TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 13th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2012, 11:14 PM

Default thank you

I appreciate all the support and wonderful comments....

rob- it's a good thing because cocaine fudge can't be resisted. lol!

hal- yeah, its getting there. I just don't understand what I'd have to do differently to get rid of what little bit I have there. Lots more lower ab exercises I guess. I have very strong upper abs, but not as much strength in my lower abs- partially related to a horseback riding accident I had that resulted in a change in the cartilage in my posterior pelvis- basically it makes it easy to pop my hip in and out, and as such a lot of the "good" lower ab exercises aren't good for me to do.

amanda- stick with it, you will get fab results too!

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

My TTTC 10 Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9998
Old 01-11-2012, 03:41 PM

Hello again,

I did an earlier workout than usual today- it went really well. I broke a decent sweat (and it takes a LOT for me to sweat enough to actually form beads of sweat, lol)

TT Home Abs workout B

Warm up:
DB step up (8/side with 75 % weight) - I did them with the same weight because I'm maxed out on my db- 20 lb db's
elevated pushup (5/side)

1a) DB step up (8/side) - 20#, 20#, 20#
1b) Elev pushup (8/side)- did these with the elev side on one of those weighted pilates mini-balls- fun

2a) SBLC- 15, 15, 15
2b) DB row- 20#, 20#, 20#
2c) Mountain climber (8/side) - i did these with my feet on the ball as well

3a) SB plank(15s) did 20s, 15s, 15s
3b) side plank with leg raises (5/side)

then my bodyrock workout.....It was supposed to have 6 exercises X2, but I only did 5 of themX2

50 sec on/10 sec rest
-box jump (like jump forward, jump right jump back, etc- so jumping in the shape of a box, not onto a box) +1/2 burpee (alt sides) -8,7
-Lunge and swing w/ sandbag (20# in bag)-24, 23
-Tricep dip + knee tuck - 7, 8 (these are the HARDEST thing for me, I was gassed at this point)
-2 diagonal pike jumps/1 plank jack/r and l knee to elbow- 7, 8

Nutrition today:
2 cups coffee with organic creamer
2 applegate farm sausage links
6 oz yogurt with allfruit

lunch is going to be something with veggies (I know, late lunch....). I am headed out to see my horse and ride after that... then studying and I'll update what dinner is tonight.

hope you all are having a good Wednesday!

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

Old 01-12-2012, 09:37 PM

Default Off Day

Today was an off day- I realized that I worked out the last 7 consecutive days- not overworking, and did "active recovery" (or my version of it) on 2 of those days, but I decided it would be good to take an off off day. So, other than walking around for/at work, I didn't do anything exertional.

I also took a nice long soak in the hottub tonight which was nice for my sore muscles after yesterday's workout. In addition to what I posted, I helped my mom through her workout, so I did a bunch of exercises to show her how to do them. I've finally gotten her to try something, so I'm thrilled She's lost about 60 lbs in the past 2.5 years; 40ish of them after me sharing my diet with her last year when I changed how I ate. I'm super proud of her, and so glad she's doing this for herself I got her to take before pictures and she's doing a TT workout, so she might enter the contest when it's all said and done

diet today:
1 cup coffee with organic cream and stevia
lunch was leftover from dinner last night- spicy peanut chicken (this was awesome! The chicken is about 160 cal/serving with 115 cal worth of brown rice.
tonight, dinner was browned cauliflower (really good- raw cauliflower, basted with olive oil, and then with garlic, salt and pepper- browned in cast iron pan and then placed in the oven to bake for a few minutes on a pizza stone. yum!), steamed broccoli, and baked salmon.
I had a glass of red wine with dinner.
otherwise, I've gotten closer to my water goal today- I'm almost to my daily goal. It's hard for me to drink the water I'm supposed to in the winter when it's not hot outside.

Hope you all had a great day!

Old 01-12-2012, 10:26 PM

Hi Rachel. Thanks for stopping by my log. Just wanted to say your before picture looks great- not quite sure where that roll that you are talking about is though . Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. How exciting!

Sounds like your mom is on a roll. A 60 lb weight loss, that is fantastic! So great that you can do this together. Look what a positive influence you are.

I look forward to following your progress and reading your log.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:24 AM

thank you for the kind words. My before pictures this go round are worlds better than my tttc10 pictures- I still look at those pics in disbelief that I let myself get to that point. I know there's not much of a roll left- it doesn't even really become a roll until I bend over or sit down... but I'd love for it to leave completely!

Mom has done so well for herself. I can't wait to see her continue to progress.

edited to add: I succumbed to temptations tonight and had 3 ginger snap cookies. I'm staying at a friend's house and I just looove ginger cookies! ugh. so about a 120 cal setback. Ah well, back at it

Last edited by firemedicrr : 01-13-2012 at 12:25 AM. Reason: add info
Old 01-13-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedicrr View Post
thank you for the kind words. My before pictures this go round are worlds better than my tttc10 pictures- I still look at those pics in disbelief that I let myself get to that point. I know there's not much of a roll left- it doesn't even really become a roll until I bend over or sit down... but I'd love for it to leave completely!

Mom has done so well for herself. I can't wait to see her continue to progress.

edited to add: I succumbed to temptations tonight and had 3 ginger snap cookies. I'm staying at a friend's house and I just looove ginger cookies! ugh. so about a 120 cal setback. Ah well, back at it
I hear you on the "roll". People say to me, "I don't see anything" but they don't see the part of my abdomen that sits below my bikini line. I'd love to be able to wear a bikini that sits lower, but right now it is absolutely not an option. It just looks so strange - being rather lean and then having this very obvious "spare tire". Rob had a similar goal last contest of "getting rid of floppy" and everyone said the same thing to him..."where?".

I definitely look forward to your progress (and my own!) on getting rid of that last bit off the abdomen.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:13 PM

hal- so nice to have someone who understands! I can see it; I know it's not far off from being what I want if I stick to good choices with food and keep consistent with my workouts- the problem is that this is my sabotage point... I've been right about the same weight/size for about 6 months now, and I'm ready to make some more changes for the better. I think my body needed some time to stay consistent and just maintain what I had lost... while my fitness level has improved, my shape hasn't changed, but I know some of that is a)lack of consistency with workouts and diet and b) not pushing myself as hard with workouts.

I think a lot of it is a mental game for me at this point that I can do it.

Workout- today is slated for tt intermediate home abs workout c. I have to wait and do it when I get home from work. I had planned on doing it here, but I don't have dumbbells or a stability ball or my dip/inverted row station (I am using an old folks medical walker! way less expensive with the same function! lol)... so... I'm basically left to wait or modify everything- so I think I will wait... only will be a problem if we get off work late today; but alas I can make it up tomorrow if that becomes an issue.

food:
1 cup coffee
2 cups tomato soup (so about 200 cal- trader joe's organic tomato basil soup in a carton...yum!)
I'm going to have some toast with allfruit. We were busy here at work and didn't get breakfast.

I might do some sort of bodyweight workout here or something just so that I get in some activity no matter what. We will see. I'm still pretty sore though, and I don't want to push too hard.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:53 PM

Default update

okay- so... 1 bk iced mocha coffee toward the end of my work day (I didn't sleep well last night, so I needed caffeine)...

dinner tonight was taco salad but with no taco shell (so basically, grilled chicken, lettuce, tomato, some sour cream, guacamole, refried beans and cheese).

Workout: TT home abs workout C

warmup:
DB Split squat- 8 reps/side with 12 lb dumbbells
decline pushup- 5 reps

1a)DB Split Squat- 8 reps/side - 20 #dbs
1b)Legs on ball pushup- 15, 15, 10 (then 5 regular pushups...)

2a)Stability ball hip extension- 15, 15, 15
2b)Inverted Row- 8, 8, 8 (done on my dip station walker- so my hands are in a chinup position not a pullup position if that makes sense... so more a reverse pushup?)
2c)Bird dog- 8/side- 8,8,8

3a)SB Jackknife plank (30s hold)- 30s, 30s, 30s
3b)Spiderman climb (5/side) -5, 5, 5

It was a good workout. I contemplated adding a bodyrock workout to the end of it, but decided to take it easier today... I will still do something tomorrow, and my upper body is pretty sore, so I'm listening to it and not pushing too hard.

So, my next 2 days (Fri/Sat) are off days from TT.

Goals for Next week's TT workouts:

Workout A: I'm thinking in my first set, I will do AMRAP for close grip pushups, and then the 8 called for for the next 2 sets. I will also do my side planks for 30sec/side instead of 20s.

Workout B: I'm going to aim to extend my stability ball planks to 20 sec hold on all sets. I'm also going to do 6 reps/side on my side planks with leg raises.

Workout C: I could probably add a few more inverted rows, we will see how I feel by this time next week.

I'm not going to add anything extra upper body- after all, me needing to catch up my pushup strength is why I'm in the intermediate workout first. I might move on to the advanced phase after next week depending on how my pushups are going. The only thing that I would like for next week upper body wise would be to do all the legs on ball pushups from today's workout with my legs on the ball.

Nutrition goals for the next week: Tomorrow probably won't be the best nutrition day- my bridesmaids and I are going about an hour and a half away for them to try on dresses and want to get lunch and possibly dinner while we're out. I'll have water with my meal as usual, and I will try to get grilled or baked chicken or a steak or something depending. My biggest indulgence tomorrow will be starbucks. It's a good thing there aren't any on my way to work normally, because I would keep them in business lol
My goal for the rest of the week is clean eating at least until Thursday.... Thursday is my birthday! So I will have at least some wine; and my fiance and I have a double date with some friends on Saturday and we already know we're having a wine night after...so... it is what it is. Luckily, we have 3 dance lessons scheduled this weekend (one Thurs, one Fri, and one Sat morning)... they're ballroom and we've both danced competitively before but haven't ever taken lessons together so I'm looking forward to it- but it should actually be decent exercise since we know most of the moves/form and so we will actually be doing more dancing than watching

Anyone have any fun plans for the weekend?

Old 01-14-2012, 09:45 PM

Hey Rachel,

Just checking in on you. Workouts are looking good. That walker idea for a dip station is awesome, what a smartie pants you are!

Have fun tomorrow trying on dresses. How many bridesmaids do you have??

The ballroom dancing sounds fun. I would love to take lessons as I have two left feet. Great that your man likes it too... would you ever compete again??

Wish I had something to add on the exciting weekend front. My husband is a paramedic too, he picked up a shift for today so the kids and I were home, did some sledding even though we barey have any snow. Tomorrow will be groceries and getting ready for the week.

Have a great time tomorrow!

PS What is a body rock workout??

Last edited by hgjohnston : 01-14-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgjohnston View Post
Hey Rachel,

Just checking in on you. Workouts are looking good. That walker idea for a dip station is awesome, what a smartie pants you are!

Have fun tomorrow trying on dresses. How many bridesmaids do you have??

The ballroom dancing sounds fun. I would love to take lessons as I have two left feet. Great that your man likes it too... would you ever compete again??

Wish I had something to add on the exciting weekend front. My husband is a paramedic too, he picked up a shift for today so the kids and I were home, did some sledding even though we barey have any snow. Tomorrow will be groceries and getting ready for the week.

Have a great time tomorrow!

PS What is a body rock workout??
Hey Heather

I have 3 bridesmaids. They successfully picked a dress. It wasn't the one we thought it would be, but it looks great on all of them and is modest yet flattering, so perfect!

I don't know if we'd ever want to compete again. We both really enjoyed dancing, so hopefully we enjoy doing it together. haha! I'm sure we will (enjoy it) but we'll see. He already has said that he wants us to be able to take a lesson every other week or so even after we're married, sort of a planned date. That'd be fun.

Where do you guys live/where is your hubby a medic?

www.bodyrock.tv - it's a "home workout movement"- they've gotten to incorporating some limited equipment into most workouts (like a dip station, a sandbag, etc) but they have some cool workouts, that are tabata interval style and they are usually about 12 minutes long. Love them for my intervals! I hate boring cardio.