TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 13th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2012, 09:55 AM

Smile New Manifestation of Me

Hi! I'm Lisa. I'm new to TT and I've joined the Transformation Contest. I don't have a lot of weight to lose (I'll post pix over the weekend), but my challenge is in what can't be seen. I have Multiple Sclerosis (diagnosed in 2008) as well as hypothyroidism, a fractured vertebra in my lower back and nerve damage in my left foot. Since 2008 I've been learning how to deal with these issues. I went from walking with a cane and weighing 132 lbs in 2008 to losing 23 lbs and coming in first place female in a race to the top of the John Hancock Tower (61 flrs) in Boston this past fall. It was all about exercise and nutrition. The problem I'm facing now is a life issue - my father has cancer and is in the early stages of dementia and has only my 80 yr old mother and myself to care for him. What does this have to do with TC13? Fitness is not only about exercise and nutrition. Since last fall I stopped going to the gym and I stress-eat. I've gained weight, lost muscle tone and feel depressed. I'm starting to feel pain in my lower back and foot again. I need to transform the way I think and cope with life.

I'm off to a rocky start. I did well with the exercise: started Tuesday with TT intermediate workout A, did some cardio Wed and did workout B yesterday (I need to make both a little harder or go to the regular TT workout), but my nutrition is horrible. I'm not sleeping well, so I'm drinking lattes all day and when I get stressed I just want eat, eat, EAT! I started a food journal and then got so bummed that I stopped filling it out. That's the kind of thinking I need to change. It's not just about what I eat - it's why and what could I have done differently. Baby steps. I really believe this contest will help me to learn to live better.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Welcome Lisa, and congratulations on having accomplished so much. Sorry to hear about the family struggles, but stay strong, and gather support here...we are here to help.

Nutrition changes will be a snap for you given how well you have done in the past.

Craig
Old 01-13-2012, 11:46 AM

Greetings Lisa, welcome to TT. You have much to deal with and sound a bit overwhelmed. As Craig said, you have been down this road before. Start slowly. Make one change, stick with it and then one more. Each success will build and make it easier. Good luck. This contest is 12 weeks, but your success will benefit for a lifetime. Concetta
Old 01-13-2012, 12:37 PM

Thanks so much for the support, Craig and Concetta! I don't know that it will be a snap, but I'll certainly persevere. I am a little overwhelmed. On top of all this I'm trying to get a business off the ground. Not the best timing, but that's what happens sometimes. That's why I need this. Thanks again!
Old 01-13-2012, 07:11 PM

Current stats - as of the beginning of the week anyway:

Weight - 116

Thighs - 21.75"
Calves - 13.5"
Waist - 26.5"
Hips - 31.5"
Biceps - 9"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1978.JPG (43.2 KB, 44 views)
Old 01-13-2012, 09:57 PM

Welcome aboard, Lisa.

How tall are you by chance?

sorry to hear about all your medical problems, but good on you for your attitude and mentality about it!

Keep the food journal. I know it can be depressing, but just make little gradual changes. It's about what you can maintain, and its definitely about changing mentality. I think the mental part is one of the hardest parts to conquer, but I know you can do it! Just keep pushing!

Looking forward to your success!

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

My TTTC 10 Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9998
Old 01-15-2012, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedicrr View Post
Welcome aboard, Lisa.

How tall are you by chance?

sorry to hear about all your medical problems, but good on you for your attitude and mentality about it!

Keep the food journal. I know it can be depressing, but just make little gradual changes. It's about what you can maintain, and its definitely about changing mentality. I think the mental part is one of the hardest parts to conquer, but I know you can do it! Just keep pushing!

Looking forward to your success!
I concur ..........also I sent you a personal message (top right of your screen). Good luck in the contest! Rob
Old 01-15-2012, 10:59 AM

Welcome Lisa.

Just wanted to stop in and say good luck, I know working out can be difficult when you have health challenges. I know you'll do well. Keep up the good work!

"Never, ever, ever give up."
Old 01-15-2012, 05:40 PM

Good to see you here, Lisa. This is a great place to be for social support. I second what others have said about the food journal. I use it over the long term, too - to look back and see what I was doing when things were "good" and to compare with when things were not as I would have liked them to be. It really is a terrific tool; whenever I stop writing it down, I've given myself the ticket to eat whatever I want (and I do).

Old 01-16-2012, 02:43 PM

Hi Lisa, welcome to the forums You've got a lot going on, but this is a great place to keep nutrition/exercise in check, leaving you to focus on other things.

Good luck in the contest - make little changes and they'll soon become habit