TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 13th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2012, 11:01 AM

Great work so far Rachel. It's inspiring how far you've come in a year. I'm looking forward to when I'm in the position of trying to lose the last few pounds. Good job!

"Never, ever, ever give up."
Old 01-15-2012, 11:15 AM

Hi Rachel,
Just wanted to let you know that I have been reading your threads over the past year, and have found your approach, attitude and determination really inspiring! I am an avid fan of Craig's TT workouts, but have not (yet) participated in any of the transformation contests...your success and results are certainly making me consider it more seriously though!
Best of luck to you in achieving your goals this time around as well
-L
Old 01-15-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortWingPilot View Post
Great work so far Rachel. It's inspiring how far you've come in a year. I'm looking forward to when I'm in the position of trying to lose the last few pounds. Good job!
Thanks It is pretty awesome what I've accomplished in a year. I can't wait for you to be in the same boat as well- stick with it, and you'll get there

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola123 View Post
Hi Rachel,
Just wanted to let you know that I have been reading your threads over the past year, and have found your approach, attitude and determination really inspiring! I am an avid fan of Craig's TT workouts, but have not (yet) participated in any of the transformation contests...your success and results are certainly making me consider it more seriously though!
Best of luck to you in achieving your goals this time around as well
-L
Hi Lola! Thank you so much for the compliment! I'm so glad I can be an inspiration to someone. You should do a contest! It really was a huge motivation for me--- or at least frequent the boards and post/interact with us! I love the energy here- how everyone really roots for each other's success even if we're competing against each other. It's really awesome Best of luck to you in achieving your goals as well!

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

My TTTC 10 Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9998
Old 01-15-2012, 02:09 PM

Default Saturday/Sunday first half

Okay- I didn't get any workout in yesterday.. I had wanted to but when I got back from dress shopping with my bridesmaids I was so exhausted. I laid down to take a nap but it lasted 7 hours! When i woke up it was night time, and I ate supper then took melatonin and went back to bed. I needed the sleep though, so it's okay. Yesterday and today are my off days from TT anyway. I will do something today, and I'm going to go ride my horse... so it'll all wash out in the end.

Diet was okay yesterday considering it was my cheat day of the week.

Today so far I have had 2 pieces of cinnamon raisin ezekiel bread with some organic cream cheese and hot cocoa. I'm going to have some coffee, and then figure out what I'm having for lunch. I ate a later breakfast so I will probably just focus on veggies until dinner.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

Old 01-15-2012, 07:20 PM

Default Today's Workout

Okay, so I modified the week 2, day 4 workout from bodyrock.tv for my workout today. I don't tend to like things that require a crunch motion (the star toe touches that were called for in this workout especially)... and then I just decided to do more cardio.... so my workout looked like this

50 seconds work/10 seconds rest, did this workout 2 times thru for a total of 12 minutes.
1)Burpee with pushup + plyometric jump (I did the first set with this, and the second set with jump tucks...) 8, 8
2)High Knees (was originally going to do w/ jump rope, but ceiling in basement isn't high enough...boo) 124, 140
3)10 High Knees + 10 mountain climbers: 4, 4.5 sets
4)High Knees - 125, 142
5)Squat jumps with sandbag (loaded w/ 20 lbs)- 30, 36
6)High Knees- 134, 141

I really pushed myself with the high knees... and everything else for that matter. It was a good workout.

I didn't end up eating anything at lunchtime... still trying to figure out what's for dinner. I need to make a store run... but... ugh, I hate going to the store. Oh well... needs to be done! Perhaps I'll do something quick/easy for dinner then head to store.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:23 PM

Just wanted to thank you for forwarding me onto bodyrock.tv. Great site. I would kill for that girl's body, Wow!!

Your workout today looks pretty hard. May add that to my arsenal of HIIT workouts. Who knew 12 minutes could be that brutal??

Have a great night.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgjohnston View Post
Just wanted to thank you for forwarding me onto bodyrock.tv. Great site. I would kill for that girl's body, Wow!!

Your workout today looks pretty hard. May add that to my arsenal of HIIT workouts. Who knew 12 minutes could be that brutal??

Have a great night.
thanks for stopping by again, heather

yeah, it's an awesome website. They have some pretty good recipes as well. I would kill for her body too (The girl that has hosted the recent videos- Lisa Marie. I like her definition more than the original host, Zuzanna. Zuz has too much definition for me, esp in the pics that border the edges of the site). I love that most of the workouts are only 12 minutes- If I'm having a "blah" attitude toward working out, I can talk myself into 12 minutes a lot easier than I can talk myself into 45. Such a mental game!

I enjoyed my workout today. I like having a set of 6 exercises that I repeat again for a 12 min workout (or even sometimes repeat 2x for 18 min workout)... I'm always so motivated to beat my score from the previous round.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:24 PM

Default So Stoked about my workout!

So... I had a good day diet wise...
Breakfast: 2 applegate farm organic sausage links, 1 piece ezekiel bread with allfruit, coffee
Lunch: 1 bowl organic tomato soup, 1 cup broccoli
snack: more coffee! and 1/2 cup organic greek yogurt with allfruit
dinner: spanish steak (croc pot) and mixed veggies
post workout: organic choc milk

Workout:
I redid a fitness test I did three weeks ago a la bodyrock.

50 sec work/10sec rest

squat jump 55 (did 40 3 wks ago)
pushups 30 (did 25 3 wks ago)
burpees 16 (did 12? or 14 3 wks ago)
High knees 157 (did 127 3 wks ago)
Jump lunges 44 (did 30 3 wks ago)
Tuck jumps 21 (did 12 3 wks ago)
Situps 26 (did 19 3 wks ago)

so... I totally rocked it! I was so stoked. I love it when I am good about keeping up with my logs and can tell I'm getting fitter.

TT workout:

1a) DB Squat (8) - did all 3 sets with 2- 20#db's (up from 15# last week)
1b)C-G Pushup (8)- did all 8 on toes... these are still tough. If I stick w this workout another week I may try to do some of the first set declined

2a) 1 leg hip extension (12 ea) - did all each set
2b)Prone Stick up (10) - did all
2c) Bird Dog (8rps)- did all

3a)Stability ball rollout (8) did all
3b)Side plank (20 sec/side) - did 25 sec/side first set, 30 sec/side sets 2 and 3

Hope everyone had a good Monday. Mine has been really busy and I am headed to bed now- I didn't get to do measurements/weight today. I will try and do at least measurements tomorrow before I eat in the AM (I can't remember if I posted my originals? if not I will add them when I update).

Remember: Achieving your dreams is hard work.

Old 01-17-2012, 02:55 PM

Hi Rachel! I checked out your pix from the beginning of TTTC10 and the ones from the other day - WOW! You look FABULOUS! You should be so proud of yourself. When I was in my best shape last fall I still had that tiny roll thing under my belly button. I guess it's just Nature trying to do what it thinks is right. You're going to look awesome in your wedding gown. You had better post pix of that, too!

Lisa
Old 01-18-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletyger View Post
Hi Rachel! I checked out your pix from the beginning of TTTC10 and the ones from the other day - WOW! You look FABULOUS! You should be so proud of yourself. When I was in my best shape last fall I still had that tiny roll thing under my belly button. I guess it's just Nature trying to do what it thinks is right. You're going to look awesome in your wedding gown. You had better post pix of that, too!

Lisa
Thanks, Lisa

I didn't do a workout yesterday but did well with nutrition. Today has been not so great on the nutrition front, and I haven't worked out yet (I get off at 6p and will be doing my workout once I get home). I don't think I'll ever get to a point where I don't have a few unplanned cheats every week, and I'm starting to be okay with that. You only live once. Most of my unplanned cheats aren't "Bad" for me per se (it's usually dark chocolate, or too much cream in my coffee, etc)- so I just need to listen to my body.

I measured myself yesterday. Gained 1/4 inch in my shoulders and lost about an inch on my waist measurement below my belly button (yay!) and 1/4 inch at my natural waist. I'm debating what to do about that. I'm sure it can't drop much lower, physically. Eventually I want to try to add some muscle to my lats (My waist measures about 2 inches smaller than my VI ideal number right now I think) and the lat definition would help fix that, I think, or perhaps less lower oblique work? but I don't know. No scale weight (don't own a scale, and forgot to hop on my friend's last night).

It's my birthday this weekend and I'm going to enjoy it! I'm not sure what my fiance has planned but he asked me to bring a nice dress to go out in (yeah, long distance relationship- I'm flying to see him tomorrow!). I'm going to still do my workouts as planned, no slacking on that department, but a little more lax in the wine/food department so long as almost all of it follows my nutrition rules that I live by (no HFCS food, no breads unless SWG.... etc).

How are you guys doing? Most everyone looks to be doing well by their threads Keep it up!