TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 13th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2012, 09:46 PM

Default Day 4 Update

Thanks for the encouragement. I will try and incorporate more veggies into my diet. I have always been a meat and potatoes kind of guy, but I realize that veggies are a healthier way to go.

Today was a pretty good day, I didn't do any structured exercise but did quite a bit of walking.

Here's what I ate today (ended up not doing the ESE fast

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs on whole grain toast

Dinner:
1 medium chicken breast
2 spoonfuls mashed potatoes
1 cup steamed broccoli

So far so good, will get back to working out tomorrow.

"Never, ever, ever give up."
Old 01-15-2012, 10:17 PM

YAY BROCCOLI

(okay, I could probably sell broccoli to a broccoli farmer, I love it so much)

looks like you had a good day, keep it up Hope your weekend was nice and that you enjoy your workouts this week, can't wait to see how they go!

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

My TTTC 10 Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9998
Old 01-17-2012, 06:22 PM

I agree w/ Rachel on the veggies. If you keep some frozen veggies on hand, all you have to do is toss them in w/ your meal for work and by the time you are ready to heat up your food, they're thawed. I also eat salads most days to incorporate more veggies. You can do pretty much anything to a salad to make it into a meal in itself - tons of veggies, add fruit (fresh or dried) or some nuts or some cheese, add hard boiled egg, add other protein (ham, turkey, etc.). It's just so versatile. It does take time to prep the veggies, but I can make 2 large salads w/in 15 minutes - so if that's your meal, that really isn't much time. My husband and I usually do spinach salads - and then we always have it on hand to toss into smoothies, too! It makes for a strange-looking smoothie, but at least you know you're getting some extra good stuff in there that you can't even taste.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:19 PM

Sounds yummy! If you have a chance try a smoothie with kale banana strawberry.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:27 AM

Default Day 8 Update

I haven't done very well the last few days. I had a fairly major change in my life this week. I started a new job on Tuesday, and as a result I will be working away from home for extended periods of time. I will be working in a remote area staying in a work camp with no gym facilities. My coworkers after work social activities seem to consist of drinking rum and coke and eat hot wings and various deep fried appetizers. Not good for someone who is trying to reduce alcohol consumption, eat healthy and exercise.

I want to join them in the evenings so I get to know them and don't feel left out, but I know it isn't a good environment for me to be in.

I need to remind myself that I am the one that is responsible for my actions. I am responsible for what I eat, drink, and do.

I will get back on track. Tonight I am going in to town to buy some veggies and some healthy foods.

I would eventually like to get some adjustable dumbells and a portable bench that I can bring to the location I am staying at. Until then, I will find a bodyweight workout program that I can do. Will report back again tomorrow.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:48 AM

I sympathize, Randy. It's so hard to try to "get in with the group" without doing the group things! Stay strong. Maybe you could win one or two over to your side? (the side with the guys wearing the white hats!)
Old 01-22-2012, 10:00 PM

Well, I didn't do very well this week. Tomorrow I will get back on track with eating healthy, exercising, and posting regularly here. I hope everyone else is doing well.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortWingPilot View Post
I haven't done very well the last few days. I had a fairly major change in my life this week. I started a new job on Tuesday, and as a result I will be working away from home for extended periods of time. I will be working in a remote area staying in a work camp with no gym facilities. My coworkers after work social activities seem to consist of drinking rum and coke and eat hot wings and various deep fried appetizers. Not good for someone who is trying to reduce alcohol consumption, eat healthy and exercise.

I want to join them in the evenings so I get to know them and don't feel left out, but I know it isn't a good environment for me to be in.

I need to remind myself that I am the one that is responsible for my actions. I am responsible for what I eat, drink, and do.

I will get back on track. Tonight I am going in to town to buy some veggies and some healthy foods.

I would eventually like to get some adjustable dumbells and a portable bench that I can bring to the location I am staying at. Until then, I will find a bodyweight workout program that I can do. Will report back again tomorrow.
The TRX or Jungle Gym suspension trainers are great for on the go!
Old 01-25-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortWingPilot View Post
No it doesn't sound like the best situation, but as you say, you are in control. Stay strong and think about your goals. You can do it.
Have a look at Craig's body weight programs. You won't have to spend any money for a while. BW will do the trick.
Keep at it, don't give in. Concetta
Old 01-30-2012, 08:59 PM

Thought I'd post another update... Last week wasn't very good, this new job is brutal. Today was my 14th day worked in a row, and none of my coworkers are interested in living a healthy lifestyle. But, that's no excuse for me to participate in behaviour that isn't getting me closer to my goals. So I've found my backbone again and I am back on track.

Eating today:

- fasted until the evening meal, then had a chicken breast, 1/2 cup of roasted potatoes, and 1 cup of green beans.

Exercise today:

- did TT Hotel Room Prep phase workout A:

(three circuits of the following
Lying Hip Extension x 15
Kneeling Pushups x 10
1-Leg Lying Hip Extension x 8 each side
Plank x 20 seconds
Side Plank x 10 seconds each side
Lying Hip Extension (Feet on Chair) x 10
Bird Dog x 5 each side
Prone Stickup x 8

Also did 6 x 30 second intevals of Cross Crawls with 30 seconds of rest in between.