TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 13th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2012, 11:39 PM

Default No excuses!

Hi everyone,

I'm back again for TC13, this will be my 3rd time entering one of Craig's transformation contests. I entered TC11, but gave up and didn't finish. I entered TC12, and didn't give up and hung on until the end. The workouts clicked for me, but my self discipline in the nutrition department was lacking. I did OK though, I lost 22 lbs and placed as a finalist but didn't make it into the top 3. I finished TC12 at a weight of 218 lbs. I let things slide over the holidays and I am now 225 lbs. I'm still doing pretty good considering a year ago I weighed 248 lbs.

During TC12, I proved to myself that I could stick with it and finish the contest without giving up. This time, the nutrition side of it needs to click for me.

For workouts, I'll be sticking with the tried and true TT for Fat Loss manual workouts. For nutrition, I will be using Brad Pilon's Eat Stop Eat program of intermittent fasting and will also be incorporating some principles from Martin Berkhan's Lean Gains program.

Here are my entry pictures. I'll be posting my workouts and nutrition in this thread. I'd like to wish all of my fellow competitors good luck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2692a.JPG (53.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2690a.JPG (49.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2691a.JPG (51.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2693a.JPG (73.4 KB, 9 views)

"Never, ever, ever give up."
Old 01-09-2012, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortWingPilot View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm back again for TC13, this will be my 3rd time entering one of Craig's transformation contests. I entered TC11, but gave up and didn't finish. I entered TC12, and didn't give up and hung on until the end. The workouts clicked for me, but my self discipline in the nutrition department was lacking. I did OK though, I lost 22 lbs and placed as a finalist but didn't make it into the top 3. I finished TC12 at a weight of 218 lbs. I let things slide over the holidays and I am now 225 lbs. I'm still doing pretty good considering a year ago I weighed 248 lbs.

During TC12, I proved to myself that I could stick with it and finish the contest without giving up. This time, the nutrition side of it needs to click for me.

For workouts, I'll be sticking with the tried and true TT for Fat Loss manual workouts. For nutrition, I will be using Brad Pilon's Eat Stop Eat program of intermittent fasting and will also be incorporating some principles from Martin Berkhan's Lean Gains program.

Here are my entry pictures. I'll be posting my workouts and nutrition in this thread. I'd like to wish all of my fellow competitors good luck!
Baby steps! You got the fitness down, now time to conquer the food... you'll get it and you'll rock this round!!!!

can't wait to see it happen.

~Amanda

"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Steve Prefontaine

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills

Avatar Picture is Jamie Eason. A very amazing woman in the fitness industry. Want to look like her!
Old 01-09-2012, 06:40 AM

Time to put it all toghther, now, shortwing! Good luck in this contest............
Old 01-09-2012, 10:40 PM

Default Day 2 Update

Well I pretty much picked up where I left off TC12... a good workout, poor nutrition.

I did TT Beginner workout A, followed by interval workout A. I'm not going to bother posting the details of my workout, because the workouts aren't the problem for me, my eating is.

Oh, I forgot to post my goal in my first post. I have one goal for this contest: to weigh less than 200 lbs at the end. It's an ambitious goal, but I think I can do it.

I got the title of my thread from a great book that I am reading right now, it's called "No Excuses! The Power of Self-Discipline." I'd highly recommend it.

The part I'm reading right now is about taking responsibility:

I am responsible.
I am responsible for the food that goes into my mouth.
I am responsible for my fitness.
I am responsible for how well or how poorly I do in this contest. It depends on nobody but me.

I am responsible!

Old 01-12-2012, 09:54 PM

Default Starting Over

Well, I've decided to start over. I've had some really bad luck over the last few days. As some of you who followed my thread in the last challenge may know, I was convicted of impaired driving last year. A week ago, I regained my driving privileges on a restricted basis. I received a conditional license which allows me to drive a vehicle with an ignition interlock installed. This is an electronic device that I blow into that senses my breath and makes sure I haven't had any alcohol before it allows the vehicle to start. I got this device installed in my truck and headed to work, excited about being able to drive again.

Yesterday morning, at the plant site that I work at, I was in an accident with my truck. I ran in to a light post and did considerable damage to my truck. My job was already in jeopardy as a result of my impaired driving conviction, and as a result of this accident, I have been suspended from my job while the HR department decides if I will be fired or not.

This has caused me to be under a lot of stress and I have done some emotional eating over the last two days. Like I mentioned in the above post, I need to take responsibility for my actions and take responsibility for what I put into my mouth.

So I have taken some new pictures today and I am starting over. I am trying to do what's right and be a disciplined, responsible person, but some days it seems like I just can't seem to catch a break.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2694a.JPG (52.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2695a.JPG (50.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2697a.JPG (48.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2698a.JPG (69.4 KB, 7 views)

Old 01-13-2012, 12:27 AM

So sorry to hear of your misfortune... I hope that this attempt goes better for you, and good on you for wanting to get back on the horse. I know it can be hard sometimes, and some setbacks are much bigger than others. Be proud of yourself for even just the commitment to take before pics again and stick it out

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

My TTTC 10 Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9998
Old 01-13-2012, 11:44 PM

Default Day 2 Update

Thanks Rachel.

I feel a lot better today. I ate relatively healthy, and had a good workout. I only had two meals today, which kind of goes against the standard advice of eating 5 to 6 small meals a day, but it's still better than over eating, or eating garbage. I've changed my mind, I think I am going to record both my eating and my exercise in this thread. I think it will be a good exercise in discipline and not being lazy.

Here is what I ate today:

Breakfast: 2 pieces of whole grain toast with peanut butter and raspberry jam.
Dinner: Sirloin steak and a baked potato.

For exercise, I did workout A of the TT Beginner plan:

Warmup (2 sets
Prisoner Squats x 10
Kneeling Pushups x 8
Stability Ball Leg Curls x 8

DB Squats 20 lbs each side x 8
Kneeling Pushups x 5

Main Workout (2 sets each
DB Squats 30 lbs each side x 10
Kneeling Pushups x 10

DB Rows 40 lbs x 10 per side
Stability Ball Leg Curls x 12

Ab Curl Ups x 10
Side Plank x 15 seconds per side

I followed this with Interval Workout A on the stationary bike. I did 6x30 second intervals at maximum resistance on the bike, with 90 seconds of rest between them at 6 notches down from maximum resistance on the stationary bike.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:54 AM

Default Day 3 Update

Hi everyone,

I had an OK day yesterday. My eating was good for the early part of the day, but then I had a bowl of popcorn and a Coke as an evening snack. Sundays were going to be my cheat day, but I will count last night's snack as my cheat meal for the week. I am also going to start journalling my eating and exercise at the end of the day, rather than the following morning. So I will be posting my Day 4 update this evening. I am planning to have a healthy breakfast, then do an Eat Stop Eat style fast for the rest of the day.

Here's what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast:
2 hard boiled eggs on whole grain toast
1 orange

Lunch:
1 small bowl of raisins with a handful of almonds

Snack:
1 large bowl of popcorn and a coke

Here's the exercise I did yesterday:

30 minutes on the stationary bike - did 5 easy 2 minute intervals with 3 minutes of rest between them.

Have a good day everyone.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:13 PM

Looking good Randy. Good on ya for keeping yourself accountable.

Do you like veggies? Are you incorporating them into your diet, or at least trying new ones? I was iffy on the veggies when I started last year, but they are such a staple in my diet now. I go through a 5 pound bag in about 3-4 days. You can season them to taste like just about anything, and they are amazing cooked in coconut oil. I think that the amount of veggies I eat has played a huge role in my success- they are very filling so you feel less need for junk food, plus you feel more full after eating them anyway.

best of luck to you

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

My TTTC 10 Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9998
Old 01-15-2012, 05:36 PM

Thanks for popping by my thread. It's been quite a trip for me, and it's taken awhile to get to that "last little bit". You WILL get there, too -- to your ultimate body goals -- if you keep at it. Just keep posting so we can see your success and help you through any rough times. I'll be cheering for you!