TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 13th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2012, 05:58 PM

Default Which way to go

Hi Guys, I'm going to enter the 13th transformation contest and would like some advice on approach.

I'm used to and enjoy doing weight training within the various TT workouts. But what is the best plan to trim down and get fitter over the 12 weeks?

I currently weigh 127kgs/20st/280lbs so quite heavy, but love sport and am fairly active. I play squash twice a week, good intensity swim for 20 mins 2-3 times a week and football (soccer) once a week.

So taking into account the above, what would be the best TT workouts for me to achieve weightloss in this transformation contest? Should I start from scratch with bodyweight workouts? Go with a meathead?

Any advice or opinions would be much appreciated.

Good luck with your goals.

Rickster
Old 01-12-2012, 06:18 PM

I think any of the recent MRT programs would be excellent.

But you didn't mention what your diet plan is. That is more important than program selection if your goal is fat loss.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:41 PM

I agree with Peter.... diet is the biggest factor in success.... how are your eating habits? If you really want to lose, you should be logging everything going into your mouth for at least a week- I know I used to drastically underestimate the calories I took in...

You also didn't say how tall you are, or your goal weight. Is weight loss your main goal for this TT contest? Do you have any strength goals?

What sort of TT workouts do you usually do?

best wishes to you!

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

My TTTC 10 Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9998
Old 01-13-2012, 07:54 AM
Administrator

I recommend you simply start with the intermediate program from the main Turbulence Training for Fat Loss manual.

Give it two weeks on that plan. That's where I prefer almost everyone starts.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:46 AM

Hi guys, thanks for the responses.

Height is 5'10. Weight loss is the main goal, but I would also like to add strength if possible. I think my ideal weight would be around 15-16st/220lbs/95kg as I would envisage putting on more muscle, size and strength.

I want to focus on trimming down my midsection (stomach/waistline) as I know this is putting strain on my back and knees. From doing TT workouts as well as all my sporting activity, I have noticed a lot more definition in my legs, back, chest - just struggling to get the midsection down. I suppose this is where diet comes into play and as mentioned is more important than any workout. That's why from the beginning of the year to bring in healthier eating habits.

Thanks for the support.

Rickster
Old 01-19-2012, 09:10 AM

Hey

It sounds like a lot of us have the same goal this time. Our "midsections" is getting a lot of play in the forum.

Itís like Craig says.... You canít out train a bad diet... if you havenít already seen the youtube video:

DIET vs EXERCISE Episode 1: Fat Loss Diet versus Best Cardio Workout to Burn Belly Fat

I highly recommend checking it out.

It really puts things into perspective.

- L