TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 13th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2012, 10:31 AM

"Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work."
Old 01-18-2012, 01:03 PM

Hey!!

I live on a lake in the Midwest where I spend a lot of time skippering my own boat and traveling to all the different lakes. Mostly, in Wisconsin, Michigan, Indian, Iowa and Florida. Right now the lakes are frozen, and everyone is biting at the bit to go ice boating. Itís a hoot and I have one, but I donít race it. My skill level isn't that great on one.

I am originally from San Francisco and travel back to race quite a bit. Iíve been on this team for over seven years (there are 11 of us). Itís tough being the only girl on the team. At times thereís a lot of pressure buts all good.

Iíve sailed in Busan, Korea with the US Womanís Team and other events around the country and internationally with various teams. Right now I am training for Antigua.

Thanks for asking!

Today morning came fast. I was so pumped up ready for my workout.

TT Meatheads M-MRT workout B finished with a mile run today with my dog Skipper. I donít normally run. I am a terrible runner, so I am focusing on running two or three times a week.

Workout:
Bench Press (I donít have a bench, so I used a SB)
Pull down
BB Row
DB Fly-Press
DB Row
Strap Pushups
DB Rear-Delt Raise Ė

Breakfast Ė

Three egg omelet with kale (just egg and kale)
Juiced Ė grapefruit and ginger with beet and blue berryís (not the best tasting) but I drank it.

Havenít decided whatís for lunch or dinner yet. Any suggestions would be fabulous. BTW I am a vegetarian. I do eat fishÖWhat are you all thinking of having today?
Old 01-18-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesa View Post
Hey!!

I live on a lake in the Midwest where I spend a lot of time skippering my own boat and traveling to all the different lakes. Mostly, in Wisconsin, Michigan, Indian, Iowa and Florida. Right now the lakes are frozen, and everyone is biting at the bit to go ice boating. Itís a hoot and I have one, but I donít race it. My skill level isn't that great on one.

I am originally from San Francisco and travel back to race quite a bit. Iíve been on this team for over seven years (there are 11 of us). Itís tough being the only girl on the team. At times thereís a lot of pressure buts all good.

Iíve sailed in Busan, Korea with the US Womanís Team and other events around the country and internationally with various teams. Right now I am training for Antigua.

Thanks for asking!

Today morning came fast. I was so pumped up ready for my workout.

TT Meatheads M-MRT workout B finished with a mile run today with my dog Skipper. I donít normally run. I am a terrible runner, so I am focusing on running two or three times a week.

Workout:
Bench Press (I donít have a bench, so I used a SB)
Pull down
BB Row
DB Fly-Press
DB Row
Strap Pushups
DB Rear-Delt Raise Ė

Breakfast Ė

Three egg omelet with kale (just egg and kale)
Juiced Ė grapefruit and ginger with beet and blue berryís (not the best tasting) but I drank it.

Havenít decided whatís for lunch or dinner yet. Any suggestions would be fabulous. BTW I am a vegetarian. I do eat fishÖWhat are you all thinking of having today?
If you're looking for a good lentil soup, I linked to a recipe last week in my thread for citrusy lentil soup- so wonderful and very nutritious, and the whole thing (made about 14-16 servings?) only had about 2c black beans, so decent even if you're low carbing it. You could add more beans, or other veg (I added pepper and carrots that weren't called for).

I had salmon the other night and it was amazing! I'll look and see what fish/veg recipes I have that I've tried (they would all be healthy). I'll keep you in mind when I try some of the new ones I've looked up, too

workouts looking good, and fun that you went running with your dog! My dog would love that, but I am such a warm weather girl that you won't catch me running in this unless I'm running for my life! lol

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

My TTTC 10 Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9998
Old 01-19-2012, 08:50 AM

Hi Rachel

THANK YOU directing to the link for the lentil soup recipe. I am having this tonight. I cant wait. I ended up having baked cod with a cucumber salad. Running outside is fabulous but I cant today. Its so cold 8 outside right now..

Today is my off day. I am doing yoga today. Yeah! I love to stretch.

Wishing for warm weather....

-L
Old 01-19-2012, 09:11 AM

Oh my, 8*? And I was complaining about 20* this morning. I hate the cold so much!!!!!! On the upside, my Incredibly Wonderful and Amazing husband is giving me a sauna for my birthday!!!! We can't really afford it, but whatever - bring on the heat!!!!
Old 01-19-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletyger View Post
Oh my, 8*? And I was complaining about 20* this morning. I hate the cold so much!!!!!! On the upside, my Incredibly Wonderful and Amazing husband is giving me a sauna for my birthday!!!! We can't really afford it, but whatever - bring on the heat!!!!
8 here too, when I drove to work...........wish I could go back to my daughters in Phoenix............
Old 01-19-2012, 01:59 PM

A sauna! That's fabulous. I am so jealous. The wind came up and its below zero now. OMG. I am jumping in your sauna. So, my kangaroo pouch is bothering me today.

I put on my coldgear long sleeve compression mock by Under Armour underneath my shirt to keep me warm. Well it wasn't too flattering by itself. It 's my motivation not to snack on junk today. Ha-ha
Old 01-19-2012, 02:56 PM

Lesa, it's a 2 person so you'll fit! I don't have it yet, so I think I'll use the one at the gym tonight. I'll be sending mental heat waves your way!

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle - yeah!
Old 01-19-2012, 10:52 PM

Awesome! Your so lucky. I just got home and wishing I had a sauna to jump into. I am so there!

After reading your post I just cracked up....When I'm at the beach, I'm in a speedo trying to tan my cheeks .... Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle - yeah! So flipping funny!

BTW loved the soup! Thanks so much!

So tomorrow whats your the plan?

I am working out at 5:30 am (normal time) and tomorrow night I am planning on going skiing. I love it.

I'll pack a little basket to take to the ski hill for dinner. I am planning to grill some fish, have a little salad and have some sparkling water in a wine glass for my "fancy" drink. The weather tomorrow evening is calling for white fluffy snow. YAY!

-L
Old 01-20-2012, 09:38 AM

"Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work."