TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 13th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2012, 04:38 PM

Wow - Thanks everyone for your support! I can't believe how nice you all are!

I'm 5'4" tall. I must admit I feel a little defensive when I'm asked questions about my height & weight because at the gym some people feel the need to "chastise" me for working out too much/too hard. I know that I'm not fat, but I also know that my body is 20% fat (based on an Omron monitor) and I could look and feel better than I do right now. Working out not only makes me feel good but it also seems to keep the MS at bay. I think it's odd that people feel the need to comment when I'm trying to do something good for myself. It's probably their own insecurity, I guess. Okay, defensiveness over.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletyger View Post

I'm 5'4" tall. I must admit I feel a little defensive when I'm asked questions about my height & weight because at the gym some people feel the need to "chastise" me for working out too much/too hard. I know that I'm not fat, but I also know that my body is 20% fat (based on an Omron monitor) and I could look and feel better than I do right now. Working out not only makes me feel good but it also seems to keep the MS at bay. I think it's odd that people feel the need to comment when I'm trying to do something good for myself. It's probably their own insecurity, I guess. Okay, defensiveness over.
It doesnt matter what anyone else thinks.........it is what YOU think that counts! Rob
Old 01-16-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:

Believe me, no criticism from me, just curious. Rob is right- it's about what makes you feel best as long as it's healthy for your body. I'm your height and I weigh between 110-116 depending on the scale. I work out hard, I push myself a lot, and I hear a lot of criticism for it (I lost 40 lbs last year). It frustrates the heck out of me when people can't be happy for me and instead want to tell me that they think I'm too thin. My doctor thinks I'm healthy- I feel better than I ever have, and I love to challenge myself and I eat healthily and a lot... so yeah. Anyway, I know what you mean... and you won't find that kind of criticism here

keep rocking it, excited to follow you as you pursue your goals.

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

My TTTC 10 Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9998
Old 01-17-2012, 09:21 AM

Hey!!

You have the right attitude. You feel great, you’re healthier, and our right if you’re receiving comments from others its their own insecurity’s. And when you hear something like that think of the song from Lmfao – I am Sexy and I Know It!

Ha –ha … I had someone tell me once to eat a doughnut. So always consider the source.

Keep up the good work it pays off!
Old 01-17-2012, 02:31 PM

Thanks, Rachel and Lesa! Again, sorry for the defensiveness. It's cool to know that I'm not the only one that hears that. When I was training for my stair race and working out really hard I sorta started to feel embarrassed and self-conscious. Sometimes people can go overboard with the fitness stuff, so I double checked with my doctor, one of the personal trainers at the gym and most importantly my husband. They all thought I looked good & healthy, so now I ignore the comments and try to offer words of motivation & inspiration back.

Thanks again for your support! I want the old me back!!!

Lesa, I love that song!
Old 01-17-2012, 05:22 PM

Talking

Quote:
Thanks, Rachel and Lesa! Again, sorry for the defensiveness. It's cool to know that I'm not the only one that hears that. When I was training for my stair race and working out really hard I sorta started to feel embarrassed and self-conscious. Sometimes people can go overboard with the fitness stuff, so I double checked with my doctor, one of the personal trainers at the gym and most importantly my husband. They all thought I looked good & healthy, so now I ignore the comments and try to offer words of motivation & inspiration back.

Thanks again for your support! I want the old me back!!!

Lesa, I love that song!
It seems it is all a "mind" thing........in ours or somebody elses!!!!LOL During Christmas, I went to Phoenix to my daughters for the first time........she had me go to Hot Yoga and Pilates. Now, if I was a 25 year old male, and this was 20 years ago, I wouldnt have been caught dead at something like that......but now....when you get as old as I am, you dont care what anybody else thinks...............LOL...............but.......i t is all what we put into our heads, I think............Rob
Old 01-17-2012, 11:23 PM

You said it Rob!!

BTW I love that song too. Oh yay! Its a good one. "I workout"
Old 01-18-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesa View Post
BTW I love that song too. Oh yay! Its a good one. "I workout"
I smile just reading that!! That should be the TTTC 13 theme song! Or at least our "war cry" - da da da "I workout!"
Old 01-18-2012, 10:24 AM

OMG for-sure! I love it. When I was working out this morning I thought of you and the song and just busted up laughing. "This is how I roll, animal print pants, out o control"

Cheers to our TTTC 13 theme song!
Old 01-18-2012, 11:17 AM

I'm a little more on track this week.

Mon
Exercise - Treadmill sprints: Incline 2, Work Rate 9.5 for 35 sec, Recovery 5.0 (jogging backward) for 55 sec

Nutrition - Fasted from 9 pm Sun to 9 pm Mon. Broke fast w/ Garden Lites Butternut Squash souffle and Kashi granola bar. Drank lots o' water and tea!

Tue
Exercise - Worked out w/ a friend, did Leg Presses & Pushups, Squats and Rows, Planks & Burpees (one leg in TRX strap), and some climbing wall.

Nutrition - I was on the road all day, so my food had to be kind of portable: Whole grain english muffin & protein smoothie, big salad (romaine, broccoli, yellow squash & salsa) & an apple, lemon Chobani yogurt & Kashi granola bar, coffee & protein "cookie", 2 clementines & 1/2 sandwich (chicken breast, whole wheat bread, romaine & mustard).

I've lost 3 pounds since my start (1/9) and I can feel my muscles coming back to life! Yay!

da da da "I workout!"