TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 13th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2012, 02:33 PM
Administrator

Default Official 6-Week Entries for TT Contest #13

You can submit your entry to the 6-week mini-contest of the 13th TT Transformation Contest here.

Please post your photos and your essay in this thread.

NOTE: This thread is only for final photos and essays. All other posts will be removed.

DOUBLE NOTE: You can also email your entries to support@turbulencetraining.com

Congratulations!

And stay strong for those final 6 weeks.

To your success,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
Old 02-25-2012, 12:41 AM

Default Mom's Entry

Hey Craig; I am submitting this entry for my mom. I am so proud of her for sticking through this! Thanks again for your awesome programs, literally adding years of life to my family
-Rachel
-------------
Total Transformation Contest Entry

Rebecca, age 51

Like many, I have battled being overweight for most of my life. Sometimes I have been winning the battle, sometimes not. As a child my favorite sport was horseback riding. Through college I continued riding and also added tennis, dance, and a Nautilus weight program. The weight training was my favorite fitness choice and I loved the quick results and fewer workouts!

Graduation, marriage, and children came along and somehow I gradually lost focus on my own health and fitness. In 1996 about a year after the birth of my fourth child, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. The chronic fatigue and pain made exercise difficult, and living in a rural community meant that the gym was not nearby.

Over the next ten years I did sporadically pursue fitness walking and some time at the local “Y.” I also began implementing some dietary changes to reduce my fibromyalgia symptoms. Still, I was not very good at juggling family life, working, community service, and commitment to self-care. My weight ballooned to the point that only exercise I was comfortable with was walking.

In 2010 I found a “whole life” plan that started me back on the road to some weight loss restored health. But still, the progress was slow. In 2011, one of my daughters (first place winner in the 2011 Total Transformation Contest) introduced me to The Diet Solution, and I began to implement those principles in my kitchen. The weight began coming off and at this point I have lost 62 pounds!

As the food plan began to work some weight was coming off and the fibromyalgia symptoms were decreasing; I began to feel like an exercise plan was now a reasonable goal. My daughter suggested that I try Turbulence Training, since she had had such great success with it. I said, “No way, I could never do that!” But she persisted in encouraging me to look at the programs. At the start of 2012 I decided I would give it a try.

So now I am 6 weeks into the program! I started with the Prep Phase of the 6-month Bodyweightmanual. Now I am using the 2010 Total Torso Training for Beginners. I love only needing to workout 3 days a week and the exercises don’t get boring because each day is a different set of exercises. The scale tells me that I have lost 5 pounds since I started TT, but most impressively I have lost a total of 9-3/4 inches overall since beginning the program and I am enjoying greater stamina in my everyday activities. Thanks Craig and TT!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ttfrontstart.jpg (74.2 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg ttfront6wk.jpg (72.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg ttsidestart.jpg (74.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg ttside6wk.jpg (77.3 KB, 17 views)

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

My TTTC 10 Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9998
Old 02-26-2012, 12:05 AM

Default 6 week entry

My TT adventure began a few years back. I joined a gym to lose those post pregnancy pounds and spent a year following the guidance of a personal trainer with very little results. Frustrated with the money and time spent, I put my efforts into some online research and found Craig’s Total Turbulence program. These programs are great and with less time and less money, I saw much better results! My biggest challenge is keeping my nutrition in check. I have been on and off the nutrition wagon numerous times. It is so easy to add the weight, but it is definitely hard work to get rid of it! I barely fit anything in my closet and am tired of wanting that pre-pregnancy body back, so TT contest #13 came at a great time. I am ready to accept my poor nutrition choices and move forward. If I don’t make the choice to change my path, no one else will make it for me.

Goals:
I have two goals for this contest. The first is to fit back into my pre-pregnancy clothes whether they are completely out of style or not! My closet is overflowing with pre-pregnancy clothes that don’t fit, but I can’t bear to throw out, and post pregnancy ‘fat’ clothes which also haven’t fit for a while and the few clothes that actually fit! My second goal is to be able to do at least one unassisted chin up!

Results:
At 6 weeks I can now easily fit into my post-pregnancy ‘fat’ clothes – yay! I’m actually very happy about this as it has been quite a while! I am excited to continue this journey to fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes and send my entire closet off to the goodwill! I can not do an unassisted chin up yet, but feel much stronger at the 6 week mark. I am very happy with my results to date.

Day 1 6 week
Waist @ narrow 31” 30”
Waist @ navel 36.5” 34.5”
Mid-upper arm L 11.5” R 11.5” L 11” R 11.25”
Mid-thigh L 21.5” R 21.25” L 21” R 21”
Hip 41” 39”
Chest under arms 37” 34.5”
Chest below bust 31.5” 30.5”

Weight 151.4 lbs 143.8 lbs
Age 39
Height 5’4”

Workouts:

I used TT Transformation for weeks 1-4 and am now mid-way through Big 6 Circuit.

Support/Motivation:

I really enjoy the training tips that are sent out for the contest. I have found that they give me some motivation and keep me thinking about why I am on this journey. I also follow Craig’s facebook page. I really like the almost daily Q&A sessions he does and I have used these sessions to get a little feedback on some of my training. I do peruse the members forum, but find that there is so much there it is a little overwhelming and being a typical busy mom, I haven’t found the time to settle in to the forums.

The first few weeks were the toughest to get into a routine and each morning as the alarm clock went off at 4:40am I had to keep telling myself “No one is going to do this for you. If this is what you want, you have to get up and do it for you!” And that is what I did, I got up and did it. I feel great all day knowing that I have already completed my workout.

Nutrition:

This is my biggest challenge by far! I try to take some time, once a week, to plan my meals to ensure I stay on track. I also use the Lose It! App on my phone to track my food intake. I follow Isabel De Los Rios Diet Solution as much as possible. I have eliminated most processed foods and have significantly increased my vegetable intake (hello kale, swiss chard and spinach). Following Isabel’s clean eating has helped me kick my serious sugar addiction and I can easily say no to cake day at work! I really get a lot from Craig’s daily tips and got a lot out of a recent one: “real regrets only come from not doing your best”. The only person I am hurting is myself when I use excuses for poor eating – so a big thank you to Craig for keeping me in line! Fueling the body right makes such a difference in the TT workouts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front day1.jpg (25.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg front2 6wk.jpg (9.1 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg side day1.jpg (6.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg side 6wk.jpg (9.1 KB, 18 views)