the poor just because they’re poor, and don’t use your position to crush the weak,Because God will come to their defense; the life you took, he’ll take from you and give back to them."

Workouts:
Super active on Saturday and Sunday; no formal workout, but lots of lifting, cleaning, sweating and house prep work all while rocking an ear infection of some kind. Today is back to the "work norm" so will do 3 days of TT and 2 days of stayin' active!

Diet:
In the midst of the chaos and doing everything for everyone for a short season, I've stuck to my guns. Did have some sweets this weekend unplanned, only letdown from the plan. I'd let some sneak into the house and paid for it. Grocery shopping today or tomorrow will fix that right up. Drinking a ton of water, going to start some vitamin C that I pick up this grocery trip, etc. to defeat this house of sickness.

Work:
Hard work pays off sometimes. All the employees in our association got some kind of bonus this year; first time in the 155 history of the KC Y's that this happened. Huge deal. Our CEO in 5 years turned us from a million dollars in profit loss to a 1.5 million gain this year. He's a great guy, too, remembers your name, will visit with you on a personal level, etc. I got a "bonus" bonus for my department increasing our profits from last year by nearly 15% and only increasing supply costs by 5-6%. WOOP WOOP. I am really proud of this. In 2.5 years I've grown what is considered a "torchbearer" program for youth development in our Y's. Now, just need to keep working hard and get it done.

"Observe people who are good at their work—skilled workers are always in demand and admired; they don’t take a backseat to anyone."

In the midst of the storms this last 4 days or so, haven't applied for jobs. I have scheduled some time to check my "loops" of parks & rec, Ys, city jobs, etc. into a couple of days this week.
Old 01-19-2016, 04:05 PM
Administrator

Congrats on the bonus...and the baby!
Old 01-22-2016, 01:01 AM

Default 1/20 & 21

Wife is down with double pink eye + 38+ weeks pregnant. I took a day off from work today to continue to get things ready, to take care of kids, etc.

PHEW.

Workout: none today. I got a great one Tuesday, great 40 mins or so on Weds of fun activity. Today was all work. Hauling trash around in the snow, taking about 10 boxes up the stairs... then having to bring down 5... lol, I should listen the first time.

Diet: I read Mike Whitfield's e-mail about the snacking before dinner thing and it really struck a chord with me. I have great systems in place; fast overnight, "bland" lunch, simple dinner, some kind "coconut/protein/fruit bowl or premium simple ingredient ice cream with protein/berries" before bed. It's the RANDOM CRAP that's been getting me this time. There's been some emotional snacking... the stress of being 2 adults in the home, caring for the kids, etc. by myself mostly and working the two jobs is taking its toll and its stopped me from being LASER FOCUSED this time around.

Having this baby Mann will ease that, right!?! HAHAHA!

Made the commitment last night, though, and had a great day of no mindless snacking, no unplanned sweets. Thanks, Mr. Mike Whitfield, if you read this It meant alot.

Work: Secured 1/5 of our rental income for the year at my Y by working an organization, which will open the door to a ton of other organizations who plug into this business networking group. Just another thing to add to the old resume and keep going above-and-beyond.

Jack Welch said "Find out what your boss wants and then over-deliver." That's this Mann's mission.

https://michaelhyatt.com/advance-career.html
Old 01-22-2016, 09:00 AM
Administrator

great work, keep pushing!